• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

Just a quick questions about turn around times.  I was looking at some comics on ebay and noticed this CGC graded "Kang the Conqueror #1" which I know came out August 18th.  So I looked up the certification number on CGC site and saw it was graded on the 9/13.  So the turn around time for this sub was 17 days...how?  Its posted for under 90 bucks...so not walk through or express, right?  Just asking...cuz I would like the 17 day turn around under 90 bucks option also plz.

cgc cen.png

On 9/28/2021 at 8:52 AM, graffix13 said:

Oh, my Value subs will definitely be around Christmas time.

My Moderns just went into G/E/I. Now the question is, how long will they be there? 

sounds like i am exactly a month behind you yay :|

On 9/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, IceHole said:

Just a quick questions about turn around times.  I was looking at some comics on ebay and noticed this CGC graded "Kang the Conqueror #1" which I know came out August 18th.  So I looked up the certification number on CGC site and saw it was graded on the 9/13.  So the turn around time for this sub was 17 days...how?  Its posted for under 90 bucks...so not walk through or express, right?  Just asking...cuz I would like the 17 day turn around under 90 bucks option also plz.

cgc cen.png

Some ppl have had random orders turnaround light speed. Case in point, I had a STANDARD order w/66 day posted TAT complete in like ~3 calendar weeks. Thank the grader gods and dont question.   

On 9/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

YES! My Marc Silvestri InHouse Signing moved to G/E/I! Soon I won't have to scroll down past a bunch of completed subs to check on this one. 

Cutoff was July 5th so happy to see movement even if it was apparently another unannounced visit. 

Thank you, gives me hope for mine! 

Here is a funny one...

I had three packages arrive at CGC on August 23rd, 2021.  When I went to verify in their tracking tracker, nothing showed up. I called CGC customer service on it, but long story short, they basically said they were "missed" in scanning or there was a malfunction but basically told me they get a lot of submissions, they won't go look for them and not to worry about it they will turn up. I said fine and decided to wait and see. 

I figured they were only opening packages received the week of August 16, that I still had time before something showed up in my submissions.

Last night, I see I get a CGC invoice email. Curious, I go to check on my submissions...This is what I get...

Economy (7 books) - Received 9/28/21 - Scheduled for Grading

Modern (14 books) - Received 9/28/21 - Grading/Quality Control

Meanwhile, my other package/invoice of 25 books is not yet in the system or viewable under the My Submissions tab. I am "happy" to be getting some books back way sooner than expected, but man, something is messed up. I just want those 25 books to turn up in the system now so I can "rest easy".

Just had the 4 moderns I sent just in time for deadline of the price change,  move to GEI . Then when I reloaded the page move to shipped. Post dated to ship tomorrow.  9/30

Shipped to CGC : 4/28/21

Received / SFG : 6/21/21

GEI/Shipped :  9/29/21 Ship Date : 9/30/21

20210929_115545.jpg.bfe7d61f431dda9b512d67c699db5494.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 9/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, toro said:

My moderns that I sent in during the price change will never come back.  They are with CCS.  :tonofbricks:

Mine too. 2 months since CCS received, no movement yet.

10 Modern FT Pressing + Grading
Delivered: 4/26/21
CGC Received: 6/8/2021
CCS Received: 7/29/2021

On 9/28/2021 at 12:25 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

YES! My Marc Silvestri InHouse Signing moved to G/E/I! Soon I won't have to scroll down past a bunch of completed subs to check on this one. 

Cutoff was July 5th so happy to see movement even if it was apparently another unannounced visit. 

Thank you for your update! I paid for a remarque, so looking forward to seeing movement on mine soon!

On 9/28/2021 at 8:58 AM, skybolt said:

The CCS turnaround times (189 business day now) keep going up. You have to believe they'll plateau at some point with the higher pressing fees introduced several months back.

Eventually yes.  

Last big con I attended in 2019 every other sentence I heard out of dealers and alleged collectors in regards to raw books was send it for pressing. Some of these books had pieces missing still dealers were saying get it pressed and these so-called collectors seemed to agree - I saw this twice at 2019 NYCC!   [sarcasm on] It was a Nice reminder that Comic Dealers on the whole are just as honest as trading card dealers [end sarcasm]

I am taking a wild guess but it's possible 25% or more of the books waiting to be pressed either do not need it or will not be aided by the process.  My next guess is when those who are clueless about the hobby in general get a clue that pressing is not a miracle panacea or leave the hobby,  then backlogs will subside. Sadly however the higher prices will remain!

P.S. Books I shipped for submission April 9 just prior to the price increase announcement, were moved into Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging Friday Sept 24.   I'd expect a much longer wait than 6 months for the books I  sent in this Aug and Sept.   None of my submissions included pressing. I do have a small stack of 10 books I feel would be aided by pressing, but I'll wait even if it's years to send. I'm collector only, not a dealer, not a flipper and derive none of my income from selling Comic Books so I can be patient

Edited by MAR1979