• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2022 at 5:48 PM, Nic8612 said:

I would contact them and ask for a credit or something. That clearly happened after they pressed it or they did a really half-butt job of pressing

Yes, at this point it's a madhouse, and I'm not sure if I'm the man to get action taken. The reasons being that it is marked as shipped, but is marked for Monday the 7th.

So I'm still looking at future turn around time, and I'm not sure of the facts of the situation. Is it to lead forward to demand something, be patient as it's a virtue, or ask for double the fun like the double mint gum to get another press? Hassle spells worry and stress, I'd rather not think about it and just trust. 

1/7/22 10 10,000 STANDARD Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

1/4/22 25 5,450 MODERN Scheduled for Grading

12/17/21 25 5,700 MODERN Scheduled for Grading

12/8/21 25 6,375 MODERN Scheduled for Grading

11/23/21 25 4,400 MODERN Scheduled for Grading

11/2/21 25 3,150 MODERN Shipped

Going to call on Monday, but just realized two (of the ten) books that I submitted in October are not showing as received (with all the other books) in the invoice using the submission tracker.
I have a physical copy of my packing slip and it matches the packing slip I can review on-line.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edited by Troy Division

On 2/5/2022 at 11:51 PM, Troy Division said:

Going to call on Monday, but just realized two (of the ten) books that I submitted in October are not showing as received (with all the other books) in the invoice using the submission tracker.
I have a physical copy of my packing slip and it matches the packing slip I can review on-line.

Never. Incorrect information, but never completely missing.

On 2/5/2022 at 10:51 PM, Troy Division said:

You mean your submission slip & package had like 10 comics, but when they were checked in, they only listed 8? Have never had that happen. 

On 2/6/2022 at 11:54 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

You mean your submission slip & package had like 10 comics, but when they were checked in, they only listed 8? Have never had that happen. 

This exactly!
No email or phone call from CGC about the variance between the two.

Edited to add photos of: packing slip from CGC website w/ 10 comics, email from CGC when books were received with 10 comics, and submission tracker with 8 comics...

Capture 3.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

Edited by Troy Division

On 2/6/2022 at 4:13 PM, 18-22 said:

Any chance the two were rejected? Did any of the books have overhang or xxx rated images on the cover?

Unsure why they would be rejected...
I know there is at least one copy of the book (I sent two) that has been graded.
No overhang and no xxx rated images on the cover.
It is just odd that they dropped off the submission tracker without warning / communication.

Edited by Troy Division

On 2/6/2022 at 3:54 PM, Troy Division said:

Unsure why they would be rejected...
I know there is at least one copy of the book (I sent two) that has been graded.
No overhang and no xxx rated images on the cover.
It is just odd that they dropped off the submission tracker without warning / communication.

That's very odd. Is it possible that 2 the books graded higher than expected and CGC will contact you soon about moving them to Standard or Walkthru service?

On 2/7/2022 at 8:11 AM, skybolt said:

That's very odd. Is it possible that 2 the books graded higher than expected and CGC will contact you soon about moving them to Standard or Walkthru service?

I don't think so. My one experience with that was a surprise 9.8 that bumped a book to Express tier (from original modern). They informed me of price adjustment, but did not delist the book from original order and they all shipped together. 

More importantly, this happened during grading. While in holding purgatory, all books were checked in together like nothing different was happening. @Troy Division says the 2 weren't even checked in with the other 8. Aside from something bad, like gone missing, I can only imagine that would happen if the two were pre-75 and being relisted as Economy. But that also sounds like a big sub mistake he *wouldn't* have made. 

On 2/7/2022 at 9:11 AM, skybolt said:

On 2/7/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jaywalker0 said:

I don't think so. My one experience with that was a surprise 9.8 that bumped a book to Express tier (from original modern). They informed me of price adjustment, but did not delist the book from original order and they all shipped together. 

More importantly, this happened during grading. While in holding purgatory, all books were checked in together like nothing different was happening. @Troy Division says the 2 weren't even checked in with the other 8. Aside from something bad, like gone missing, I can only imagine that would happen if the two were pre-75 and being relisted as Economy. But that also sounds like a big sub mistake he *wouldn't* have made. 

Just got off the phone with Kim in customer service.
They had to send an email to CGC because there is nothing in the notes on my account about a discrepancy between packing slip and received.
Now I wait for a team member at CGC to research this situation.
Kim did confirm that the other 8 books on the invoice are graded but they have not shipped yet.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:18 AM, Troy Division said:

They had to send an email to CGC because there is nothing in the notes on my account about a discrepancy between packing slip and received.
Kim did confirm that the other 8 books on the invoice are graded but they have not shipped yet.

Hope you had the 2 books fully insured just in case.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:18 AM, Troy Division said:

Well that's awful 😬

On 2/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

image.png.3b2dee915ce5786ef57f67c4b63b0cbd.png

Hit QC on my 9/11 modern

lol That's what I wished mine looked like, slow and steady wins the race :) Still, keep it reel, it'll happen as it goes, it'll be peaceful I'm sure.

That's a whole lot, of love :):x @STORMSHADOW_80

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 07/16/21
Received 09/07/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/07/21
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging 01/12/22
Shipped 02/07/22

Modern Slow Track (50 Books)
Delivered 08/09/21
Received 09/20/21
Scheduled For Grading 09/20/21