• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2023 at 9:24 AM, acistaro said:

I had a registered mail (5 book - STANDARD) delivered on 5/5/23

I still get the message "Your package has been delivered and is securely stored in our facility. It will appear in the Submission Tracking tool once it has been opened"

Any idea on how backed up CGC is with their mail openings these days?

I would e-mail Customer Service at submissions@cgccomics.com; recent responses have been within 2 business days.  Alternatively, you may want to consider the Ask CGC forum.  I think it is taking a few days to open received packages, but a month is too long.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:30 AM, Stefan_W said:

My recent ME sat in QC for a couple of weeks which was a first for me. Maybe there was a shortage in cases or shipping boxes, or something along those lines. 

On 6/8/2023 at 8:08 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

My Adam Hughes signing modern sub with 2 books has been sitting in GEI for almost 2 weeks as well.

Yes usually it doesn't take this long.  Hoping there's an update soon.

I also have a sub of 4 ME books that have been sitting in SFG for a month now. Each of these books were all mislabeled which sucks. Goes to show how in QC they don't look at the covers of the books to make sure they match. I think they look at the box from top down to make sure they match the list and they move on.

Have to wonder when we have books from signatures or even adding custom labels these days, those are taking way much longer. Normally I'd have my custom label books come back even earlier than a regular submission.

Guess we just continue to wait.

When is the next major con? Might want to get a sub in before then, because things will probably only get worse on wait times.

On 6/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Modern Slow Prescreen

Delivered: 5/22/23

Received: 6/1/23

SFG: 6/1/23

GEI: 6/1/23

G/QC: 6/6/23

Modern Slow Prescreen

Delivered: 5/22/23

Received: 6/1/23

SFG: 6/1/23

GEI: 6/1/23

G/QC: 6/6/23

Shipped: 6/8/23

24/25...I'll take it.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:17 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:
On 6/8/2023 at 1:13 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

4/20 fast track economy finally has gone to QC.  Should sit at QC for about three days.... it will be 38ish days for a 20 day fast track.....  

2023-06-08 13_10_02-CGC Submission Tracking _ CGC.jpeg

in QC for about 3 hours. Shipped.  

If it is for the con be sure to look at the "shipping date", I had one ship Monday, but the label was printed for Tuesday....

I would have hoped it'd be in time for the con, but as it "might" be a Saturday delivery lol that is a lot of "" and where upons, with thusly the quotes "" 

:cheers: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/8/2023 at 2:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it is for the con be sure to look at the "shipping date", I had one ship Monday, but the label was printed for Tuesday....

I would have hoped it'd be in time for the con, but as it "might" be a Saturday delivery lol that is a lot of "" and where upons, with thusly the quotes "" 

:cheers: 

It doesn’t ship until tomorrow, expected at the shop on Wednesday. So almost 7000 worth of inventory I can’t sell at the biggest show in Texas. Can’t say I’m happy. Cgc missed their tat by two weeks. 

On 6/8/2023 at 8:50 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

As somewhat of an aside, as many board members recall, the shipping boxes of old (circa 2018, perhaps a bit later, and earlier) used to ship 25 comic books were larger and the cardboard that the boxes were made of was thicker. Further, the material that was used to secure the comic books or magazines inside the box was far better than what is currently used.

Edit: The same holds true for the old boxes that were used to ship 15 comic books.

Completely agree! Was just lamenting today how much thinner the cardboard is on the newest boxes. (tsk)

On 6/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, Stefan_W said:

Group of 20 MODERN

Arrived at CGC - June 5

SFG - June 8

G/E/I - June 8

So it was Received in their system after three days? Was it a drop off?

sounds like somebody may have found the missing box cutters at the CGC warehouse (thumbsu

On 6/8/2023 at 9:19 PM, ChrispyC66 said:

So it was Received in their system after three days? Was it a drop off?

sounds like somebody may have found the missing box cutters at the CGC warehouse (thumbsu

I sent it in via FedEx from Canada. My personal ticker always starts when the box arrives at CGC :) 

On 6/8/2023 at 10:18 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

My order was shipped 2 days ago but they didn´t uploaded the tracking number. (shrug) 

I had that happen once - try checking the shipping summary notification PDF they sent to you the day it shipped out. It should be listed there.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:13 PM, Stefan_W said:

I had that happen once - try checking the shipping summary notification PDF they sent to you the day it shipped out. It should be listed there.

I did it and there's no info about it. I contacted customer service in the morning and they told me that they sent a message to shipping department but no answer yet. 

Screenshot_20230608_213841_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.45e0188b26dc6a7c7f4c7bae1f7ce50d.jpg

On 6/8/2023 at 11:43 PM, Mijael.Levy said:

I did it and there's no info about it. I contacted customer service in the morning and they told me that they sent a message to shipping department but no answer yet. 

Screenshot_20230608_213841_SamsungNotes.thumb.jpg.45e0188b26dc6a7c7f4c7bae1f7ce50d.jpg

That is really strange, it is usually in the PDF regardless of whether it is on the web page. Hopefully they figure it out soon.