• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

image.thumb.png.626dd56b0d95beca92f2af2398274065.png

Wow, they are actually caught up on submissions.  Great job CGC!!!  I don't know how realistic the turn around times listed for Modern or Economy are.  My last Modern Fast Track went through in just over a month (received on 10/4).  I'd love to know if the regular Modern Slow Track (not the crazy-fast turn around ones) are really taking 131 days or if its something more reasonable like 60 days.  In any event, I think its time for me to renew my lapsed membership and get back in the game!

On 11/11/2021 at 1:24 PM, Retroheavy said:

First time submitting books for CCS pressing then Grading. Does anyone know if the turn around on grading begins once the book has completed CCS pressing or does will the books be graded immediately following the pressing.

Thanks 

They are done before the 2030 Summer Games on Mars!

On a serious note they seem to put the CCS books in for much quicker grading because they know you have waited so long.  When I used to use CCS they were graded fairly quickly after being pressed.  Good Luck

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 11/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, Petroman said:

Dare I ask what MECHANICAL ERROR and MECHANICAL ERROR MAGAZINE are?  Sure doesn't sound good.

that can be anything from a reholder on cgc's dime due to: Defective case  (scratches bends and more!), to mislabeling the slab, to wrong book etc and more!

Basically, ME or Mechanical Error is CGC description for a slab and or book that the are "redoing" on their dime :):foryou: 

On 11/12/2021 at 2:57 PM, Jaywalker0 said:

YIKES! Based on your recent shipped, looks like my last two subs delivered last week and this week were diverted to slow lane since there's no extra movement :/

The one received 10/13 and was delivered to CGC about 9/15; the last 2 about a week; the others as much as 2 months going back to May. There is no 100% correlation to-delivered, to-received, to-shipped, and to-paid….anymore. Unsure why new submissions would be expedited over submissions delivered much sooner...hopefully it has nothing to do with anything gloomy.  Anyway, my goal starting in Dec2020 was to send at least one submission per month so that I would receive back (eventually) one submission per month. For the most part it appears to be working although I wish they would stick to payment upon grading/shipping so I could better plan for potential funding issues. This is actually a CCG responsibility and not a CGC one.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:55 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

They are done before the 2030 Summer Games on Mars!

On a serious note they seem to put the CCS books in for much quicker grading because they know you have waited so long.  When I used to use CCS they were graded fairly quickly after being pressed.  Good Luck

My first submission to CGC was back in March 2017 and I opt to use CCS, which was fairly new at the time. Back then it took an extra month for 15 books to be pressed and I got them back about 2 months and 1 week. But I was not satisfied because I had grading notes indicating bends on at least five of the books (I'm sure they do better now since they're still in service). That's when I took it upon myself to learn the art of making paper flawless...or trying to would be a better term. One of my best decisions although I have still had my share of bends, so I just give myself a piece of my mind.

bend right bottom of front cover

very light, multiple bend top of front cover

bend right top of front cover through book

multiple bend top of back cover

multiple bend bottom of back cover

May Modern Slow Boat Shipment
Shipped to CGC 5/14
Delivered to CGC 5/18
‘Received’ by CGC 7/21 (45 business days later / 45 days so far)
Scheduled for Grading 7/26 (3 business days later / 48 days so far)
Credit Card Charged 8/26 (23 business days later / 71 days so far)
Grading / Encapsulation 11/11 (54 business days later / 125 days so far)
Shipped 11/12 (1 business day later / 126 days total)

On 11/12/2021 at 5:23 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.2e66ee861de22d3d906f4e444fd172a4.png

Here is hoping for a speedy recovery   modern tat, after that injection  hopeful batch! Semi glad mine were in before you lol but with your drop off, well see if faster still holds true!

:download:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/12/2021 at 3:27 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is hoping to a speedy recovery   modern tat, after that injection  hopeful batch! Semi glad mine were in before you lol but with your drop off, well see if faster still holds true!

:download:

Let's see if they are delivering them to the quicker new building, as I really want a bunch of my stuff back so I can cash them in.

xoxo

greggy

On 11/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

I am having trouble just trying to pronounce 8st. Lol.

Well keep practicing, until you get a southern draw speaking voice and you've aced it! :148480718_drumrollemoji:

On 11/12/2021 at 6:35 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:
On 11/12/2021 at 4:23 PM, universal soldier said:

2021-11-12_16-42-31.thumb.jpg.71ecee689e19ea8beca6a9b7f9ceee58.jpg

November the 8st? O.o

I am having trouble just trying to pronounce 8st. Lol.

^^

On 11/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

^^

I thought the word aced was pretty close to 8st, but ok :cry:

On 11/12/2021 at 6:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well keep practicing, until you get a southern draw speaking voice and you've aced it! :148480718_drumrollemoji: