• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,053 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2022 at 12:15 PM, billsid said:

Maybe I read incorrectly but with all these signings that CGC seems to advertise every other week I thought I saw that they had a 6 week TAT?? If this is correct the fact that they do these significantly has to effect the TAT's in general does it not? Why continue to do these if it does, I know $$$ but one would think if the signings were suspended until they some what caught up they could alleviate this backlog in turn getting more submissions out the door and more cash coming in? Or maybe I'm just dumb.(shrug)

They use "estimated" but i think in general they dont make it very often but your are right it more than likely affects TaT in general

Has anyone ran into a situation where CGC initially only enters a portion of the books pressed by a 3rd party? What I mean is thus far 3 of the 20+ submissions have been received by CGC so far, but one submission only has 6 of the 25 books entered. Hopefully the rest of the books will be entered soon or this submission.

On 2/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, greggy said:

image.thumb.png.50f71e9ed636901f2c5aa2ad2860cf29.png

They still didnt make that one clickable?  As shipped....odd reasoning they had for it not being clickable...  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 2/24/2022 at 1:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They still didnt make that one clickable?  As shipped....odd reasoning they had for it not being clickable...  :shy:

I called yesterday and today and they just said that it was in the shipping queue but 4 got completed today with shipping labels done.  I don't really care that much, as I don't need to deal with that many packages at once even though I'm working from home. 

1474522294_ScreenShot2022-02-24at2_38_29PM.thumb.png.c64ab4348a6c0a323e311a13956bec3d.png

I still seeing people whose slow track moderns were received in early October were graded and shipped before mine from 9/29.  So unfortunately CGC is still not processing invoices on a true first in first out schedule.   

However, the good news for me is after 3-4 months of giving CGC "cash advances" I am finally back to getting moderns back each month again which is what I am used to before the fly by nighters came in and lost money.  I love seeing those YouTube videos. Seeing them lose money gives me so much joy.  

Edited by NewWorldOrder

My 9-30 Modern Submissions just hit shipped , Seemed a little tight on grading but all of this batch (except the Spidey 194) were books I bought off the rack. My Value submissions still haven't moved.

Ironically the only two with graders notes had the exact same notes

Comic Description:
Amazing Spider-Man 194 7/79 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light bends to cover
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover

Comic Description:
Usagi Yojimbo 1 7/87 Fantagraphics Books

Grader Notes:
light bends to cover
light creasing to cover
light spine stress lines to cover

On 2/23/2022 at 8:24 PM, gadzukes said:

One of my Submissions just hit "Grading/Quality Control".  That means it close right?

It had been at Grading/Encapsulation/imaging for months.

Possibly. I've had books recently hit G/QC for 1 day and then hit shipped the next, and I've also had books recently languish in G/QC for months. I don't get excited at this point until it says shipped. Everything else is pretty meaningless in terms of use as a barometer for completion progress.

On 2/24/2022 at 1:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They finally made that one clickable but I realized that they created a label for FedEx Ground instead of FedEx Economy so I called customer service who spoke with the shipping manager who will try to get it fixed.  I hope the new unclickable one won't get the same treatment and I will have to call again. 

image.thumb.png.8d37a17d1bc4f00667089abe99153480.png

On 2/25/2022 at 10:42 AM, irishcritic said:

5/17/21 Value tier still sitting scheduled for grading with no end in sight.......... It really is going to take a year to get back 9 books........... almost unbelievable.

Are they being pressed?