• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I would email them..every time one of my submissions gets stuck in GEI, I email them and it miraculously goes to G/QC two days later

I will if it stays there a couple of more days. We just had the long weekend which could have had an impact. 

On 9/6/2022 at 10:57 AM, Stefan_W said:

This is odd, but not complaining.

My 8/8 pre-screen modern just hit QC, but my 7/19 pre-screen modern is still in G/E/I. 

I think that in processing these orders they forget about orders for a time 

many have tried to figure out their system, and we all have failed

On 9/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I think that in processing these orders they forget about orders for a time 

many have tried to figure out their system, and we all have failed

My theory is that at a certain point, probably G/E/I, books move from the general queue and are assigned to a grader. Some graders may be faster than others, and sometimes they are sick or on holidays or something like that, so the last stages can move at different speeds depending on which line your books are in. But who knows for sure, I am just really happy that things are moving so fast right now. 

Another prescreen moved to quality control today..but from the charge on my credit card ..but all rejected (9.8)..the other one that was processed earlier, I got 20 that made 9.8...interesting

Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.10.14 PM.png

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 9/4/2022 at 5:46 AM, Ninja0215 said:

My 4 book modern just dropped off my dashboard.  I don't have the submission numbers to track them....😪

yes you do....go to 'submit' then to 'submission forms' and scroll down to 'online forms' for comic grading...and you will see a list of all submissions (submitted and voided non submits)

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 9/6/2022 at 4:32 PM, Ed Hanes said:

yes you do....go to 'submit' then to 'submission forms' and scroll down to 'online forms' for comic grading...and you will see a list of all submissions (submitted and voided non submits)

👍👍👍

On 9/6/2022 at 1:57 PM, Stefan_W said:

This is odd, but not complaining.

My 8/8 pre-screen modern just hit QC, but my 7/19 pre-screen modern is still in G/E/I. 

24/25 on a 9.8 pre-screen, this is a new record for me :) I modified my process a bit and it is already showing results. 

On 9/6/2022 at 2:00 PM, Stefan_W said:

24/25 on a 9.8 pre-screen, this is a new record for me :) I modified my process a bit and it is already showing results. 

I am really beginning to think it's the luck of the draw with the graders...I got a 20/25 today (my highest) and a 0/25 today

Edited by Ed Hanes

I'm convinced it's 100% luck of the draw...one submission I went 16/18 9.8....the latest I went 10/75.....using the same pressing company and my eye as the person selecting what to submit for both. It just doesn't ring true to me that I can go 16/18 down to 10 for 75 for moderns. I'm out thousands of dollars in profits and have nothing I can do about it because CGC has spoken. One of the 25 book submissions went 0/25....I mean come on. I never expect 100% 9.8...but I do expect at least some level of consistency when you're talking moderns that have been professionally pressed and look absolutely perfect. I'm convinced CGC is rushing order through to improve turn around times and just throwing random grades on things to get them pushed through and the new graders are hedging themselves on the conservative side.

My Economy submission from September 2021 (no press) is scheduled to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, nearly a full year after CGC received it.  

Ridonkulous.  

At least modern TATs are good.  I recently got a 9-book Modern submission back a month after I sent it.  6 of the books were within 0.5 of my estimate, one was exactly what I anticipated, one that I thought was a 5.0 got a 3.5 (harsh, but after re-visiting the book I can kind of see where they were coming from), but one that I thought was an 8.5 got a 9.2!  So pretty much two were off my mark, but the other seven on point.  

ZERO issues with the slabs.  No Newton Rings, no stray hairs, no slipped books, no SCS, no cracks, and (surprisingly) no scuffs.  

Looks like QC has improved - maybe...?  

On 9/6/2022 at 7:36 PM, djzombi said:

My Economy submission from September 2021 (no press) is scheduled to arrive on my doorstep tomorrow, nearly a full year after CGC received it.  

Ridonkulous.  

At least modern TATs are good.  I recently got a 9-book Modern submission back a month after I sent it.  6 of the books were within 0.5 of my estimate, one was exactly what I anticipated, one that I thought was a 5.0 got a 3.5 (harsh, but after re-visiting the book I can kind of see where they were coming from), but one that I thought was an 8.5 got a 9.2!  So pretty much two were off my mark, but the other seven on point.  

ZERO issues with the slabs.  No Newton Rings, no stray hairs, no slipped books, no SCS, no cracks, and (surprisingly) no scuffs.  

Looks like QC has improved - maybe...?  

Lucky

I called about econ slow from October, given their response and here it may be another month.

I've bought recently slabbed econ books that have had the likeness of rings, but they're more clear than oily, I guess that I can live with that (thumbsu

On 9/6/2022 at 7:49 PM, djzombi said:

Oh, I fully realize this!

Lol that cheers me up haha cause it has truth to it, but I AM glad 😊 

Having the time of my life, watching the econ clock tick to paraphrase Green Days "All the Time" :roflmao:

No worries @djzombi you gave hope which offsets the clear rings I got buying from a recent submission. All good, it's positive.

Just aggravating but I'm glad your wait is done, main thing. I think normally cgc wouldn't leave year long tat hanging out there so long, so maybe now that con season is dwindling or after nycc which is soon, it'll pick up.

I wasn't trying to rain on you. :cheers: