• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,091 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2023 at 11:22 AM, Ed Hanes said:

My submission was delivered to warehouse and scanned on June 7th..still no entry to submission. Customer service told me it can take up to 20 days (business I guess) to open and submit  ...which is the turnaround time for Modern....so, I am concerned they lost my submission.

It def does not take up to 20 business days now to open your box, unless maybe it is a signature series submission.

I would call again and talk to someone else that can help.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:10 PM, Stefan_W said:

2 book ME marked at arrived at CGC on June 14 and SFG

G/E/I - June 27

Q/C - June 28

Super fast for an ME, which is great. These are the books I posted about in another thread that have now gone in for the fourth time with the same issue, and where I was charged for shipping but given a credit for it. Fingers crossed that the spotting on the back is fixed, which required swapping out the inner plastic sheath. 

Nice!  I have a 1 book ME SFG 6/1.  Still no movement as of today 😕

I'm curious to hear about how those come back.  Fingers crossed for you.  

On 6/29/2023 at 12:36 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

It def does not take up to 20 business days now to open your box, unless maybe it is a signature series submission.

I would call again and talk to someone else that can help.

it is a SS..although they dont know that because I didnt mark the box..IDK, maybe they opened it and havent inputted the submission but the deadline for this particular artist is July 7th. In the past they have waited but never anywhere this close to the deadline  

On 6/29/2023 at 2:15 PM, Ed Hanes said:

it is a SS..although they dont know that because I didnt mark the box..IDK, maybe they opened it and havent inputted the submission but the deadline for this particular artist is July 7th. In the past they have waited but never anywhere this close to the deadline  

See how smart I am? lol

They dont open those boxes till closer to the SS event.

Same thing happened for my McFarlane and Frank Miller signing.

You are fine, just relax.

YARN | Heisenberg says "relax." | Breaking Bad (2008) - S01E07 | Video  clips by quotes | 3aa42943 | 紗

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/29/2023 at 2:19 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

See how smart I am? lol

They dont open those boxes till closer to the SS event.

Same thing happened for my McFarlane and Frank Miller signing.

You are fine, just relax.

YARN | Heisenberg says "relax." | Breaking Bad (2008) - S01E07 | Video  clips by quotes | 3aa42943 | 紗

I've had dozens of SS submitted..never has it been within a week of deadline...BUT, if no one has had their Peach Momoko SS submitted then I will relax..somehow, I doubt it  (but at least it wasn't an expensive comic)

BTW, my Mcfarlane from the most recent signing was opened within a few days of receipt and I sent it as soon as CGC posted it

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 6/29/2023 at 3:12 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I've had dozens of SS submitted..never has it been within a week of deadline...BUT, if no one has had their Peach Momoko SS submitted then I will relax..somehow, I doubt it  (but at least it wasn't an expensive comic)

BTW, my Mcfarlane from the most recent signing was opened within a few days of receipt and I sent it as soon as CGC posted it

My Mcfarlanes took over a month.

On 6/29/2023 at 3:35 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

My Mcfarlanes took over a month.

I sent in my Mcfarlane on sept  8th ..received a few days later and opened within three days..signed on Oct 5. The deadline for this was Nov 11. Because Mcfarlane was expected to be a popular signing, they had him sign on different dates as they were expecting late submissions..I am guessing same thing happened with Miller. These are outliers (because of overwhelming popularity) and can't be extrapolated to other signings.

image.thumb.png.09f3da72170ead42beab8830a16841ba.png

On 6/29/2023 at 3:44 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I sent in my Mcfarlane on sept  8th ..received a few days later and opened within three days..signed on Oct 5. The deadline for this was Nov 11. Because Mcfarlane was expected to be a popular signing, they had him sign on different dates as they were expecting late submissions..I am guessing same thing happened with Miller. These are outliers (because of overwhelming popularity) and can't be extrapolated to other signings.

image.thumb.png.09f3da72170ead42beab8830a16841ba.png

Then I would suggest you call my good man if it bothers you that much. (shrug)

On 6/29/2023 at 3:46 PM, Ed Hanes said:

well, like I said..I already communicated with them

You talked to one person right?

On 6/29/2023 at 3:53 PM, Ed Hanes said:

will probably call tomorrow ..never had much luck with calling before on other issues (except billing)

Good luck :fourleafclover:

On 6/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, musicmeta said:

Marked as shipped 6/28/23..WOW!  Super fast for this submission.  

I did drop this submission off at the "Fan Days Expo" in Dallas on Friday 6/9/23.  Took a little while to get the submission entered to mark as received but after that it was a rocket ship to the grading planet!!

Looks like a phone call is needed.  My submission that was marked "Shipped" and I received the "CGC Shipping Summary" email is now back in G/E/I.   Strange.  I'll call them later on.  

On 6/30/2023 at 7:19 AM, musicmeta said:
On 6/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, musicmeta said:

Marked as shipped 6/28/23..WOW!  Super fast for this submission.  

I did drop this submission off at the "Fan Days Expo" in Dallas on Friday 6/9/23.  Took a little while to get the submission entered to mark as received but after that it was a rocket ship to the grading planet!!

Looks like a phone call is needed.  My submission that was marked "Shipped" and I received the "CGC Shipping Summary" email is now back in G/E/I.   Strange.  I'll call them later on.  

That happened to me yesterday as well and I posted as much here (thumbsu

Today it "does" show "shipped", but was only 9.6 and I feel like:

to go from GEI to qc finalized, to qc control and back to GEI, to only have it show as all the way shipped and with no explanation?

That's the way mine went. It would seem if "something went wrong" I should know about it, but then again, when I called, they just said sometime the online on my end is whacky doh!(shrug)??? 

MMnnkay!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/30/2023 at 2:32 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That happened to me yesterday as well and I posted as much here (thumbsu

Today it "does" show "shipped", but was only 9.6 and I feel like:

to go from GEI to qc finalized, to qc control and back to GEI, to only have it show as all the way shipped and with no explanation?

That's the way mine went. It would seem if "something went wrong" I should know about it, but then again, when I called, they just said sometime the online on my end is whacky doh!(shrug)??? 

MMnnkay!

Thanks for your explanation.  Most puzzling.  Online issues it seems.  I'll check back periodically.