• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2022 at 10:38 AM, captainzombie said:
On 5/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, Stefan_W said:

It has been a week now and the ME books are still in SFG. Does anyone know how long ME books usually take once they hit this stage? It is my first time with this process. 

Does ME = Modern Express? I think if it is, they have had a 8-10 business days from what I can recall.

it means "mechanical error"

As in if it was a reholder that had defects that CGC is reholdering for free :cheers: 

On 5/4/2022 at 1:14 PM, gadzukes said:

Anyone know where they're at on Economy status from 2021?

Have any July Economy's shipped out?

My Aug Economies received 8/11 are still SFG status

@CGC Mike @Bird we've asked this question going on 2 months now, with no updates from the "real world."

I'd "call cgc" but I will put the question to cgc mike first this time, and wait for a response :cheers: 

Who else is going to lose their premium or elite $150 credit?  It just kind of sucks... cause I tried to use it.  I sent my order in at the same time I renewed my membership thinking, surely this order will be processed within a full calendar year.  What will happen if I don't renew?  If my membership expires before my order is processed, will they still honor it, or will I need to re-up again just to get the one order of books back?

Should I overnight some fast tracks just to use my credit?  Can I fast track a reholder?

On 5/4/2022 at 8:18 PM, Droid81 said:

Who else is going to lose their premium or elite $150 credit?  It just kind of sucks... cause I tried to use it.  I sent my order in at the same time I renewed my membership thinking, surely this order will be processed within a full calendar year.  What will happen if I don't renew?  If my membership expires before my order is processed, will they still honor it, or will I need to re-up again just to get the one order of books back?

Should I overnight some fast tracks just to use my credit?  Can I fast track a reholder?

You will not lose your $150 credit as long as you submitted books during the period your membership was in effect.  I asked CGC the same question, and they indicated it is based on the submission date, not when your membership expires.  So, you might not get books back for another 6 months or longer, but as long as the packing slip was created during your membership period -- and you haven't used the $150 credit yet -- they will apply it to grading fees (but not re-holder, CCS, or shipping fees).

You can also check your packing slips for the price you will pay for the submissions (not what the current rates are).  That is available under the Submission Tracking page - "View my packing slips" link.  

@CGC Mike Can we get some comment on economy tier please? The FT turnaround time is 1/6 that of regular submissions, isn't it supposed to be about 1/2 the wait time for FT? Why are regular economy tier books being ignored and FT times getting shorter and shorter? This is starting to feel like bait and switch, regardless of how much TATs are supposed to be "estimated".

• Administrator
On 5/5/2022 at 9:06 AM, Bird said:

@CGC Mike Can we get some comment on economy tier please? The FT turnaround time is 1/6 that of regular submissions, isn't it supposed to be about 1/2 the wait time for FT? Why are regular economy tier books being ignored and FT times getting shorter and shorter? This is starting to feel like bait and switch, regardless of how much TATs are supposed to be "estimated".

I will try to find out.  

• Administrator
On 5/5/2022 at 9:06 AM, Bird said:

I was told we’re actually just shifting resources right now to tackle EC. You should be seeing some movement on that tier over the coming weeks.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

I was told we’re actually just shifting resources right now to tackle EC. You should be seeing some movement on that tier over the coming weeks.

thanks.

I don't complain if it is within TATs but this discrepancy between FT and regular is a bit much

Edited by Bird
so, you mean they are unlocking the room where they have been held hostage, right? ;-)

On 5/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, Bird said:

thanks.

I don't complain if it is within TATs but this discrepancy between FT and regular is a bit much

Economy TAT is 203 days as of today. 203 weekdays ago was July 26, 2021, so in theory CGC should be shipping Econs received mid-Julyish (assuming some of those weekdays were Holidays e.g. X-mas).

Regular Modern TAT is 94 days, 94 working weekdays ago was ~mid-December. There have been several posts in the last few days of folks (and not just greggy!) getting their regular Moderns from mid/late January shipped so it looks like they're ahead of posted TATs for Moderns.

#ReleaseEconomyTier

p.s. Thanks for the update Mike. (thumbsu

Edited by drbanner

On 5/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you, Mike, I was also going to make the same request. It appears they are task switching, which may bring with it other issues, especially if they got used to grading modern comics and are now grading much older books. 

On 5/5/2022 at 9:54 AM, joeypost said:

Thank you, Mike, I was also going to make the same request. It appears they are task switching, which may bring with it other issues, especially if they got used to grading modern comics and are now grading much older books. 

I myself was going to add "Oh no not the new guy!"

On 5/5/2022 at 8:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

giphy-1.gif.a32d0bd92684043634dfb2925a71be85.gif.fe84392762c9bd73675b8c9db32f4148.gif

Also Thank you Mike for continuing to do all of this work.:golfclap:

I know with everything going on you have had more than your plate full. It is greatly appreciated ! :foryou:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite