• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2023 at 11:11 AM, captainzombie said:

I am noticing with my last few submissions that books are getting stuck way much longer in GEI now than they used to before.

Same here.  In the past it was for a day or 2 but now......

On 6/20/2023 at 10:21 AM, waynemel said:

Same here.  In the past it was for a day or 2 but now......

Totally agreed that it would take a day or two max, but now they are sitting in GEI for days to a week and have seen some even post here that it can be weeks even on moderns non-FT.

On 6/20/2023 at 9:01 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Just regular Economy? No Fast Track? I've got a fast track econ from 5/23, and a regular economy from 5/9 with no movement at all.  Glad to see some books moving through.  

No fast track. I was surprised too but :takeit:

Edited by PickleRick1216

On 6/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, PickleRick1216 said:

No fast track. I was surprised too but :takeit:

Congrats!  I wish they would follow the first in/first out that they tout so hard.  It's just luck of the draw for what they grab first that day I guess. Makes it hard to try and sub books to sell at shows.  Lately everything is coming back well past TAT. I hope all levels start to speed up and we get normal times again. 

10 book Economy/Vintage sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/3/23
  • Delivered: 5/5/23
  • Received and SFG: 5/25/23 (+15 days)
  • G/E/I:  6/13/23  (+27 days)
  • QC: 6/20/23 (+32 days)
  • Shipped: 6/21/23 (+33 days)

15 book Modern sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/31/23
  • Delivered: 6/2/23
  • Received/SFG/GEI: 6/12/23 (+6 days)
  • G/QC: 6/15/23 (+9 days)
  • Shipped: 6/16/23 (+10 days)
  • Delivered: 6/18/23

5 book Economy/Vintage sub. no FT

• Shipped: 5/31/23
  • Delivered: 6/2/23
  • Received/SFG/GEI: 6/12/23 (+12 days)
  • QC: ?

8 book Mechanical Error sub.

• Shipped: 6/8/23
  • Delivered: 6/12/23 
  • Received/SFG: 6/14/23 (+4 days)
  • GEI:?

On 6/20/2023 at 1:22 PM, Ed Hanes said:

This sat in GEI for ten days ...then PRESTO! ..Shipped !

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 10.21.12 AM.png

Wow. My 5/16 is still sitting in GEI.

With all of these submissions entered as received completed weeks after mine, there may be a phone call made soon. 

Edited by Shockmaster

On 6/20/2023 at 11:04 AM, Shockmaster said:

Wow. My 5/16 is still sitting in GEI.

With all of these submissions entered as received completed weeks after mine, there may be a phone call made soon. 

it's bittersweet for me..still waiting for a submission to be opened and posted that was delivered over two weeks ago

seems like this is all a crapshoot 

Edited by Ed Hanes

You can't be upset with @greggy, he's been submitting like this for years.  I'd want to have his luck with getting books back in a timely manner if I was subbing 300-500 books a week.  But it begs the question, that if CGC isn't supposed to know whose books they are grading, how are all the books getting back before a ton of our other books? I understand it's part of the process, but it makes it difficult to feel its impartial. 

On 6/20/2023 at 1:52 PM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

That's a lot of books! I was just curious. See you in Baltimore bud.

I have a ton more but a bunch were bought during the Covid hype time so I won't be submitting a bunch at this time but there's still more to be done. 

On 6/20/2023 at 1:56 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

You can't be upset with @greggy, he's been submitting like this for years.  I'd want to have his luck with getting books back in a timely manner if I was subbing 300-500 books a week.  But it begs the question, that if CGC isn't supposed to know whose books they are grading, how are all the books getting back before a ton of our other books? I understand it's part of the process, but it makes it difficult to feel its impartial. 

I think the benefit that I receive is that @joeypostdelivers my books directly to CGC and it speeds up the entering process and therefore, the time frame.

I understand the frustration that some may have but I don't really do anything to expedite the matter.  I've only had one submission that I recalled where it was a little late and once I asked about it, it did get done shortly afterwards.

As you can even see with my submission, there are time gaps between submission received at or around the same time.

I've learned that unless the listed estimated time frame has passed, that CGC won't really do anything about it even if others get theirs faster.

I have asked @CGC Mikefor assistance at times but never to speed up anything.  It's just usually to see if they can fix a mislabeling before it gets out.