• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,040 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 2:18 PM, Crops068 said:

It will show received at CCS until pressing is completed.  Then it will swap to Received or Scheduled for Grading until it gets into the grading room and go to Grading / QC / Imaged.  Then it goes to Shipped.

Don't believe they have a 1st in 1st out process when it comes to signings, it is more "this has to get signed" and "this has to get remarqued" and "this has to get signed then pressed" and "this has to get remarqued and pressed" sort stacks. 

With the volume they are handling a package received 1st day may get done after a package received last day.  Just all chance.

Signing happened sometime around the week of the 9th (videos on TikTok show posted 4/9, which is a Saturday).  With 2 weeks-ish for pressing, you are looking at the earliest the flip to be likely sometime next week.  This is all guestimation though.

lol if only haha, the signing according to facebook puts today as 4 weeks from the signing (thumbsu

I just wasn't confident that "I ever got an answer yesterday", which is why I even bothered to call today. I assumed it would be an easy call to make!?! (shrug)

It was not, is all. :foryou: 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It was not, is all.

call again, you'll have better luck this time :whistle:

no need to bother mikey, just call them. Use a different voice, maybe talk lower and be more sassy.

Maybe you'll get a sadfan book back! You can only win by calling again.

On 4/22/2022 at 3:02 PM, Bird said:

call again, you'll have better luck this time :whistle:

no need to bother mikey, just call them. Use a different voice, maybe talk lower and be more sassy.

Maybe you'll get a sadfan book back! You can only win by calling again.

Ya I apologize for using the boards to vent, at least Mike gave a firm answer and the last word.

If I sounded confused, it should have been an easy call yesterday and today, I only know what cgc told me.

Hence the confusion, I guess I could have said boulderdash and called it a day. With the mislabel threads of my specific book to be signed, I don't think it was my bad to make a simple call for reassurance.

I didn't believe I got it yesterday was the reason for a call today.

All I know is they have my book and the signing "happened". Boulderdash I'm ok I guess (thumbsu

On 4/22/2022 at 7:26 AM, skybolt said:

- IMO, I  believe that most of the books that come back with creases after being pressed by a 3rd party are either due to minor creases or bends missed during pressing or as Joey mentioned in a previous post, the books were not allowed to take shape after pressing and before sending to CGC. In all honesty, perhaps this is the one benefit of having books sitting at CGC for such long periods. If the pressing job was bad, then at least the books would revert back to their original form BEFORE being slabbed. 

There's got to other explanations for pressed books coming back with minor creases. Three of the last batch of nine Wolverine Limited, all pressed by Joey so I know that they were done right, have notes with light creasing to cover plus light bends added to one of them. These weren't the most pristine books (bottom of my Wolverine barrel) but six came back in the mid to low 9's and the ones with notes were 8.5 and two 8.0. The only explanations I can come up with are that the creases could only be lessened with a press, but not removed or the books were mishandled by CGC. The bends are another story.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:37 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol 10/24 econ still sfg, last I heard boardies Sept was too :sorry:

Itll happen, I'm confident :)

I am 8/12

#ReleaseTheKraken
wait, that's not right

#ReleaseEconomyTier

Network12.jpg

Edited by Bird

I sent in four modern books on 15 October 2021 where three were of economy (at that time) value and one at the next tier up. I did get the higher tier book (Ultimate Fallout #4) back on 9 December 2021 but the other three books are still in limbo. Sigh. I was not aware of the importance of paying extra for expedited grading when I had submitted my books. I had been waiting to get these three books back before submitting some more but, with it being 6.5 months later already, I will likely send in my next batch of books and hope that expedited grading will be a game changer. What is the longest it's taken to get books returned?

On 4/22/2022 at 7:38 PM, Schelfsj said:

I sent in four modern books on 15 October 2021 where three were of economy (at that time) value and one at the next tier up. I did get the higher tier book (Ultimate Fallout #4) back on 9 December 2021 but the other three books are still in limbo. Sigh. I was not aware of the importance of paying extra for expedited grading when I had submitted my books. I had been waiting to get these three books back before submitting some more but, with it being 6.5 months later already, I will likely send in my next batch of books and hope that expedited grading will be a game changer. What is the longest it's taken to get books returned?

Not sure what you mean by "three were of economy (at that time) value" as max value for both Modern and Economy is $400.  The question comes down to whether you submitted them under the Modern tier or the Economy tier.  If the former then I would think that you should be getting your books back pretty soon.  If the latter, well sorry to say but you're likely in for a long wait.  As other are posting Economy tier books send in during August 2021 are still not back.  And yeah, looks like you found out a little to late that the only way to get your Modern/Economy books back in a somewhat timely manner is to pay the extra $15 per book for Fast Track.

One person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and
They won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
They may think they're both  and they won't take either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
Singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an
Organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
Fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and
Walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

#ReleaseEconomyTier

Imagine a world where cgc has a little side bar on one of the web pages like a little crawling stock ticker...packages sent out, what tier they are and what the received dates were: a real look at TAT. No personal info, just a line entry for each package shipped to give customers a sense of where cgc is at instead of begging other customers to share info.

unicorns enter the information into the Tardis database where it is transmitted to our phones via 9G technology. See, all those things are fantasy too!

Edited by Bird

On 4/23/2022 at 10:07 AM, Bird said:

Imagine a world where cgc has a little side bar on one of the web pages like a little crawling stock ticker...packages sent out, what tier they are and what the received dates were: a real look at TAT. No personal info, just a line entry for each package shipped to give customers a sense of where cgc is at instead of begging other customers to share info.

unicorns enter the information into the Tardis database where it is transmitted to our phones via 9G technology. See, all those things are fantasy too!

Could the unicorns also pull submissions older than 8 months into the realm of the 8-and-under submissions?  Can the unicorns press and grade?!!

On 4/23/2022 at 10:07 AM, Bird said:

Common sense is dead in today's world. (shrug)