• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,014 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 2/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, dikran1 said:

Well some of do use this thread for information (with notifications), can we please keep it to it's intended use? Thanks

I agree.  If I continue to see people posting off topic posts, I will ban them from this topic.  I have removed several posts.

On 2/2/2022 at 11:11 AM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

I would honestly be careful with the "these will go to my son". Just about every collector says that. However, unless he knows comics like you do then it would be better to give them to a third party to sell when you retire. Otherwise, chances are he will get pennies on the dollar. People who are not emotionally invested in something usually just want to sell stuff and be over it. But hopefully he will get into comics and know how to get top dollar for them. I have seen widows first hand walk into comic stores and get next to nothing for their husbands books. It is sad but true.

Yup, for what remains of my golden age collection, I tell my wife to contact Vincent at Metro to auction the books if anything happens to me. 

So I know orders fall off your dashboard after 8 months.

However a submission of mine fell off and I also can’t search for it at all using the search bar and submission number. It’s almost like my order doesn’t exist. (I know it does and know they can track it on their end, it just still sucks though).

I contacted CGC about it. They said it was a known bug, but they won’t announce when it’ll be fixed. I just have to keep on checking to see if it comes back.

:tonofbricks:

On 2/2/2022 at 3:46 PM, Chester Cheetah said:

Honest question,  I turned off the auto renew for CGC membership.  If membership lapses and books still at CGC will they actually send them back?

Yes. You just have to get your membership in order if you want to submit more books.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:17 PM, CGC Mike said:

I agree.  If I continue to see people posting off topic posts, I will ban them from this topic.  I have removed several posts.

look out, someone found Arch's ban hammer!

I also have economy received 8/12, TAT suggests we only 3-4 months left. My membership expires end of this month...if you have an active submission cgc should not be allowed to solicit new business until it is complete.

Now, $129 vs $149....tightfisted need to get that discount vs show them that craptastic TATs matter  (shrug)