• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2022 at 1:32 PM, captainzombie said:

Oh WOW! That is quite the amount of books and to not even get 1 9.9 is a disservice. I'd love to see a 9.9 or 10 up close to see what warranted it the "PERFECT" book.

One issue I've noticed with selling on EBay these days, is that buyers are starting to buy into the harsher CGC grading. I've gotten a couple of neutral feedbacks in the past few months where the buyer thought a 9.8 copy should not have a non-color breaking tick mark along the spine or a slightly rounded corner. 

1 Brian Michael Bendis/Mark Bagley Signature Series w/Pressing

1/28: Delivered to CGC

3/3: Received at CCS

4/27: GEI

4/28: G/QC

5/2: Shipped

5/7: Delivered

1 Chris Claremont Signature Series w/Pressing

3/17: Delivered to CGC

4/12: Received at CCS

5/18: SFG

6/3: GEI

6/6: G/QC

6/7: Shipped

6/14: Delivered

Claremont signature book was resubmitted.  Original grade and notes were 8.0

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover
light soiling on cover
light spine stress lines to cover

Coming back to me with the exact same grade and notes.  That can't be right.  Those notes indicate pressable and cleanable defects, don't they?

Pretty much the same for the Bendis/Bagley SS, I feel like they took my money and didn't do anything to the books except get them signed and re-slabbed.

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

On 6/15/2022 at 10:25 AM, skybolt said:

Since this was a run of the mill low cost book, I would just list it on Ebay as a 6.0 and take the hit. Someone will get a nice looking 6.0 copy.

Crack that person_without_enough_empathy out and see why it's a 6.0.

Then send it back through the puppy mill.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, Petroman said:

That's ridiculous.  The grade speaks for itself otherwise why the heck are we all wasting so much time and money grading books?  You didn't come up with the grade, CGC did.  If their standards have changed its certainly not your fault. 

Honestly, I'd rather they just ask for a refund instead of giving a neutral or negative feedback.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:24 PM, skybolt said:

Honestly, I'd rather they just ask for a refund instead of giving a neutral or negative feedback.

Agreed, and really in the case of something with a third party certified grade, Ebay should remove neutral/negative feedback that has to do with the questioning the accuracy of the grade.  It might be worth asking if they would do this (although I must admit I have never had much luck dealing with their support people).

On 6/15/2022 at 2:09 PM, skybolt said:

One issue I've noticed with selling on EBay these days, is that buyers are starting to buy into the harsher CGC grading. I've gotten a couple of neutral feedbacks in the past few months where the buyer thought a 9.8 copy should not have a non-color breaking tick mark along the spine or a slightly rounded corner. 

On 6/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, Petroman said:

That's ridiculous.  The grade speaks for itself otherwise why the heck are we all wasting so much time and money grading books?  You didn't come up with the grade, CGC did.  If their standards have changed its certainly not your fault. 

On 6/15/2022 at 7:00 PM, Petroman said:

Agreed, and really in the case of something with a third party certified grade, Ebay should remove neutral/negative feedback that has to do with the questioning the accuracy of the grade.  It might be worth asking if they would do this (although I must admit I have never had much luck dealing with their support people).

Sky, I would contact eBay to get those neutral/negative feedbacks removed. Not sure what size your account is, since these are professionally graded and encapsulated what the book looks like inside the case should not matter and should be based on the grade. If you say the book is a 9.8 in your listing, its a 9.8.

I do get tired of the clowns on ebay, we've been selling on there for 19 years. We have a pretty sizable account since we sell used auto parts and people man are a real piece of work. I could write a few books on my experience with some of the customers and even worse their customer service over there.

Edited by captainzombie

On 6/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, Petroman said:

It's probably not worth wasting your time trying to contact them as they will likely just give you canned responses.  Them telling you that your "submissions is in line" is probably correct, albeit somewhat misleading.  From scouring this forum it seems that there is no "one line" per tier where things get graded on a first in, first out basis.  Honestly, I don't think anyone but people at CGC know how books progress through the grading cycle.  I've got a MFT submission that was delivered on 5/9 that has been SFG ever since.  But I've seen others post that their MFT books received as recent as 5/27 have already been shipped back.  Trying to rationalize it, or worrying too much about it will only aggravate you further.  Just keep checking periodically and one magical day it will move to G/E/I and beyond.

And my magical day is today...

image.thumb.png.20f48f385a38b0139a5e1b6e24ac5c62.png

On 6/15/2022 at 7:50 PM, captainzombie said:

Sky, I would contact eBay to get those neutral/negative feedbacks removed. Not sure what size your account is, since these are professionally graded and encapsulated what the book looks like inside the case should not matter and should be based on the grade. If you say the book is a 9.8 in your listing, its a 9.8.

I do get tired of the clowns on ebay, we've been selling on there for 19 years. We have a pretty sizable account since we sell used auto parts and people man are a real piece of work. I could write a few books on my experience with some of the customers and even worse their customer service over there.

The Ebay buyers that annoy me the most are the ones that chide me for listing a 9.8 graded copy for $100, since they can get a raw high grade copy from their LCS for $2. I just ignore their response.

Edited by skybolt

On 6/16/2022 at 4:50 PM, JollyComics said:

To anyone who uses Economy ST.

Your books were received on the week of August 6th, 2021.    Did they grade and ship your books?   Mine is received on August 21st and is still SFG.

8/18 SFG ... 205 bd

On 6/16/2022 at 1:50 PM, JollyComics said:

To anyone who uses Economy ST.

Your books were received on the week of August 6th, 2021.    Did they grade and ship your books?   Mine is received on August 21st and is still SFG.

apparently, they are exactly a year behind on Economy ST

On 6/16/2022 at 3:07 PM, JollyComics said:

Mine is 210 business days excluded legal holidays (294 regular days included the holidays) since August 21st.

I saw a post where someone from last June had their submission shipped..so I imagine yours would be shipped in mid august. I have two submission from last Sept ..I am not expecting them back this summer

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 6/17/2022 at 8:07 AM, JollyComics said:

Mine is 210 business days excluded legal holidays (294 regular days included the holidays) since August 21st.

Mine is also about 210 days since August 18 2021 and still in SFG

On 6/14/2022 at 9:55 AM, Iconic1s said:

Hello, anyone seen a delay with shipping from CGC?

Had a submission at CCS/CGC for 364 calendar days… got grades and shipping label created last Friday, 10 June… still not in USPS system Tues morning, 14 June.

Thanks for any info!

Add inability to get items shipped in a timely manner to turnaround times!  Grades posted 10 June 2022… books were received CCS 11 June 2021.  When grades posted on the 10th it showed a future ship date of Monday 13 June… figured no big deal, they’ll start moving on the 13th. Here we are Friday morning the 17th and box is barely accepted by USPS, which I think just means it’s still at CGC warehouse but has been scanned a couple times. This minor ‘progress’ was only after bringing @CGC Mike(who seems to be the only one that cares) into the issue.  Tried Customer Service where I got the standard (shrug)

So let down with this company…  it’s one thing to tolerate a year+ turnaround but another when they can’t even get items shipped to you timely.  Great idea to eliminate UPS and FEDEX and make USPS your single point of failure!

30488CD8-EBBC-451B-9594-1E06277F0F1A.jpeg.6ded227a06c930656dac5814fdf7718b.jpeg