• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2023 at 8:07 AM, icp004 said:

Mechanical Error Submission
2023-08-31    Delivered to CGC/CGC Scanned Delivery
2023-09-12    CGC Received/SFG
2023-09-18    GEI
2023-09-20    Shipped

Man would love for my ME to get done as it was received 8/15/2023.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:38 AM, Gator Guru said:

Man would love for my ME to get done as it was received 8/15/2023.

On 9/20/2023 at 8:04 AM, Dayofthedead204 said:

Same.  Mine was shown as SFG on 9/5/23 though.  

My last ME took about a 2.5 weeks from the point that they got it into the system and then it hit my door. My one before that had taken an entire month. It really sucks that these ME books take way too long, considering that they screwed the book(s) up and even worse is that they had the book(s) for weeks prior grading them, just adding to the time.

Edited by captainzombie

On 9/20/2023 at 9:10 AM, captainzombie said:

My last ME took about a 2.5 weeks from the point that they got it into the system and then it hit my door. My one before that had taken an entire month. It really sucks that these ME books take way too long, considering that they screwed the book(s) up and even worse is that they had the book(s) for weeks prior grading them, just adding to the time.

The last time this happened cgc had ruined my book when they cracked it. Any time it takes too long there is a reason and its time to fret imo.

On 9/20/2023 at 12:32 PM, qlow said:

sub was sitting at G/QC all day yesterday and it just went back to GEI today. hopefully that doesn’t mean a grade drop 🫠

This happens every now and then.  Usually it just means QC is doing their job and found debris or a crack in the case.  I bet it goes directly to shipped tomorrow.  They almost never send a book back to grading from QC.  Usually just to get re-encapsulated.

On 9/19/2023 at 2:05 PM, trademarkcomics said:

So I sent in a batch on 9/6(Got there 9/8). They split them into 4 groups. Two vintage(one with one Silver Age issue and one with two Bronze Age issues) and two modern(One with 14 issues and one that I decided to do a custom label). The Modern group of 14 issues is already shipped while the rest are still SFG after 3 business days.

CGC914.thumb.jpg.04483b64bbf0050ecebf76acfb2c2c95.jpg

While I love the speed of the group of 14, I probably won't be choosing to upgrade to custom labels anymore...:taptaptap:

asmCGCdcsu1.png

So I just had a submission shipped (or shipping tomorrow, 9/21, according the tracker page) that was received on 9/1 and probably shipped by me like a week and a half before 9/1. Standard modern grading, 25 comics.

But--and this is why I am mentioning this, because I want to note this win somewhere--I feel like I hit the jackpot with whoever the grader was, because this shipment has six 9.9s in it and six 10s. Almost half the submission over 9.8! This has never happened to me before, my previous record was maybe three 10s and two 9.9s in a group of 25.

On 9/20/2023 at 7:48 PM, justinsl said:

So I just had a submission shipped (or shipping tomorrow, 9/21, according the tracker page) that was received on 9/1 and probably shipped by me like a week and a half before 9/1. Standard modern grading, 25 comics.

But--and this is why I am mentioning this, because I want to note this win somewhere--I feel like I hit the jackpot with whoever the grader was, because this shipment has six 9.9s in it and six 10s. Almost half the submission over 9.8! This has never happened to me before, my previous record was maybe three 10s and two 9.9s in a group of 25.

Wow. What kind of books??

On 9/20/2023 at 7:55 PM, carcrawfordfan said:

Wow. What kind of books??

Oh, new release special/limited covers stuff...for the 10s, three Counterpoints, one Coffin, one Mt Olympus, one Zenescope Gallery (which always have a high chance of a higher than 9.8 grade due to the paper quality.) For the 9.9s three Counterpoints, two Coffins, one Zenescope Showcase. Counterpoint comics...the content is of dubious quality, but the publishing quality is quite high it appears.

On 9/20/2023 at 4:48 PM, justinsl said:

shhh.gif.31422742838499211d05c09daf11ca93.gif

On 9/20/2023 at 6:48 PM, justinsl said:

That's awesome. Which books did get those 9.9's?

I'm just on pins and needles to know if it is traditional books or something like the last ronin,  which might be considered more common.

I dared not ask, as if it were traditional books, then either its a true grade and census numbers shattered, or it was a happy grader that maynend up under review that shatters the census.

I was curious, but am faint if it were something less common  :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, captainzombie said:

That's awesome. Which books did get those 9.9's?

I answered this above: "For the 9.9s three Counterpoints, two Coffins, one Zenescope Showcase. Counterpoint comics...the content is of dubious quality, but the publishing quality is quite high it appears."

These were just regular Counterpoint and/or Coffin variants, the kind of limited variants you get from their Kickstarters and such. Not sure what explains it; this is all pretty obscure stuff which would have few if any other graded copies in the census.

On 9/20/2023 at 9:29 PM, justinsl said:

I answered this above: "For the 9.9s three Counterpoints, two Coffins, one Zenescope Showcase. Counterpoint comics...the content is of dubious quality, but the publishing quality is quite high it appears."

These were just regular Counterpoint and/or Coffin variants, the kind of limited variants you get from their Kickstarters and such. Not sure what explains it; this is all pretty obscure stuff which would have few if any other graded copies in the census.

Ah no worries! I think the reason we missed it, is because it is a page back, when quoted it takes us to the next page of posts where the answer is, but we already posted lol thanks for clarification as I had missed it too!

I remember seeing 9.9s or even perfect 10s of certain fairy tales before, they're quite attractive in quality when made, I agree. I've seldom found such nice condition however in the past bins at my LCS, however, and it is still an impressive grade to have got back. I'm glad to see that the grade is still respected, as if they were never handed out, then it'd be like a Mirage or doubted. I used last ronin as an example because I've known several. None of my own though. :(

Edited by ADAMANTIUM