• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,986 posts in this topic

On 1/31/2022 at 4:17 PM, Miguelb said:

Lol at this point i'm just like eh whatever...have a lesser order at CBCS since the beginning of August, so they aren't any better on their times.

Agreed. What can we really do after the fact. My order with CBCS is me off because the TAT when I sent it in was 10 weeks. 18 weeks later and nothing changed in my status. At least a few of the books have decreased to the point where I have to hold onto them or I might actually lose money.

On 2/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, Ninja0215 said:

This is gonna sound like a dumb question but you can ship different tiers in the same box right?? :tonofbricks:

This is not a dumb question. You can definitely do that. However, if all of the tiers are on the same invoice, then they will ship the books when all of them are done being graded. So, if a few books finished in a couple months and one book takes 6 months then you will get all of them back in 6 months. So, in this case you may want an invoice for each tier in the same box. That way each tier will ship independently of each other. The only downside is you would pay shipping per tier. Extra shipping is a small price to pay to have books come back sooner.

On 2/1/2022 at 2:43 PM, Xyrmellon said:

I've got a reholder that went through G/E/I in a day but now has been in quality control for almost 3 weeks. Should I be concerned?

To be honest nothing really surprises me lately. I had a recent order that spent 2 months in G/E/I. Then on a Friday it went to G/QC. The following Monday it was backing in G/E/I. Tuesday it was back in G/QC and it shipped that Friday. Give it another week and then call if nothing changes.

On 2/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

This is not a dumb question. You can definitely do that. However, if all of the tiers are on the same invoice, then they will ship the books when all of them are done being graded. So, if a few books finished in a couple months and one book takes 6 months then you will get all of them back in 6 months. So, in this case you may want an invoice for each tier in the same box. That way each tier will ship independently of each other. The only downside is you would pay shipping per tier. Extra shipping is a small price to pay to have books come back sooner.

You sir, are an amazing human!!! I figured the was the case but I had to ask anyway. 

I actually asked because I can't seem to find a box at my place of employment that would house a few books; just ones that would hold more than a few; so this helpful 👍👍👍

On 2/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I like it here; A lot. This is a new found home for my treasured comics. I don't know if I could handle another price increase though. :signofftopic:

I think you just need to properly access what you send in. Especially if you plan on flipping the books. For example, if you paid $100 for the book and after grading the book goes for around $175 it is probably not worth it. You have to factor in shipping to and from CGC, grading fees and/or pressing fees and then any fees associated with selling the book. That $100 book now has a buy in of about $145-50 and there is almost no profit. However, if you bought the book at around $20 then it is definitely worth it. My point is if you leave yourself ample room for profit whether CGC increases prices 5-10% you are covered. Price increases will happen over time. I specialize in books that I can grab for around cover price well before they are hot and sell for $125 or more.

On 2/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I really appreciate your insight here. ;however I don't have any plans on selling my books, at lest not yet. When I'm older and retired (provided I mkae it till then) these will go to my son. In the chance that he wants nothing to do with them which is possible then i will sell. Of the two possibilities of where to to take my business I wanted to pick one place to service my books; i decided that place was here. As long as I'm covered then.  I shpouldn't have anything to worry about. :takeit:

I would honestly be careful with the "these will go to my son". Just about every collector says that. However, unless he knows comics like you do then it would be better to give them to a third party to sell when you retire. Otherwise, chances are he will get pennies on the dollar. People who are not emotionally invested in something usually just want to sell stuff and be over it. But hopefully he will get into comics and know how to get top dollar for them. I have seen widows first hand walk into comic stores and get next to nothing for their husbands books. It is sad but true.