• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, skybolt said:

Wow, CCS pressing for slow modern is now at 281 business days, and they still haven't reached the late April / early May price change submission period. I may have to change my prediction from 300 to 400 business days.

who would even agree to submit books knowing they may be there for a year and a half or more ???

On 3/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, The Velcronomicon said:

??? When they say you don't get 3 graders you don't believe you don't get 3 graders?

No. The part about at least 2 graders per book. I don't buy it. Pre-Covid they did a convention with on-site grading. They gave an estimate of how many graders they had at the show and about how many books were graded that weekend and the math just did not work out. There is no way they could have done that kind of volume if 2 graders looked at every book. It was definitely suspect.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, djzombi said:

No movement on mine from September  :(  

9/28/21
ECONOMY
Scheduled for Grading

I am economy 8/12 (only 6 books, two order even as 3 are getting character labels meaning at the time of order I figured on selling those three at least! No other reasoning I can think of I would have gotten character labels.) so you may have a while as I am still SFG. People with similar dates have been bouncing around so it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

Edited by Bird

On 3/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Gaard said:

Inspected = ?

• The Collectible has been inspected by at least two (2) professionals

My thoughts exactly!  Inspected by at least (2) professionals could certainly mean that 1 person opened the box and 1 person graded the book.  Maybe even 1 person encapsulated the book.  Now we're already at 3.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:05 PM, skybolt said:

Wow, CCS pressing for slow modern is now at 281 business days, and they still haven't reached the late April / early May price change submission period. I may have to change my prediction from 300 to 400 business days.

I have an order in that one.  I wouldn't have sent it into CCS except I didn't have time to get it to a presser and to them. 

On 3/18/2022 at 5:05 PM, skybolt said:

On 3/18/2022 at 5:14 PM, Courageous Cat said:

who would even agree to submit books knowing they may be there for a year and a half or more ???

I'm in this boat. It was my first submission back in 5/2021. I was not aware of the forums at the time and assumed the stated TAT for CCS including grading. The TATs can be deceiving for new customers who are not up to speed on the all the lingo and insder knowledge. My books were moved to GEI on 3/9/2022, so hoping for movement soon.

On 3/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

My submission went into "shipped" status on the 17th but the book hasn't been picked up by USPS yet according to the tracking. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Might be getting a bit impatient here lol 

Sometimes it is picked up and entered into a system at a later point. I had that happen with my box that shipped out on the 17th and there were no updates until over a day later when it hit a connection point.