• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,125 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 5:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol CONGRATS ^^

and I'm sure it was hard to post in the back from cgc thread cause it hasn't been posted in a while, it was on the 2nd page :insane:

Anyway lol

I'm sure people would love to actually see the thread bumped with some books!

Thanks brother! You've been a huge help getting me through this process!! Sending more out this weekend! 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:42 AM, X_Phile said:

I have MFT books received in June that have not gone to grading yet, if that helps.

Thanks. Looks like I won't be holding my breath. Were these delivered in June or marked received in June? What I mean is that since it takes about 2 months for CGC to mark slow track books as being received, the turnaround times for when they're marked received may be similar between fast track and slow track.

On 8/31/2021 at 9:37 AM, skybolt said:

Has anyone had any modern slow track books (received in June) go into grading yet?

I have 5 received from June 3-5 (probably all the same date but it was a rush) get sent back 3 weeks ago but 7 other subs received at the same time not move so it's all over the place now.

I don't know if it was too fast 3 weeks ago or it's too slow now.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:44 PM, greggy said:

I have 5 received from June 3-5 (probably all the same date but it was a rush) get sent back 3 weeks ago but 7 other subs received at the same time not move so it's all over the place now.

I don't know if it was too fast 3 weeks ago or it's too slow now.

It sort of makes sense. About 3 weeks ago I was seeing a lot more movement on modern slow track, but nothing since. 

On 8/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, skybolt said:

Thanks. Looks like I won't be holding my breath. Were these delivered in June or marked received in June? What I mean is that since it takes about 2 months for CGC to mark slow track books as being received, the turnaround times for when they're marked received may be similar between fast track and slow track.

Delivered mid  April, marked received in June.

On 8/31/2021 at 12:59 PM, X_Phile said:

Delivered mid  April, marked received in June.

That's crazy. The current turnaround times for MFT is 66 days from delivery date. You're like 6 weeks past that point.

On a side note, since the CGC deadline for packages delivered was June 30th (to take advantage of old pricing), you'd think things will start moving a lot quicker now (since they're currently opening the last packages from that week).

On 8/31/2021 at 2:06 PM, skybolt said:

That's crazy. The current turnaround times for MFT is 66 days from delivery date. You're like 6 weeks past that point.

On a side note, since the CGC deadline for packages delivered was June 30th (to take advantage of old pricing), you'd think things will start moving a lot quicker now (since they're currently opening the last packages from that week).

I agree. What is even crazier is that two other submissions that were delivered in May, recorded as received on 7/15, were shipped back to me on August 20th. 

On 8/31/2021 at 1:08 PM, X_Phile said:

I agree. What is even crazier is that two other submissions that were delivered in May, recorded as received on 7/15, were shipped back to me on August 20th. 

I would definitely call and check. 

On 8/16/2021 at 11:03 AM, Hudson said:

I sent a package to CGC some time ago.  USPS shows that it was delivered to CGC on 08/09 and yet when I type the trackng number into CGC, they say they don't have it (it has not yet been scanned).  This seems strange to me.  I get that they may be behind in actually "grading" books, however, shouldn't they at least be scanning packages as they arrive (so they can account for what is actually there)?  IDK.  Is this normal?  I do not submit to CGC all that often, so maybe this is normal.  Any insights from you guys that are far more experienced at this than I am? 

Just an update.  I am beginning to become a little concerned.  It has now been over 3 weeks since the USPS states they delivered my package to CGC and yet, CGC is still not showing the package as having even been scanned.  I would like to know that they at least recieved the package (regardless of when they decide to grade it).  Is it really that difficult to scan packages as they arrive?? (shrug)

On 8/31/2021 at 3:04 PM, Hudson said:

Just an update.  I am beginning to become a little concerned.  It has now been over 3 weeks since the USPS states they delivered my package to CGC and yet, CGC is still not showing the package as having even been scanned.  I would like to know that they at least recieved the package (regardless of when they decide to grade it).  Is it really that difficult to scan packages as they arrive?? (shrug)

It's the new normal.  It can take up to 6 weeks to scan in right now. 

On 8/31/2021 at 1:59 PM, wombat said:

So for those that track this closely. Does it appear anything is moving faster? Do we think CGC has hired more people to help speed things up?

Either I have the worst luck in the world or no.

I have a Walkthrough that is stuck in prescreen that has been there since 6-8. Second WT I have had this year  that has taken forever to move.

And I have been on the phone with them weekly, CC was charged a month ago.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:04 PM, Hudson said:

image.thumb.png.99037d885a4887186a78271ca6ab1f5b.png

On 8/31/2021 at 6:58 PM, zupaphly said:

My 4/8 modern prescreen shipped yesterday... there really is no rhyme or reason 😕 

This is what I've learned 

It's only estimated and eventually