• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 6:46 PM, Ryan. said:

Mechanical Error should be like one day. There's no excuse for those to sit untouched for days and days. 

There is only so much equipment that is used to encapsulate the books. I am ok with waiting my turn. 

One thing I only just found out, that may be of interest to submitters: according to Becky, the "Grade Date" is not necessarily the date a comic was graded, rather, it was when the graders received it.  (the grade dates for all the comics in my worrisome submission is 6/17/2022)

Looks like I'll be getting the shipment tomorrow.  I sure hope it's a database error and the books are correctly graded 😓

On 8/10/2022 at 7:18 AM, Underground44 said:

Try living in Australa. Then you'll have something to complain about 😂

yeah, I've visited friends in Australia..not much gets down there. I remember trying to find antacid in Melbourne..couldn't find any. My friends are dual citizens living with parents in Melbourne..and they talked a lot about all the things they have to special order from the US because Australia doesn't have it or the equivalent. Supposedly, Australia only has two grocery store chains..so lack of competition hurts the diversity in products.. that is what they said. 

I sent in two sets of books to facilitators last year for signings they had. One set of 3 books went out May 2021, were "quick pressed" by the store..whatever that actually means, and then sent to cgc. I got those back may 2022, almost a year to the day. 

Talked to cgc today about the second set of 8 books. They got to the facilitator 7/6/21 but they don't press so they were sent as modern + ccs..A year in and they are still 4 months away from being pressed (was told CCS is working on 8/21 books now), then up to a year TAT in grading. So I think my eta is like 12/23 for stuff I sent 7/6/21..just a quick 2.5 years, no bigs. 
Lesson learned on that, anything SS is just going to be submitted by me to cgc directly..those seem to be under a year at worst, usually much quicker unless the signing date pushes or it's magazine sized

Edited by A. Schaeffer

On 8/10/2022 at 5:40 PM, Courageous Cat said:

my book is currently in Grading/QC but I noticed they put universal in there but no grades. Is that common? If it is, I guess I've just never noticed it before

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 6.35.35 PM.jpeg

No grades until shipped, so it's in that process, completely normal 

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

Edited by Jemin

On 8/10/2022 at 6:40 PM, Courageous Cat said:

my book is currently in Grading/QC but I noticed they put universal in there but no grades. Is that common? If it is, I guess I've just never noticed it before

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 6.35.35 PM.jpeg

Yup, that is completely normal.

With no insider knowledge whatsoever, my best guess is doing it this way cuts down on people flooding them with calls to try to catch the order before shipping if they dont like the grades or something along those lines. In that way it makes perfect sense in my mind. Having said that, I am not good at waiting for things so the time between QC and shipping is usually torture for me as I F5 the page continually. 

I have 6 silver age magazines across 2 submissions that were in for Standard Magazine service, SFG 6/2 and 6/13 respectively.  Current TAT is 15 days so I emailed CGC 2 weeks ago.  They are searching for the books....  :facepalm:

Emailed them a week later for an update and received the following:  

I am still waiting for an update from my internal team at this time.  We are currently sorting through hundreds of submissions to locate yours and try to push it through for you. We do appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Fingers crossed!

**************** Update ***************

Both submissions just went GEI!  

Edited by Elroy Jetson
Update