• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,014 posts in this topic

On 11/17/2021 at 10:54 AM, Ninja0215 said:

So dunce question of the day, does this mean that they bill you upon opening the box since they are caught up? 

Unless they change procedures, still up in air. At least pre-covid, they were still pretty random with billing. Not quite like it has been now, but you'd typically get charged sometime during actual grading phase.

On 11/17/2021 at 11:56 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

Unless they change procedures, still up in air. At least pre-covid, they were still pretty random with billing. Not quite like it has been now, but you'd typically get charged sometime during actual grading phase.

TY! I have two orders that are ready to go out but id like them to wait to bill me lol 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:04 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Waiting for my Jim, Scott and Alex book to come back 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:03 AM, Ninja0215 said:

TY! I have two orders that are ready to go out but id like them to wait to bill me lol 

where ya been? lol

Or has everything come back so far for you? and your only contemplating more? :tink: 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

where ya been? lol

Or has everything come back so far for you? and your only contemplating more? :tink: 

LOl Over at the grading company across the street to make sure those books came back. They did and were higher grades than I ever thought. I have so many books I want to submit so I'm gonna try and get them in here. 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, Ninja0215 said:

My Jim lee book is the last one I'm waiting on. 

I'm awaiting Jim too, maybe before Christmas, given the 6-8 week estimated TAT :tink: 

I'm starting to see posts that people are getting their Campbell books back.

Yet, here I am, at GEI :cry:

On 11/17/2021 at 11:54 AM, lotofsilver said:

I'm stuck at GEI on Silvestri, JSC and Jim Lee. I had to switch to my pointer finger for refreshing the page once my thumb gave out.

I pressed, so I'm not even sfg on Jim Lee lol

:pullhair:

On 11/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Jim Lee remarque, no press (prolly a mistake), moved to G/E/I today.

Not sure it's anything to be excited about though, Silvestri and Young have been at G/E/I forever and ever.

It's so difficult to figure out the rhyme or reason.  My Silvestri books came back already (pressed) but my Kubert & Siekiewicz have been stuck in a G/E/I holding pattern for a while now also.  The Andy Kubert book went to G/E/I before all of them and nothing yet.

On 11/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, thingsofstuff said:
On 11/17/2021 at 12:16 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Jim Lee remarque, no press (prolly a mistake), moved to G/E/I today.

Not sure it's anything to be excited about though, Silvestri and Young have been at G/E/I forever and ever.

It's so difficult to figure out the rhyme or reason.  My Silvestri books came back already (pressed) but my Kubert & Siekiewicz have been stuck in a G/E/I holding pattern for a while now also.  The Andy Kubert book went to G/E/I before all of them and nothing yet.

Yes. It seems a roll of the dice in any aspect. I'm all for getting rid of the backlog, as I have regular submissions too. I did the Lee remarque, and I vaguely remember the Walt Simonson remarques taking a bit longer that just signature. It's been a while on a lot of it lol 

Clearly, CGC is trying to fix their processes and eliminate the bottlenecks. This is really a traffic and scheduling problem. If there were no bottlenecks, obviously an incoming package could be opened, sorted, entered into the system, graded, encapsulated, and shipped back out the same day. (Artificially accelerated grading for the test.)

The various incredibly fast turnarounds you're seeing are just experiments and data points in an overall traffic project. The Bay Area where I live has the worst commute in the United States generally. Traffic patterns are a daily problem here. If you are a commuter, you actually live traffic theory. (shrug)

You just have to hope they're getting close to getting it solved.

Edited by sckao

On 11/17/2021 at 1:15 PM, sckao said:

Clearly, CGC is trying to fix their processes and eliminate the bottlenecks. This is really a traffic and scheduling problem. If there were no bottlenecks, obviously an incoming package could be opened, sorted, entered into the system, graded, encapsulated, and shipped back out the same day.

The various incredibly fast turnarounds you're seeing are just experiments and data points in an overall traffic project. The Bay Area where I live has the worst commute in the United States generally. Traffic patterns are a daily problem here. If you are a commuter, you actually live traffic theory. (shrug)

You just have to hope they're getting close to getting it solved.

Ya that's what we're figuring, but this thread used to give clues as to what to expect. We're just kind of left in limbo so to speak. As long as it does get done correctly, then I'll be satisfied in the end  :tink:

I know. I've just reached the point where I've accepted that I can't actually do anything about it... so I'm just going to continue to send in my submissions again and hope they get caught up. (And fix their QC problems.) Luckily, my submissions that have come back recently have not had the egregious errors shown in some other threads. They've been fine generally. (Some minor scuffing and only on a few.) :wishluck:

Edited by sckao

On 11/16/2021 at 7:59 PM, RoLaren said:

Received: 11/11/21

Service: WALKTHRU

Shipped: 11/16/21

X-Men #1. :headbang:

Please FedEx don't botch this shipment.

Out of curiosity, how do you insure expensive books like this through Fedex?  From what I read on their website ages ago they will only insure it for something like $100.  I'm assuming you buy supplemental insurance, but is this easy to do through CGC?  This is why I always use USPS for my more valuable stuff as CGC will have them insure whatever you stipulate in your submission form (at extra cost to you).

On 11/17/2021 at 1:25 PM, sckao said:

I know. I've just reached the point where I've accepted that I can't actually do anything about it...  :wishluck:

I'm trying to get myself to this point, but the issue that is still bothering me is that I paid for 'fast track' on 30 books and I'm still waiting for grading 6 months after they received the books.

Meanwhile, others are receiving their 'slow track' books back in a couple weeks... Will they refund me for the fast track charges?

On 11/17/2021 at 6:51 PM, nikocb said:

I'm trying to get myself to this point, but the issue that is still bothering me is that I paid for 'fast track' on 30 books and I'm still waiting for grading 6 months after they received the books.

Meanwhile, others are receiving their 'slow track' books back in a couple weeks... Will they refund me for the fast track charges?

Keep dreaming little dreamer. (I'm with you in the same boat, tons of fast track subs sitting in limbo - but no way refunds are gonna happen)