• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2022 at 7:22 PM, joeypost said:

So…what date are people getting economy books back from?

On 4/28/2022 at 12:55 PM, universal soldier said:

I have a 4 book submission received 7/12/21 and SFG on 9/2/21. Last check about 3 weeks ago it was still SFG but will reach out to my LCS for an update. Currently at 198 business days... 

Still SFG :cry:

On 4/28/2022 at 3:49 PM, universal soldier said:

Still SFG :cry:

any and all emoji reactions apply here (thanks for the info)

On 4/28/2022 at 3:10 PM, O Doyle Rules said:

I just submitted 10 books standard and 12 books economy. I wish I had seen this thread first and I might have thought otherwise. I did pay for Fast Track. Does it matter? 

by the time you get your economy back you will no longer recall what books were in the standard submission, they will be distant memories

#ReleaseEconomyTier

(I also sent a few more in about 2 months ago to joey, 2 standard and 7 economy. woop de freakin woo woo)

now watch me get my account "deleted" just as I am about to submit the winning grades for the PGM contest! (thanks to cgc for putting up with the criticism when they could easily shut it out, now #OhForgetIt)

On 4/28/2022 at 1:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think it's only certain departments.

They started that at least a year ago and they made an announcement, but then we never hear about it, except the couple of times it still happens to a boardie etc.

So presumably, and I don't think that it's the receiving team, as I don't believe I've had books checked in over the weekend. Books already there and marked received, yes.

Also it appears they've had some of the in house signings on the weekend, according to Facebook.

Now pressing, that's a whole different ball game that I'd be curious if it happens lol

Then maybe they would go to received, only way to know, on the weekend.

On 4/28/2022 at 1:45 PM, Bird said:

nope

I have 8/12 economy, cgc only no ccs

#ReleaseEconomyTier

On 4/28/2022 at 1:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

all of my economies are also no press, my October and after (thumbsu 

On 4/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, Bird said:

I had joey handle mine, meaning they really left my house last April. I tell others to set and forget, just put them out of your mind. I do that too but this economy is annoyingly neglected at this point, TAT listed today notwithstanding. They are just waiting another month or two and then will be about the stated TATs, will unlock the room where they are held captive and #ReleaseEconomyTier in a flood. Then lock the room for 2 more months and repeat.

Since your guys books never went to CCS, there should be no excuse that these are taking so darn long to be graded.

They probably do need to go to a 7 days a week work week LOL!

1 George Perez Signature Series w/ Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

2/22: Received at CCS

4/13: G/QC/Do Not Encapsulate

4/19: Shipped

4/26: Delivered 

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

3/3: Received at CCS

4/27: GEI

4/28: G/QC

1 Chris Claremont Signature Series w/Pressing

3/17: Delivered to CGC

4/12: Received at CCS

Recent completed returns - no Economy unfortunately. 
Claremont Signing shipped today. Dates are irrelevant, but here's how they tracked. (No addl services) 

SFG: 3/31
G/E/I: 4/23
QC: 4/28

12x Modern (no addl services)

Delivered: 1/14
Rcvd: 1/17
SFG: 1/17
G/E/I: 4/25
QC: 4/26
Shipped: 4/27
Charged: 2/16

On 4/28/2022 at 6:53 AM, Nibirus said:

My Modern Submission received 1/27 just hit grading 4/27, so good to see it is moving, now lets hope it grades well.

In quality control the next day/today. So hopefully ships soon. Then they will be sent back to Australia. On here or YouTube they say they grade harder to get us to send in again. If mine are graded too hard it is not worth me sending in any again ever. So hopefully I get some at 9.8

Good to see movement on the Claremont signings. I have 8 submitted but also CCS so will still be a bit. Looking at my list of submissions, realized I had one outstanding for pressing and "Value" grading that I shipped exactly one year ago yesterday. Still at CCS. 

On 4/28/2022 at 6:53 PM, BDubs said:

image.thumb.png.7a4f297f0e2e84c20bfe97d6cc20ac01.png

New to this so newb question.  If they are opening boxes in April how come none of mine from February have been opened????

Looks as though they are opened and received  (thumbsu on 2/8/22

They're not back from pressing at ccs, which is why it doesn't say cgc.

On 4/28/2022 at 2:56 PM, captainzombie said:

Since your guys books never went to CCS, there should be no excuse that these are taking so darn long to be graded.

They probably do need to go to a 7 days a week work week LOL!

AND.....Three shifts in 24 hours. 8 hours per shift.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:04 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

And QC

^^

I'm curious if non fast track modern is about half the estimated tat as well....

Just cause that fast track Is about half the stated.

I'm hoping but being  facetious. Still that's moving. :whee:

On 4/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Looks as though they are opened and received  (thumbsu on 2/8/22

They're not back from pressing at ccs, which is why it doesn't say cgc.

Gotcha, so the pressing is additional time for the process.  Makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:08 PM, JollyComics said:

AND.....Three shifts in 24 hours. 8 hours per shift.

Something has to give with this backlog.

My 20 book order shipped yesterday. I am waiting on my walkthrough which is at Grading/QC, so hoping that does ship out today.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:43 AM, captainzombie said:

Something has to give with this backlog.

My 20 book order shipped yesterday. I am waiting on my walkthrough which is at Grading/QC, so hoping that does ship out today.

I can imagine that expensive tier for sure.