• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2021 at 10:00 AM, Elroy Jetson said:

Received by CGC.  I believe I mailed it to them at the end of March 2021.

Alec

Thanks. Mine were received on 5/12 so in theory I should be a few weeks behind you. But I'm still sitting at GEI. When did your books move to grading/QC if you remember?

On 12/29/2021 at 8:05 PM, Kantankerous said:

I think everyone should start posting the submission numbers when there is a change in status along with tier (modern, express, economy, fast track).

The submission numbers seem sequential and some of us might be able to use it to see how many submissions are before ours.  Kinda like taking a number at the DMV.

(Although it seems there are people who are "cutting" in front of the line)

My submission number is #3916975 Received 8/29/21 currently at SFG.

I think I saw that submission #38XXXXX are being shipped now. 

In my experience, this doesn't work...they haven't spent a month working on 802.  Not to mention they did 803 BEOFRE 801 here.

If there is one thing you can get from reading the post is this forum...they don't do submissions in any kind of order.  These two subs were delivered in the same box...and there is over a month and counting between gradings.

Sub numbers.jpg

Edited by IceHole

On 12/30/2021 at 9:07 AM, J RANDALL said:

Anyone know how long the Mechanical Error's TAT?  I've had to send one back on 11/22 and haven't seen it move.  I would hope they would've fast tracked it since I had originally waited over 6 months for it the first time.

My most recent took 3 weeks.  I hope this helps.

mech error.jpg

For slow modern track pressing, I wonder if the current 197 day TAT makes sense. My 4/11 received books (delivered on 3/23) are sitting at 192 days now, but still haven't been charged. Just wondering if anyone has seen their books delivered in late February or early March move to grading yet. 

On 12/30/2021 at 11:18 AM, skybolt said:

For slow modern track pressing, I wonder if the current 197 day TAT makes sense. My 4/11 received books (delivered on 3/23) are sitting at 192 days now, but still haven't been charged. Just wondering if anyone has seen their books delivered in late February or early March move to grading yet. 

This pressing order delivered the same week as your's on 4/15 went to GEI on 12/22.  I do not remember the delivery date.  Invoiced on 12/3.

Also...I was charged the new pricing for this press even though it was subbed before the July price increase, something to watch out for.

Pressing crop.jpg

Pressing charges.jpg

Edited by IceHole

On 12/30/2021 at 10:23 AM, IceHole said:

This pressing order delivered the same week as your's on 4/15 went to GEI on 12/22.  I do not remember the delivery date.  Invoiced on 12/3.

Also...I was charged the new pricing for this press even though it was subbed before the July price increase, something to watch out for.

Pressing crop.jpg

Pressing charges.jpg

Thank you for the info. Did you call them and get the pricing corrected?

On 12/30/2021 at 11:16 AM, IceHole said:

I have not heard back from them as of yet.

My concern is that since they eliminated quick press, they may decide not to honor the $8 quick press charge for books delivered prior to late June. They may just decide to provide the $3 discount from $15 to $12 for regular press. 

On 12/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, IceHole said:

Went into effect after April 28...but you had until a date in June to get your books to CGC.

. . . if your online submission form was completed on April 27, it will still qualify for the old rates as long as the package is delivered to CGC by June 28.

- from their news post on 4/28.

On 12/30/2021 at 12:28 PM, Chazgee said:

. . . if your online submission form was completed on April 27, it will still qualify for the old rates as long as the package is delivered to CGC by June 28.

- from their news post on 4/28.

Yes!  Those are the dates I was looking for...Thank you.

Jim lee book finally shipped! I', a little disappointed in the grade but whatever I'll take it! When is that opportunity gonna come around again?  Speaking of in house signing I just filled out the form for Mr. Perez , my heart breaks for that man and his family. :-( 

On 12/28/2021 at 2:34 PM, MAR1979 said:

You'd think CGC logically would utilize Saturday's - thus adding 52 additional processing days, nearly 2 full months, per year. I think that would do leaps and bounds more to clear out the backlog than arbitrarily rushing a tiny percent of orders at random through :( 

They have been working weekends. Not every but a good portion.  

Working to get a lot of books that should never be in CGC holders to begin with graded. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder