• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,088 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2022 at 6:15 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

I have noticed on my recently received submissions there have been no graders notes on anything graded 9.2 or higher. I guess 9.0 is their cutoff for providing notes? (shrug)

I'm thinking 5.5 might be the cutoff for grader's notes.

Capture.thumb.JPG.1df8fa9400ab0b512988de72801789fb.JPG

On 7/14/2022 at 8:25 PM, Ed Hanes said:

Hmm, grader notes on only one book...any theories?

On 7/15/2022 at 5:15 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

I have noticed on my recently received submissions there have been no graders notes on anything graded 9.2 or higher. I guess 9.0 is their cutoff for providing notes? (shrug)

On 7/15/2022 at 11:21 AM, LikeEmScanned said:

I'm thinking 5.5 might be the cutoff for grader's notes.

It is all which grader you draw.

I have had several submissions with no graders notes, then some like this submission. 

20220715_115029.thumb.jpg.62b8b0aaa859e61d31e38335442ef1ca.jpg20220715_115046.thumb.jpg.815c77a47899c12df46508a9a8336d06.jpg

On 7/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, ak47po said:
On 7/15/2022 at 8:03 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I wasn't sure, or it at least had never happened that I was aware of, so I didn't know if they eventually come back? but surely, I mean right?

I have had the links not work for refresh though, and when I'd refresh it would show info unavailable. It wasn't until I copy and pasted the tracking number after getting the link to work that refresh would be reliable, had to copy and paste the tracking number to get to the page (shrug) 

All but one of my past submissions is clickable now. Thanks @CGC Mike

Edited 1 hour ago by ak47po

all of mine that were, are now as well, thanks for the heads up :) 

Standard submission

Received 19/05

Shipped 15/07

image.thumb.png.2dd03e025259810d1b7fdb7287d6ae5c.png

I am very happy with the grades. I pesonally pressed Bloodstone 1 , i didn´t achieved 9.8 because of some spine color breaks and i pressed the Veronica 28 and i am proud of it because it had a nasty identation that didn´t wanted to go with the press so i used a local pressing technique with a little steam iron to fix it and it worked fine

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 7/15/2022 at 5:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

is it just me, or?

Did all the "shipped links" on the submission page stop being clickable?

The word shipped is no longer red and you click it and it does nothing ???

Thank God I've already got a tab open for tracking but still :shy: @CGC Mike

All my "Mechanical Error" books have always had non-clickable "Shipping". Rest of mine are red.

On 7/15/2022 at 2:29 PM, jokiing said:

All my "Mechanical Error" books have always had non-clickable "Shipping". Rest of mine are red.

It's fixed now so I can't show you, but I DID mean all subs not just mechanical error :cheers:

On 7/15/2022 at 3:15 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

believe it or not i've actually gotten grader notes a 9.6 this year. :whatthe: guess it just depends on the grader.

Edited by qlow

On 7/15/2022 at 12:54 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

It is all which grader you draw.

I have had several submissions with no graders notes, then some like this submission. 

20220715_115029.thumb.jpg.62b8b0aaa859e61d31e38335442ef1ca.jpg20220715_115046.thumb.jpg.815c77a47899c12df46508a9a8336d06.jpg

Bats #442 has a double cover, but the 1st cover was married onto the book?  Why the heck did somebody do that?  Weird.  

On 7/15/2022 at 6:18 PM, djzombi said:

Bats #442 has a double cover, but the 1st cover was married onto the book?  Why the heck did somebody do that?  Weird.  

Only thing I can think of was to pass it off. Unfortunately I was the one who ended up with it and didn't check it as well as I should have . (Rushed to get it to the George Perez signing. ) at least I didn't pay much for it. Spent more on the grading :facepalm:

On 7/15/2022 at 6:21 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Only thing I can think of was to pass it off. Unfortunately I was the one who ended up with it and didn't check it as well as I should have . (Rushed to get it to the George Perez signing. ) at least I didn't pay much for it. Spent more on the grading :facepalm:

I've seen a few purple labels like that unfortunately, and I dont remember but were these some of the ones sent back for correction?  I now have mechanical errors there again, I'm trying to have confidence. 

I may be mistaken, but I remember you saying they missed some stuff and is why they went back,x was the double cover a part of that scenario? 

On 7/15/2022 at 2:10 PM, Kerdese said:

First 25 are on their way home. The only one that’s a bit surprising is Captain America 1. I’m pretty sure there are 2 color breaks on the back side of the spine.

4D80033E-0A41-4EE9-8B12-6288E8906E16.jpeg

7222E1A8-0189-4C14-96D2-62EF1B4C669F.jpeg

7 more coming home. New Mutants 98 came in higher than I thought it would (has a tear). 🤘

My two best dollar bin finds were in this shipment. X-men 221 came in at 9.6 and New Mutants 98 came in at 7.0.

5EED4688-015D-4A67-98AE-912018B2B0C3.png

AA76EA05-2479-402E-8F9D-E27F2ADF6730.jpeg

On 7/15/2022 at 6:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've seen a few purple labels like that unfortunately, and I dont remember but were these some of the ones sent back for correction?  I now have mechanical errors there again, I'm trying to have confidence. 

I may be mistaken, but I remember you saying they missed some stuff and is why they went back,x was the double cover a part of that scenario? 

That was a different book.  That book was one I purchased new that I knew had a double cover and they made a  mistake and said it was married.

That book after going back to be inspected by they lead grader , did come back corrected.  ( it was their error and is a double cover) 

The one mentioned above was a different comic that I purchased from ebay and it arrived just before I sent in my George Perez signing books and I added it to them. 

On 7/15/2022 at 7:29 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That was a different book.  That book was one I purchased new that I knew had a double cover and they made a  mistake and said it was married.

That book after going back to be inspected by they lead grader , did come back corrected.  ( it was their error and is a double cover) 

The one mentioned above was a different comic that I purchased from ebay and it arrived just before I sent in my George Perez signing books and I added it to them. 

Cool! Sorry about that, with it all close together like that clarifying helped. On a brighter note in spoiler.

Spoiler

I sent 2 in for mechanical error. Delivered to cgc same time as a separate carrier delivered my moderns. Moderns opened and received day later. I realized I forgot to write "me" on all sides, even though I had called ups directly to have them do so when I got home from dropping off with them.

Bright side called cgc, they even emailed me personally when they were finally marked received, which I thought as a chain of command was efficient or due diligence. Now to await them back.

That makes sense now 🙂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Is anyone else in Canada having more issues than usual with FedEx lately? A few months ago a package from CGC would arrive within about 4 or maybe 5 days using the ground option. The past few shipments have taken a week, and I have had books damaged en route as a result. Now the latest package sent Monday which was scheduled for Fri is still sitting with almost no chance of making it over the boarder and clearing customs for tomorrow. It has been sitting literally in the exact same spot for 3 days now. I hope it gets here soon and without a lot of damage. 

capture.jpg