• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

A further update:

image.thumb.png.03face6c924f432e49dc01fdce35fa67.png

Grades seem OK. I was aiming for 9.4 on average on these two batches and likely got that on average, so all good.

The two batches shipped aren't mine (dad and brother's). Pleasantly surprised by the 10 unlimited punisher 1s we sent. Back in 2019 we sent 10 of the 20 that we thought were the 9.8 candidates. The 10 graded now, were not pressed (didn't really appear to have pressable defects). Getting some 9.8s out these is a surprise considering. 

image.thumb.png.9cc9570892e257319bfba0d8408d8eb8.png 

Had another book come back as 9.4 with a small internal page tear... can't say I checked for that... and generally I would assume that would be from manufacturing? Oh well.

Edited by eddly

On 2/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, cd4ever said:

It's a 10.5 and they have no labels for that. 

Windmills. It's all at about the right level for a post up shot at a two pointer. So this goes to 11

Anyone else still waiting for Jim Lee signing that was received on 07/06/21 it has been in Grading/Quality Control since November plus I have 2 other comics Fastrack Economy that were received on 09/13/21 (at the time it was received it was 72 days turnaround estimated) that have been in Grading/ Encapsulation/Imaging since November.  CGC should just come out and stated all comics might take a year regardless of modern/silver/golden ages fastrack, economy or whatever else they want to call it. 

On 2/8/2022 at 3:01 PM, pelleusmc said:

Anyone else still waiting for Jim Lee signing that was received on 07/06/21 it has been in Grading/Quality Control since November plus I have 2 other comics Fastrack Economy that were received on 09/13/21 (at the time it was received it was 72 days turnaround estimated) that have been in Grading/ Encapsulation/Imaging since November.  CGC should just come out and stated all comics might take a year regardless of modern/silver/golden ages fastrack, economy or whatever else they want to call it. 

Mine was received 12/9. Is due for delivery this Thursday, the 10th

On 2/8/2022 at 5:45 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

On a related note I saw on IG that George was admitted into hospital for an infection. The signings might be pushed back or canceled. Very sad.

Hes good people, well and good reputation. His heart I pray is right cause his goodness in spirit shows. No heart troubles for prayers. May any doctors find solutions.

On 2/8/2022 at 6:45 PM, Wheresmymarvelvaluestamp said:

On a related note I saw on IG that George was admitted into hospital for an infection. The signings might be pushed back or canceled. Very sad.

postponed indefinitely according to a post around here somewhere

On 2/8/2022 at 4:22 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hes good people, well and good reputation. His heart I pray is right cause his goodness in spirit shows. No heart troubles for prayers. May any doctors find solutions.

I have never heard one bad thing about the guy. Everybody has nothing but nice things to say about him. Always nice and smiling. I have a few George Perez books but I am just not into sigs but they are still important to me.