• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2022 at 6:44 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.9618145f6211f0385f046411c17ca19e.png

That makes me look up in hope. Truly mine were, in and around, at that time of the year. Saying last year and the wait, probably won't get old quite yet. It might be due some time. :wavingwhiteflag::goodvsevil::deadhorse:

Congrats!

On 2/7/2022 at 5:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That makes me look up in hope. Truly mine were, in and around, at that time of the year. Saying last year and the wait, probably won't get old quite yet. It might be due some time. :wavingwhiteflag::goodvsevil::deadhorse:

Congrats!

Don't ask me why mine always just seems to go straight through from GEI to shipped.

Must be all the 9.8s:baiting:

On 2/7/2022 at 7:19 PM, greggy said:

Don't ask me why mine always just seems to go straight through from GEI to shipped.

Must be all the 9.8s:baiting:

That's an honest answer! B-e-a-utiful.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's an honest answer! B-e-a-utiful.

Seriously, I am always surprised when stuff ships.  I assumed that it would be another week or so.  

I am curious why I got a book noted as REJECT, as I didn't do it as a prescreen

Oh well, that book is dead now so it doesn't matter. 

On 2/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, greggy said:

Seriously, I am always surprised when stuff ships.  I assumed that it would be another week or so.  

Yes can be discerning to see it actually happen all of a sudden. No rhyme or reason, just there it is, thankful to be sure; although, it's tough to say when it all will happen for anyone.  

Just always keep the expectations!  :x

On 2/7/2022 at 7:24 PM, greggy said:

Maybe cover overhang. (shrug)

On 2/7/2022 at 7:36 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.3197b83859faa1833ad871fb136fad7e.png

Only reasons I have seen for them to outright reject books so far besides a pre screen are for being counterfeit or cover overhang .

Although I have also seen a couple that were borderline too much overhang be sent back and later were slabbed. 

(shrug)

On 2/7/2022 at 5:24 PM, greggy said:

Did you submit yourself or were they from a presser? I had this happen when I didn't want pre-screen but my presser put it down accidentally. The annoying part was they billed full price for the reject books. It got even weirder because they billed me at Received and not after Pre-Screen so I was thoroughly confused.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:11 PM, Tnexus said:

Did you submit yourself or were they from a presser? I had this happen when I didn't want pre-screen but my presser put it down accidentally. The annoying part was they billed full price for the reject books. It got even weirder because they billed me at Received and not after Pre-Screen so I was thoroughly confused.

The submission showed as a regular modern. 

On 2/3/2022 at 6:25 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.62d149a41a99c5e93b2172a5d63e20be.png

I have a bunch of 9-30's that I am pretty sure was dropped off with yours since they were delivered by the same person, mine went to GEI the same day, I can check your update posts instead of my status with false hopes of mine going out the same as yours.  

The Value tier books from the same submissions haven't moved though, only moderns.

So those other miserable sobs like me don’t feel so alone lol.

Maybe May or June the waves of ccs will start making it back to me? I have about 200 more in normal/fast track from Impressive Comics pressing obviously using outside pressers is about 6 months faster then CCS at this point, however anyone else notice that CCS pressed books seem to get weird grade bumps? I had a Ms. Marvel 18 come back 9.8 and I would have sworn 9.4, but a bunch of modern stuff is coming back 9.4-9.6 with no noticeable issue and no notes if using outside pressers…..

Really wish we had a more reliable grading rubric at CGC and some competitive competition for service….

anyways back to my bridge to troll for a few more months… 

9E902E36-3438-4DBC-B2D5-129705F70AAC.jpeg

On 2/8/2022 at 8:02 AM, Smushi said:

So those other miserable sobs like me don’t feel so alone lol.

Maybe May or June the waves of ccs will start making it back to me? I have about 200 more in normal/fast track from Impressive Comics pressing obviously using outside pressers is about 6 months faster then CCS at this point, however anyone else notice that CCS pressed books seem to get weird grade bumps? I had a Ms. Marvel 18 come back 9.8 and I would have sworn 9.4, but a bunch of modern stuff is coming back 9.4-9.6 with no noticeable issue and no notes if using outside pressers…..

Really wish we had a more reliable grading rubric at CGC and some competitive competition for service….

anyways back to my bridge to troll for a few more months… 

9E902E36-3438-4DBC-B2D5-129705F70AAC.jpeg

Honestly, I think it has more to do with the specific graders (or time of year) than which presser you used. I've had CCS submissions that have been extremely inconsistent from month to month as well. For example, I got back one 16 book CCS submission where I was expecting 9 - 9.8's and 7 - 9.6's, but came back as 15 - 9.8's and 1 - 9.6. A few months later, I got back a submission with 10 - 9.8's and 15 - 9.4 / 9.6's, and was expecting 18 or 19 9.8's.