• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 12/27/2021 at 6:52 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What ends up happening? I guess I just give it Time. Seems silly as itll update or it won't tonight. It just caught me off guard.

Does yours usually when post dater but label printed, does it usually still make it to the carrier the day the label is printed?

Usually start seeing activity on the day CGC has listed as the ship date.

• Administrator
On 12/28/2021 at 7:09 AM, gregwynn said:

If you submit books Prescreen with Fast Track what are you charged for Reject Fee?

Grade PreScreen

(Also select a grading tier; 25-book minimum)

Select Grade PreScreen and specifying a minimum grade on your invoice, you will be charged grading fees only for comic books that meet or exceed your specified minimum grade. These books will be certified and encapsulated according to tier, and those grading below your specified grade are returned uncertified. There is an $8 per reject fee for all books that do not reach your chosen grade. There is a 25-book minimum for Grade PreScreen.

On 12/28/2021 at 8:34 AM, CGC Mike said:
Grade PreScreen

(Also select a grading tier; 25-book minimum)

Select Grade PreScreen and specifying a minimum grade on your invoice, you will be charged grading fees only for comic books that meet or exceed your specified minimum grade. These books will be certified and encapsulated according to tier, and those grading below your specified grade are returned uncertified. There is an $8 per reject fee for all books that do not reach your chosen grade. There is a 25-book minimum for Grade PreScreen.

Thanks Mike i understand that. Is the Reject Fee only $8 or is it $8 + $15 because i selected Fast Track and you got to my books quicker because of it?

• Administrator
On 12/28/2021 at 9:37 AM, gregwynn said:

Thanks Mike i understand that. Is the Reject Fee only $8 or is it $8 + $15 because i selected Fast Track and you got to my books quicker because of it?

The rejected book would only be charged the $8 reject fee since it wouldn't be graded in this case.  The fast track portion applies just to the grading.  The pre-screen part is not done any faster, even when you select fast track so we wouldn't charge you for the fast track fee. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:14 PM, CGC Mike said:

The rejected book would only be charged the $8 reject fee since it wouldn't be graded in this case.  The fast track portion applies just to the grading.  The pre-screen part is not done any faster, even when you select fast track so we wouldn't charge you for the fast track fee. 

Good info. Thanks, Mike!

CGC Mike,

I have one in the "Grading, Encapsulating" status that hasn't moved in 2 weeks. It's supposed to be Fast Track Economy because I valued it at $400, but it's not a modern "economy" comic. It's ASM 39 in really nice shape, and I would love to get it back. All the other books in that submission have been back over a month. Any idea when that might happen?

• Administrator
On 12/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, Pat Thomas said:

CGC Mike,

I have one in the "Grading, Encapsulating" status that hasn't moved in 2 weeks. It's supposed to be Fast Track Economy because I valued it at $400, but it's not a modern "economy" comic. It's ASM 39 in really nice shape, and I would love to get it back. All the other books in that submission have been back over a month. Any idea when that might happen?

Send me a PM with your account number and submission number, and I will check.  

On 12/28/2021 at 12:51 PM, zupaphly said:

I see all this movement from you guys, and here I just sit... I give up 😂😢

Screenshot_20211228-104917_Chrome.jpg

Welcome to the island of misfit submissions. My 17 book modern sub is in it's 7th week of being stuck on G/E/I and well over 150 business days. :tumbleweed:

Edited by Willbert

On 12/28/2021 at 1:11 PM, Willbert said:

Welcome to the island of misfit submissions. My 17 book modern sub is in it's 7th week of being stuck on G/E/I and well over 150 business days. :tumbleweed:

My books have been with CCS since April... was hoping once they hit CGC the grading part would be faster... guess not...

On 12/28/2021 at 1:11 PM, Willbert said:

Ouch. I guess I have nothing to complain about with my 8/3/21 25 book Modern submission only being in week 4 now of G/E/I.

On 12/18/2021 at 12:25 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Pretty genius of CGC to add this lottery win type turnover right now.   Gives everyone hope for the golden ticket, lessening their unbearable frustration with current TATs.

I believe that is the "new process". Pick out approximately 5% of submissions and in effect give them the walk-through-treatment.  That way word gets out to Social Media and regular submitter will likley see one of their orders receive quick service.

Of course that type of "line cutting" is at the expense of delaying even further all the other in the queue.

I was lucky as I received the fast treatment on 1 of my 10 submissions in 2021.  While my first sub (NO CSS) of the year sat in limbo for 7 months.

You'd think CGC logically would utilize Saturday's - thus adding 52 additional processing days, nearly 2 full months, per year. I think that would do leaps and bounds more to clear out the backlog than arbitrarily rushing a tiny percent of orders at random through :( 

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, MAR1979 said:

I believe that is the "new process". Pick out approximately 5% of submissions and in effect give them the walk-through-treatment.  That way word gets out to Social Media and regular submitter will likley see one of their orders receive quick service.

Of course that type of "line cutting" is at the expense of delaying even further all the other in the queue.

I was lucky as I received the fast treatment on 1 of my 10 submissions in 2021.  While my first sub (NO CSS) of the year sat in limbo for 7 months.

You'd think CGC logically would utilize Saturday's - thus adding 52 additional processing days, nearly 2 full months, per year. I think that would do leaps and bounds more to clear out the backlog than arbitrarily rushing a small random percent of orders through :( 

I've seen updates on Saturday even Sunday several times  (thumbsu

Not on holidays of course.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/28/2021 at 3:55 PM, kimik said:

Ouch. I guess I have nothing to complain about with my 8/3/21 25 book Modern submission only being in week 4 now of G/E/I.

no you certainly don't as my single modern book has been in GEI for 9 weeks now ... and it was actually graded probably almost 2 months back

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 12/28/2021 at 5:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've seen updates on Saturday even Sunday several times  (thumbsu

Not on holidays of course.

I've seen that as well but I am under the impression that is due to batch and or queued processing of Database updates.  All automated in effect, no human is required. 

Are there any confirmed reports that they use Saturday's the same as say a Thursday - meaning regular operation.

Edited by MAR1979