• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2022 at 11:50 PM, wiparker824 said:

My books which were modern CCS slow track arrived 7/16, or exactly 288 days ago or just a day past 41 weeks. Still in received status. 

The average human gestation period is 280 days or 40 weeks.

Shoutout to all the women in the world that were able to fully grow and produce life in the time it’s taken CCS and CGC to press and grade my books. That is all. Carry on.

Happy soon to be Daddy day!

On 5/2/2022 at 9:44 AM, gadzukes said:

Unless my math is wrong, I believe that's 185 working days and 265 days overall.

#ReleaseEconomyTier

TATs are now listed as 194 days for Economy, so unless they raise the TATs again you and I should be in the next 10 days or so.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:49 AM, gadzukes said:

An eternity

yeah, I sent my books to joey in April! Only 6 econ and he got the moderns out quickly for the deadline but the econs took more time (which is fine, not complaining) so books are out of hand for just over 1 year now for me. FF49, 67, X-Men 12, 94, Av8 & Forever People 1 - still some spec legs left in them yet I hope!

A couple of quick updates:

I had my credit card charged for five 6/25 CCS received submissions.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I e-mailed CGC about the status of my 4/11 CCS received submission. At that time I was told that only a couple of books were left to be pressed. I contacted them again on Friday and was told to wait an additional 2 weeks. At this point I get the sense that there are no real updates and will just have to wait for CCS to locate this submission. It's interesting that the other 3 CCS submissions that were mailed with this one back in March 2021 were graded and shipped 2 months ago.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:01 AM, skybolt said:

A couple of quick updates:

I had my credit card charged for five 6/25 CCS received submissions.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I e-mailed CGC about the status of my 4/11 CCS received submission. At that time I was told that only a couple of books were left to be pressed. I contacted them again on Friday and was told to wait an additional 2 weeks. At this point I get the sense that there are no real updates and will just have to wait for CCS to locate this submission. It's interesting that the other 3 CCS submissions that were mailed with this one back in March 2021 were graded and shipped 2 months ago.

Honestly at this point, my suggestion is if you don't have someone local (or if they are also backlogged) I would spend the money on a press and tools needed to start learning how to press and clean. I bought my first press a few months ago and then added a second one a month ago, and I am planning to add a third one here soon. I am nowhere near a professional at this, but I will say I have brought several books back to life where they got 9.6 and 9.8 grades. I was very scared at first, but with time, practice, and patience (which I have neither, LOL!) you will not believe the wonders you can do to a book. Forget waiting on CCS with all of the issues people are reporting and then even many of the local guys are so backed up its on even funny.

Edited by captainzombie

On 5/2/2022 at 10:04 AM, gregwynn said:

Economy Fast Track

RCVD 3/24/22

G/E/I 4/27/22

G/QC 4/29/22

Shipped 5/2/22

Somewhere around 30 Business days....Disclaimer these were sent in with an express book

This is good news for me, I have a group that hit QC on the same day so hopefully they will ship out today.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:26 AM, captainzombie said:

Honestly at this point, my suggestion is if you don't have someone local (or if they are also backlogged) I would spend the money on a press and tools needed to start learning how to press and clean. I bought my first press a few months ago and then added a second one a month ago, and I am planning to add a third one here soon. I am nowhere near a professional at this, but I will say I have brought several books back to life where they got 9.6 and 9.8 grades. I was very scared at first, but with time, practice, and patience (which I have neither, LOL!) you will not believe the wonders you can do to a book. Forget waiting on CCS with all of the issues people are reporting and then even many of the local guys are so backed up its on even funny.

I completely agree with your post, but unfortunately, I just don't have the desire or patience to press my own books. With that being said, I did transition to Joey after the five 6/25 received submissions. It's still a long wait time, but at least I have a pretty good idea when the books will be pressed. With CCS, for all I know, this submission has been miss placed and won't see the light of day for another few months.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:06 PM, Stefan_W said:

This group just went to QC, so:

SFG 31 Jan 2022

GEI 27 Apr 2022

QC 29 Apr 2022. 

Shipped 2 May 2022.

Some great results mixed with puzzling ones in this group. I will have to look at the books again once they get here. 

On 5/2/2022 at 9:39 AM, skybolt said:

I completely agree with your post, but unfortunately, I just don't have the desire or patience to press my own books. With that being said, I did transition to Joey after the five 6/25 received submissions. It's still a long wait time, but at least I have a pretty good idea when the books will be pressed. With CCS, for all I know, this submission has been miss placed and won't see the light of day for another few months.

I totally understand. Pressing and cleaning books is not easy and no fun task, let me tell you that.

I ran into some frustrations with an Ultimate Comics Spidey #1 over the weekend. It has 2 small spine tics in the front, very small that I managed to get somewhat out and then a very light crease in the back. I had to work several hours on the book to get it where I felt comfortable to send in with my order this morning. I keep hearing about Joey on the boards and the fantastic job that he does.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:47 AM, Stefan_W said:

Shipped 2 May 2022.

Some great results mixed with puzzling ones in this group. I will have to look at the books again once they get here. 

Welcome to my world with my order order before this last one. You may have had the same grader I did at the time. LOL!

Some of the books I am tempted to crack and repress/clean again, then send them in again because there wasn't anything wrong with them.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:44 AM, gadzukes said:

My 8/11 Economies are still at SFG status :frustrated:

Unless my math is wrong, I believe that's 185 working days and 265 days overall.

They received them to their warehouse around 5/25 last year.... so almost a year total.

I thought the clocked started ticking on date received? I'm assuming 8/11 was the date it went SFG? If so you are at 231 business days.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:38 AM, universal soldier said:

I thought the clocked started ticking on date received? I'm assuming 8/11 was the date it went SFG? If so you are at 231 business days.

Yup, the clock starts when the box is opened and it hits SFG.

On 5/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, Stefan_W said:
On 5/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, universal soldier said:

Yup, the clock starts when the box is opened and it hits SFG.

in other words @universal soldier they meant the package was "received in shipping" earlier, but wasn't marked received until later, where is was sfg.

I can see how that was confusing, "received was later just happened to be sfg", but package was "delivered earlier" (thumbsu

I'm assuming

On 5/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

in other words @universal soldier they meant the package was "received in shipping" earlier, but wasn't marked received until later, where is was sfg.

I can see how that was confusing, "received was later just happened to be sfg", but package was "delivered earlier" (thumbsu

I'm assuming

Yes very confusing! To confirm though the clock starts ticking at date of delivery correct? I've seen multiple posts stating this but now I'm :ohnoez:

On 5/2/2022 at 11:38 AM, universal soldier said:

Yes very confusing! To confirm though the clock starts ticking at date of delivery correct? I've seen multiple posts stating this but now I'm :ohnoez:

lol Yes that is the announcement CGC made last year, I'm not too sure how true it is anymore, if I'm honest.

But you're not crazy, it happened, it just was never honored in a way that we can keep tabs of that anymore, unfortunately :( 

On 5/2/2022 at 12:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

you're not crazy

That's debatable :insane:

Thank you for clarifying!

On 5/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm assuming

Yes.  Frustrating, cuz the TAT data goes out the window when you realize your comic is just sitting in their warehouse "received, but unopened"