• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, rayne5446 said:

Shipped 3/20/2022 (yes, i realize that is tomorrow, but that's what it says)

They've been routinely shipping next day for a while. Can't remember last time I've had a same day shipped even when marked as such first thing in morning.

Too many orders on the loading dock waiting to go out. 

On 3/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, Jaywalker0 said:
On 3/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, rayne5446 said:

3/20/2022 (yes, i realize that is tomorrow, but that's what it says)

They've been routinely shipping next day for a while. Can't remember last time I've had a same day shipped even when marked as such first thing in morning.

Too many orders on the loading dock waiting to go out

I believe cgc shipments are being picked up mid day now, so if your submission gets done after pick up, its next day of course. That would be my guess, although tracking at the carrier never really starts till afternoon anyway lol

So idk

On 3/25/2022 at 6:50 PM, Barth said:

Finally received my Value submission from August and wasn't too pleased to see this, thankfully only 2 of 25 were damaged 

20220324_165951.jpg

20220324_170152.jpg

20220324_170223.jpg

Feeling elated then depressed after this mishap after a long miserable waiting time.  I hate the feeling.  

Edited by JollyComics

Slow Track Modern + CCS

4/1 - Mailed to CGC 

4/9 - Delivered to CGC facility 

5/13~ - Received by CGC

5/13/21~ - Received by CCS

11/24/21 - CCS in Process

(No longer showing on dashboard)

3/24/22 - SFG (back on dashboard)

3/29/22 - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped

In-house Signing + CCS (Bagley)

1/10 - Mailed to CGC 

1/12 - Delivered to CGC facility

1/24 - Received by CGC

1/24 - Received by CCS

N/A - SFG

N/A - GEI

N/A - G/QC

N/A - Shipped 

On 3/30/2022 at 9:50 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

I really don't get how registered mail gets routed to the wrong post office in a completely different state. This is annoying. lol 

Well as someone who has worked in logistics for years it is fairly common for a ton of packages, but you just see it more with registered mail cause of the scanning process every time the package is touched given the security. Basically say you live in Mississippi, and are expecting a shipment from Tampa. Well they look at the number of packages from that hub going to Miss, and there are only a few; however, there are a ton going from say Memphis. Instead of routing a driver from Florida to Miss. they route them to a "drop and hook" location in Memphis to pick up their packages going to Miss. Sometimes its hard to make sense of when it seems they go right by you with your box to a completely different place; however, when you are talking tons of bulk it makes more sense to centralize shipment from one location to another. Fuel consumption, weight, weather, etc etc go into the equation and usually its more cost effective to send everything to one location and drop and hook to another.

On 3/30/2022 at 12:28 PM, Ed Hanes said:

when did you submit these? curious because I just sent ten books in for FT economy

They were hand delivered around that date so they got entered right away. 

On 3/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, Fisionbomb said:

25 book slow boat prescreen modern "received" in CGC's system 12/07/21 (don't have record of delivered date) moved to G/E/I today 03/29/22.

Nice!

Interesting that Modern Prescreen subs seem to be moving faster recently than non-Prescreen subs. I have 50 moderns with the same Received/SFG date as yours that are still SFG. My experience from 2021 was that Prescreens usually added more time to your submission, but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

On 3/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, skybolt said:

That's good news for my two 12/6 received submissions.

Still at SFG on my 12/3 12 book modern slow. There's been 4 other people that have movement that should be after me. That's the one bad thing about this thread. It's like waving bye to everyone leaving on the train.:tumbleweed:

On 3/30/2022 at 4:34 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Still at SFG on my 12/3 12 book modern slow. There's been 4 other people that have movement that should be after me. That's the one bad thing about this thread. It's like waving bye to everyone leaving on the train.:tumbleweed:

Not to worry, I got about 7 others still sitting at SFG... :foryou:

On 3/30/2022 at 1:01 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Nice!

Interesting that Modern Prescreen subs seem to be moving faster recently than non-Prescreen subs. I have 50 moderns with the same Received/SFG date as yours that are still SFG. My experience from 2021 was that Prescreens usually added more time to your submission, but that does not seem to be the case anymore.

It's a bit of a crapshoot I think. My 11/11 prescreen books have been sitting at Grading/QC for almost a week now.