• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,041 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2023 at 1:27 PM, captainzombie said:

I've had several sitting in GEI for over a week now and considering its a holiday week, hoping these get sent out at least next week.

I called Friday and was told things should be moving this week and next week like normal.  The possible move was not confirmed by the rep I spoke with, but CGC Mike’s comment above seems clear.  That being said the rep seemed surprised when she looked up the order and said they were graded 11/2 and not slabbed.   Hopefully if it was the move or NYCC and things are almost normal again.  We have all become accustomed to the quicker speeds lately and being stuck in GEI is no fun when you’re so close.  But I don’t want to go bad to the old days of months so it’s still not all that bad.  

On 11/20/2023 at 1:27 PM, captainzombie said:

I've had several sitting in GEI for over a week now and considering its a holiday week, hoping these get sent out at least next week.

My order has been in GEI for over a week as well. My order before that was in GEI for 2 days before being shipped. Things have slowed down to a crawl.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:46 PM, jlrangers21 said:

I called Friday and was told things should be moving this week and next week like normal.  The possible move was not confirmed by the rep I spoke with, but CGC Mike’s comment above seems clear.  That being said the rep seemed surprised when she looked up the order and said they were graded 11/2 and not slabbed.   Hopefully if it was the move or NYCC and things are almost normal again.  We have all become accustomed to the quicker speeds lately and being stuck in GEI is no fun when you’re so close.  But I don’t want to go bad to the old days of months so it’s still not all that bad.  

On 11/20/2023 at 3:54 PM, Chokedbyhalo said:

My order has been in GEI for over a week as well. My order before that was in GEI for 2 days before being shipped. Things have slowed down to a crawl.

I ended up calling late this afternoon to see what was the possible delay and the CS rep did say that the move did delay a lot of things. I bet between the building move and then NYCC probably added to these longer than normal turnaround times of late. I've also had it where once I went to GEI, within a day or so my submissions would go to G/QC and then shipped. Guess we wait to next week. LOL!

Edited by captainzombie

• Administrator
On 11/21/2023 at 8:26 AM, sd2416 said:
On 11/17/2023 at 8:41 PM, CGC Mike said:

I have been told that I will get an update by Monday afternoon.  We need to get everything straightened around first.

:popcorn:

The operations manager did send me an e-mail late yesterday.

"I still don't have a good update for you. The team knows about these 2 invoices, but it's tough to search for anything while a lot of our department is still not put back together yet." 

When we move items that we have stored at work, they are moved into a room with the same filing system as they had in their previous location, so that we can find the items the same way, regardless if they are in their primary location, temporary location, or a new permanent location.  As much as I've inquired about these two orders in email, and now here, its hard for me to fathom that my items, and anyone else's, cant be located while this month long move has been going on and is continuously going on. 

I’ve had a UV submission sitting in G/E/I since 11/15–doesn’t seem like too long but with unlimited value usually estimated  at 2 days I wasn’t sure if it was the move or just back-up or if there was another issue. Submission 4348249. Happy to wait if needed just wasn’t sure if UV was caught up in the delay.

I just had the most weirdest thing happen with one of my submissions. It's been sitting in GEI for almost 2 weeks, and it just a bit ago it changes right to SHIPPED. I get to see all of my grades, then when I refreshed the page to see if any of my other submissions updated, that submission that was marked as SHIPPED goes to back to GEI and can no longer see my grades.

@CGC Mike what would something like this mean?

Sub - 4347491

• Administrator
On 11/22/2023 at 11:12 AM, captainzombie said:

I just had the most weirdest thing happen with one of my submissions. It's been sitting in GEI for almost 2 weeks, and it just a bit ago it changes right to SHIPPED. I get to see all of my grades, then when I refreshed the page to see if any of my other submissions updated, that submission that was marked as SHIPPED goes to back to GEI and can no longer see my grades.

@CGC Mike what would something like this mean?

Sub - 4347491

I am not sure.  I recommend giving it a little time.  It appears that the books from that 1 submission have in fact been graded.  If it is still doing this after 1 business day, let me know.