• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

Has anyone done a Modern Slow Prescreen since this "new process" has begun? Have a bunch of books I've held off on submitting until TaTs improve, but may send in more this week. Debating if a prescreen is worth it anymore since the price increases.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:25 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Has anyone done a Modern Slow Prescreen since this "new process" has begun? Have a bunch of books I've held off on submitting until TaTs improve, but may send in more this week. Debating if a prescreen is worth it anymore since the price increases.

It all depends on what you plan to do with the books. In general, I can still sell a 9.6 graded book on EBay for a few dollar profit than lose $8 per book if it does not come back a 9.8.

On 10/19/2021 at 8:08 AM, skybolt said:

Has this happened to anyone before? Two of my four slow modern submissions (delivered on 9/14) were officially received and recorded on 10/14. Now CGC is opening submissions delivered the week of 9/20 and no sign of my other 2 submissions, which were sent in the same box as the other ones. I just assumed that once CGC opened a package they would just record everything inside. It seems like now submissions are separated at birth.

Never mind, the 2 other submissions were just entered into the system.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:49 AM, skybolt said:

Never mind, the 2 other submissions were just entered into the system.

Was gonna say, I've sent 2-4 orders in same box because (cheaper and) one qualified for "immediate open." Not uncommon to have a random order inputted 2 days later than rest in batch. 

This is in regards to my 50 Modern Prescreen marked received 6/14, 6+ weeks after Fedex dropped them off. Now 4 weeks and a day after changing status to G/E/I.

I thought if I reminded the submissions group once a week for the current time spent in G/E/I that I might get some movement. 

For context this was the email message I sent them on Monday.

image.png.5d15d3b30f9c352b407d2a88350331c9.png

Here is this weeks response....

image.png.487b62edfbb334f9a7e5216762367ccf.png

Edited by Yetti82

On 10/19/2021 at 3:54 PM, Yetti82 said:

This is in regards to my 50 Modern Prescreen marked received 6/14, 6+ weeks after Fedex dropped them off. Now 4 weeks and a day after changing status to G/E/I.

I thought if I reminded the submissions group once a week for the current time spent in G/E/I that I might get some movement. 

For context this was the email message I sent them on Monday.

image.png.5d15d3b30f9c352b407d2a88350331c9.png

Here is this weeks response....

image.png.487b62edfbb334f9a7e5216762367ccf.png

4 weeks is nothing. I have some sitting in GEI for months. 

Back again...
NOT a flex as my modern shipments from June, July, and September are still stuck at G/E/I, but now my second shipment from October has flown through...

October Modern Slow Boat Shipment #2
Shipped to CGC 9/25
Delivered to CGC 9/27
‘Received’ by CGC 10/13 (12 business days later / 12 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading 10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation 10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Credit Card Charged 10/14 (1 business day later / 13 days so far)
Shipped 10/19 (3 business days later / 16 days so far)

On 10/19/2021 at 9:06 AM, graffix13 said:

Mine were Received/SFG on 6/15 and I just hit 3 weeks in G/E/I today. 

Please post when yours are graded so I can have a little hope.

Our books are buddies on the Isle of Misfits, books CGC refuses to grade and instead they choose to grade the shiny, new books that came in last week!

I've got two small Fast Track Moderns sitting on G/E/I for 2.5 weeks now myself. The thing is is that they are graded already. If you ever look at your "grade date" under the CERT # it's almost always the same day that the status changed to G/E/I. I think the indicated status is the last completed event. It'll change to Quality Control after slabbing and Shipped after it's ready for pickup by the carrier. Just my observation since I've got nothing else to do as I wait.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:51 PM, Troy Division said:

Back again...
NOT a flex as my modern shipments from June, July, and September are still stuck at G/E/I, but now my second shipment from October has flown through...

October Modern Slow Boat Shipment #2
Shipped to CGC 9/25
Delivered to CGC 9/27
‘Received’ by CGC 10/13 (12 business days later / 12 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading 10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation 10/13 (0 business days later / 12 days so far)
Credit Card Charged 10/14 (1 business day later / 13 days so far)
Shipped 10/19 (3 business days later / 16 days so far)

I'm going to call CGC tomorrow and have them explain why books in the "same tier" that came in later then those that are still in the G/E/I stage, are being graded and shipped before the earlier submissions have graded and shipped.
I guess, First In First Out "in the same tier"  does not apply with CGC.   

On 9/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, zupaphly said:

3 out of the 5 subs initially received 4/7 just switched to CCS in Process, and credit card was charged.

The other 2 just went into CCS in Process today. The previous 3 are still same staus almost a month later...

On 10/19/2021 at 3:48 PM, musicmeta said:

I'm going to call CGC tomorrow and have them explain why books in the "same tier" that came in later then those that are still in the G/E/I stage, are being graded and shipped before the earlier submissions have graded and shipped.
I guess, First In First Out "in the same tier"  does not apply with CGC.   

Will be interesting to hear what they say, especially since my 20 Moderns have been "scheduled' since early July.  I don't want to talk to them...:pullhair:

On 10/19/2021 at 5:43 PM, Willbert said:

If you ever look at your "grade date" under the CERT # it's almost always the same day that the status changed to G/E/I.

Cool! I never knew this. I'm going to try it out on some of mine.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:51 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 10/13/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Any change for you?  My remarque (no pressing) book has been G/E/I for 2 weeks.

None. That boat's motor died and is adrift in a current :(

I inquired about when my (Silvestri remarque, no pressing) stuck in G/E/I order would ship, below is the response:

Thank you for your email, this private signing took place on 9/14/21 and this is when the 6-week turnaround time begins, the submission is currently in the Grading room being graded. It should be completed approximately by the end of the month. "

Value pressing update: 

Received CCS 4/17

CCS in process today! :banana:

I have a feeling books are going to new facility post pressing cuz my last 2 moderns were graded in less than a week after CCS…

On 10/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, dikran1 said:

Value pressing update: 

Received CCS 4/17

CCS in process today! :banana:

I have a feeling books are going to new facility post pressing cuz my last 2 moderns were graded in less than a week after CCS…

That would be awesome! Hope that happens with mine. How long did you books stay at CCS in Process?

On 10/19/2021 at 11:26 PM, zupaphly said:

That would be awesome! Hope that happens with mine. How long did you books stay at CCS in Process?

Well the entire CCS process took exactly 6 months total then about 2 weeks at CGC before my books arrived. Same timeframe for 2 25 book subs. This Value sub is already at 6 months so I’m hoping it’ll fly thru from here… :wishluck: