• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, toro said:

I called the other day and the guy Ryan said there must be big orders in front of yours. 

Idk be sure and point out that the amount of estimated tat went down when in fact it's gone up for most of us  :(

On 7/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, NaviChild said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyone had issues getting back some recent sig series?

I've had 3 from Jim Salicrup SFG since 6/2, 5 from Mirka Andolfo SFG since 6/6, and 3 from Joshua Williamson SFG since 6/8. 

I have others at CCS and some July sig series that are SFG that I'm too worried about. It just seems a little long than I'm used to for sig series for those 3 subs.

I wouldn't say "issues" per se. I had a couple books in on Feb for Marv Wolfman and they apparently waited till SDCC to get them signed (GEI now). Now the long wait for SS to finish along with who knows how many other SS books in queue that were signed recently or at SDCC. Jim Lee is a signing event that seems to always be completed up to 5 months after the cutoff date.

I wouldn't worry in your shoes. Either a) the signing took place and they're clearing queue of earlier books or b) hasn't taken place yet but will either at another con or InHouse.

Just know, they will be at C2E2 which means the old rule of "Fri before a con doesnt count towards TAT" is in effect again. Also there will be skeleton crew at home while staff is at con setting up/working. i expect to see that crapshoot of longer than usual TATs for some orders and fast TAT on others as depends on who is working where.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:17 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:wavingwhiteflag::sorry: I'm surprised you haven't called or what not to start a ticket for them to hurry it through.

Yep, this. ^ 

I've been waiting on an Economy Fast Track order received 6/7. I messaged CGC last week asking the status, and it took three days but I got a friendly reply agreeing that the order is overdue and that they would 'rush' it. Today the status finally changed from SFG to G/E/I.  :banana:  

On 8/1/2022 at 5:35 PM, Point Five said:

Yep, this. ^ 

I've been waiting on an Economy Fast Track order received 6/7. I messaged CGC last week asking the status, and it took three days but I got a friendly reply agreeing that the order is overdue and that they would 'rush' it. Today the status finally changed from SFG to G/E/I.  :banana:  

Ya I hesitated to suggest it, cause it sounds like we "call a lot or all the time," but DOES sometimes help.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:36 AM, Ninja0215 said:

I actually have to call CGc today and update my card info. I could wait till ccs gets my books but i want this out of the way. 

They removed my credit card info as they would cash my check that I would send and also charge my credit card.  Now I get spammed telling me to update my credit card info.  But they were the ones who removed it so the double charging would stop.  :pullhair:

Edited by toro

On 8/2/2022 at 10:09 AM, toro said:
On 8/2/2022 at 9:28 AM, dikran1 said:

My Last Ronin SS has been sitting at GEI for 6 weeks now, is that normal?...

Is it getting pressed too?  If so I would say it's normal.  If not getting pressed I would say that is  YARN | Abby normal. | Young Frankenstein (1974) | Video gifs by quotes |  851a6ed1 | 紗

lol simple deduction dear watson. CGC estimates 6 week TAT for In-house signings, 8 weeks with a press.

If it has been back to CGC from pressing and at GEI for 6 weeks, then I think 2 weeks for press sounds semi correct, yet I'm leaning more toward 

YARN | Abby normal. | Young Frankenstein (1974) | Video gifs by quotes |  851a6ed1 | 紗 as all the peeps that I know have their Eastman/Last Ronin back by now :cheers: 

Fourth week, maybe fifth week my Eastman crew SS has been sitting in GEI.  But its great to see all the youtube guys have had their books to dump on the markets since June... :facepalm:

CGC3212116929
2/25/22
In house Signing Magazine
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

On 8/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, BDubs said:

Fourth week, maybe fifth week my Eastman crew SS has been sitting in GEI.  But its great to see all the youtube guys have had their books to dump on the markets since June... :facepalm:

CGC3212116929
2/25/22
In house Signing Magazine
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Glad I'm not alone :foryou:

So my first ever CGC submission was 26 comics, because I did not understand there was a maximum submission size. It was split into two submissions, one 25 comics, one single comic. Received 6/10/22. This was a modern tier submission, no fast tracks.

The single submission was shipped to me today. (Happily it is a 9.8.) The other 25 are still "scheduled for grading."