• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

Not impressed with the grades on the 3 though. Deathstroke is for my personal collection so I'll take the 9.4 (I just like the cover) but all 3 were pristine, bagged from purchase and never read. Was definitely expecting a 9.8 across the board here.

2022-08-11 (1).png

On 8/9/2022 at 2:31 PM, Stefan_W said:

3 ME books hit SFG on Aug 3rd

Moved into G/E/I and then Q/C today, Aug 9th

Based on experience they may sit at this stage for a few days, but man that it still fast.

And marked as shipped today with the shipment date set for tomorrow, Aug 11th. That is about a week in total which is extremely fast, well done!

On 8/11/2022 at 3:53 PM, Stefan_W said:

And marked as shipped today with the shipment date set for tomorrow, Aug 11th. That is about a week in total which is extremely fast, well done!

Congrats! Will be nice to have them back and closure. Mechanical errors are hard to "justify" but cgc does do their best and to their credit. If it ships tomorrow, it will be somewhat over nighted back, but it being Friday, Monday deliveries are still most common lol

Edit what I mean is, cgc does fast shipping back to you too!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 Adam Kubert Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

8/10: SFG

8:11: GEI

1 Jim Lee Signature Series w/Pressing

5/20: Delivered to CGC

5/24: Received at CCS

10 Modern

7/11: Delivered to CGC

7/12: SFG

My first ever large submission, 25 books, all modern, no fast tracks.

Received: 6/10/22

Shipped: 8/12/22

12 9.8s

6 9.6s

2 9.4s, 1 9.2 --I thought at least five of the books I sent in could be sub 9.8, so I guess I am half disappointed with the results here.

And 4 REJECTS: at first I was like, what happened? Did I submit a bootleg comic book?? But from searching this forum it looks like a REJECT is just a book that cannot be safely slabbed and you are not charged for it (but I will follow up on that with CGC obviously.) Will be interested in reading what the reason was...the four that were rejected are all obscure variants with oddly cut covers where I can see there being an issue getting them to sit in a slab.

Anyway, this was much faster than I thought it would be. I went with CGC vs their competition since the competition seems to have completely lost control of their backlog, and that decision has paid off, at least in this case.

2/25/22
In house Signing Magazine
Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Another week gone by on the GEI making 5 weeks? for Kevin Eastman and Team to remark on the Last Ronin Sig Series....