• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2022 at 3:17 PM, zoso99 said:

I have 1/18's that haven't moved yet. I must have looked at them 100 times this week.

Are they still at ccs?

On 5/6/2022 at 1:24 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are they still at ccs?

No, they are in scheduled for grading. I had three boxes move to shipping last week with 1/18 date and I still have modern boxes in that date. I press my own books. I sell comics full time so pressing is a big part of that. I started pressing in 2020 and I'm glad I did, because books are at CGC (and ccs) so long now that I believe people who quick press are getting revisions which could lead to lower grades. I am pressing books longer and getting 90-day turn arounds. The overall grades I have been getting are great, but I am really picky about what I send in in terms of condition. 

On 5/6/2022 at 2:02 PM, zoso99 said:

No, they are in scheduled for grading. I had three boxes move to shipping last week with 1/18 date and I still have modern boxes in that date. I press my own books. I sell comics full time so pressing is a big part of that. I started pressing in 2020 and I'm glad I did, because books are at CGC (and ccs) so long now that I believe people who quick press are getting revisions which could lead to lower grades. I am pressing books longer and getting 90-day turn arounds. The overall grades I have been getting are great, but I am really picky about what I send in in terms of condition. 

Plus I can't wait 9 months for my books.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:13 PM, Bird said:

I appreciate the positivity, I do, but it is no real change. How long does it take them to do a week of economy? Saying we are at date x is meaningless if we don't know where they were previously. I am cynical at this point. if they haven't done any in a month or 5, how many will they do before they stop again? After 1 day's worth, 1 month?

#Don'tPDownMyBackCGC&TellMeItsRaining

I believe your books were received on 8/12.  They are currently working on books that were received on the week of August 2nd. Your books may be processed within two weeks (August 9th). I hope mine will be done within 3 or 4 more weeks for me (August 16th) - better than waiting until last week of June.

Gotta be a corner of the vault that they either forgot about or can't reach. One Modern Rcvd 1/13/22 still stuck in SfG while the other two of the same vintage shipped two weeks ago. What the what!!

Edited by jokiing

On 5/6/2022 at 8:05 PM, JollyComics said:

I believe your books were received on 8/12.  They are currently working on books that were received on the week of August 2nd. Your books may be processed within two weeks (August 9th). I hope mine will be done within 3 or 4 more weeks for me (August 16th) - better than waiting until last week of June.

why do you assume 1 weeks of submissions are processed in one weeks' time? I do not assume this, I assume much less at this point.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:16 PM, JollyComics said:

Let's see in few weeks.

yes, that is my attitude. Don't go expecting ANYTHING at this point. What were they going to say, no we won't be doing economy for another few months? It isn't like they were unaware before we complained, they know and do not care.

I think 2 weeks ago Adamatium had quoted me and had said that they do have people at CGC working on the weekends. There was a lot of people that refuted those comments. I think he is correct, because this afternoon my one walkthrough went to G/E/I. This is a first too because usually my M/FT goes to G/E/I first and then the walkthrough trails by several days. Not sure if something has changed over there again or if they are trying something different.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:26 PM, captainzombie said:

I think 2 weeks ago Adamatium had quoted me and had said that they do have people at CGC working on the weekends. There was a lot of people that refuted those comments. I think he is correct, because this afternoon my one walkthrough went to G/E/I. This is a first too because usually my M/FT goes to G/E/I first and then the walkthrough trails by several days. Not sure if something has changed over there again or if they are trying something different.

I don't remember anyone refuting it lol who? who are they? Bring them to me! lol 

:jokealert:

Honestly I DON'T remember it being refuted, it is a pretty established fact though, but if they did? Did I rebuttle? lol cause I would have sworn by it.... :shy: 

On 5/7/2022 at 8:31 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't remember anyone refuting it lol who? who are they? Bring them to me! lol 

:jokealert:

Honestly I DON'T remember it being refuted, it is a pretty established fact though, but if they did? Did I rebuttle? lol cause I would have sworn by it.... :shy: 

LOL! I think there were some that thought they weren't working on the weekends and a few others who said that they were. It seems like they probably are which is a plus then to get through these books.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:34 PM, captainzombie said:

LOL! I think there were some that thought they weren't working on the weekends and a few others who said that they were. It seems like they probably are which is a plus then to get through these books.

OH ya! Cause I remember saying, I wasn't sure "what departments" etc (thumbsu

I'm not sure if it is a "full staff", and those who do work, I do believe it is only Saturday and not Sunday :shy: 

IF ONLY they'd devote at least Saturdays to Economy.

Getting through what 10 mil of comics and cards is what the advertised on social recently.

I'm just waiting, but it hasn't inconvenienced "me" too much yet I'm sure it has others :( 

#releaseEconomyTier

:wishluck: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

IF ONLY they'd devote at least Saturdays to Economy.

Getting through what 10 mil of comics and cards is what the advertised on social recently.

I'm just waiting, but it hasn't inconvenienced "me" too much yet I'm sure it has others :( 

#releaseEconomyTier

:wishluck: 

On 5/7/2022 at 8:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

OH ya! Cause I remember saying, I wasn't sure "what departments" etc (thumbsu

I'm not sure if it is a "full staff", and those who do work, I do believe it is only Saturday and not Sunday :shy: 

Agreed. They should probably devote Saturday and Sundays to the backlog, it would probably help them get through this mess that they have gotten themselves into.

On 5/7/2022 at 8:56 PM, Still Only 20¢ said:

If they stopped having artist signings until they clear the backlog, maybe that would help TATs.

They "claim" there aren't that many books involved. Having seen those piles in social pics, it confuses me on the sheer volume they deal with.

Newman ~ the mail just keeps coming in :ohnoez:

I sign all of my comic books on the front and back covers in green colored Sharpie. To make it interesting, I stand on line, talk to myself for 5 minutes, and then kindly and respectfully ask for my signature. My request is always accepted. :wink:

Edit: In order to stay on topic, my Modern slow track submission of 35 comic books, received on 3/8/22 (arrived at CGC on February 12, 2022-CGC noted arrival as February 14) has been Scheduled for Grading since 3/8/22. I'm hopeful that the comic books will be returned to me in June 2022.

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
Stay on topic.

On 5/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, zoso99 said:

This is a really interesting point.  I've always wondered about exactly what CCS does for a "quick press".  If they are not using moisture, which I kinda doubt they are, then there is a very high chance that there will be reversions after the pressing processes.  Yes, for the book to revert to it's prior state this will take time, but with such long TATs it is certainly likely.  I've also been pressing books for a few years now and really a quick press will only work for a certain percentage of books.  Many defects will require some degree of moisture to press out, and also require time, meaning that you will likely need to repeat the moisture->pressing loop several times to achieve the desired result.