• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, mysterio said:

Mike, will this have any effect on the FIFO issues we have been having? If you check the invoices I posted our last three group submissions (10/26, 11/2, and 11/9) have each had one modern invoice ship while another is still in GEI. I understand that FIFO can't be expected to be perfect, but waiting on our 10/26 modern to get out of GEI after having received the slabs from another group shipped to CGC in the same box is a bit frustrating.

Those might have been a result of the move which took several days.  I feel that the new setup will help things to flow more smoothly, in regards to the FIFO and other issues that people have been experiencing.

On 11/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, Willbert said:

Just to commiserate.... I'm right there with you on my 10/24 submission of 25 books. 10 modern books shipped back 11/02 and the other 15 modern with custom labels have been stuck in GEI after both sets were progressing on identical tracks. Pretty ridiculous really. The 20 Day turnaround time that CGC so proudly brags about has come and gone...no matter how they want to count it.

Just so you know, it isn’t the custom labels holding them up. One of the subs we just got back has Spidey labels while the one from the same box in GEI are regular blue. 

On 11/28/2023 at 11:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

Those might have been a result of the move which took several days.  I feel that the new setup will help things to flow more smoothly, in regards to the FIFO and other issues that people have been experiencing.

That makes sense, thanks!

On 11/23/2023 at 11:05 AM, Stefan_W said:

I just shipped out a 24 comic modern submission. I should be at CGC by next week and we will see how long things take after that.

This is my first submission in a while so fingers crossed that it goes well.

24 book modern submission shipped out from Canada on Nov 23 and arrived at CGC on Nov 28th. 

On 11/20/2023 at 3:54 PM, Chokedbyhalo said:

My order has been in GEI for over a week as well. My order before that was in GEI for 2 days before being shipped. Things have slowed down to a crawl.

Marked as shipped today! Fingers crossed CGC didn't damage my books this time unlike my last (first) order!

shipped on 10/13
delivered on 10/16
Checked in on 10/17
made it to CCS on 10/17
Shifted to QC / Finalized on 10/20??
Opened ticket on 10/20
10/23 confirmed books are in Pressing
Completed pressing on 10/31 but status is stuck on still being pressed as if 11/9. Had to confirm with support
Skipped Scheduled for Grading
Moved to G/E/I on 11/14
Skipped Grading/QC
Shipped out on 11/28

On 11/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, CGC Mike said:

Outside of some unboxing/re-arranging, the move should be completed.  

So now that that the move is complete, priority is given to the orders been there the longest (FIFO) or since they have blown past the TAT, are they focusing on the books that haven't eclipsed the posted TAT times? 

On 11/28/2023 at 8:48 AM, mysterio said:

Mike, will this have any effect on the FIFO issues we have been having? If you check the invoices I posted our last three group submissions (10/26, 11/2, and 11/9) have each had one modern invoice ship while another is still in GEI. I understand that FIFO can't be expected to be perfect, but waiting on our 10/26 modern to get out of GEI after having received the slabs from another group shipped to CGC in the same box is a bit frustrating.

FYI, the other 10/26 shipped yesterday. That was 9 calendar days after the other modern that arrived in the same box shipped. 

• Administrator
On 11/29/2023 at 10:46 AM, sd2416 said:

So now that that the move is complete, priority is given to the orders been there the longest (FIFO) or since they have blown past the TAT, are they focusing on the books that haven't eclipsed the posted TAT times? 

Our goal is to always try to take care of FIFO.  Moving everything to a different location makes this more difficult.  The team knows to keep an eye out for your 2 submissions.  I hope they are located soon.

On 11/29/2023 at 9:46 AM, sd2416 said:

I'm beginning to worry mine have moved to the backburner, as well. They have been in GEI for over two weeks.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:55 PM, Nsschenks said:

32 business days for this and still in SFG--already contacted them once and they said it should be moving shortly (a week and a half ago). At what point should I contact them again? I know times are slow right now, but sheesh 32 days for one book and zero movement?

@CGC Mike Can I throw this into mix? Was a 1 book modern sub that was received on 10/3 and hasn't moved past 'scheduled for grading'. I've contacted customer service twice since my initial contact and have heard crickets. Now at 41 business days I think... Know ya'll are busy and had the move and whatnot--but I'm getting a little nervous about this, considering it's more than 2x the listed turnaround time.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:43 AM, CGC Mike said:

Our goal is to always try to take care of FIFO.  Moving everything to a different location makes this more difficult.  The team knows to keep an eye out for your 2 submissions.  I hope they are located soon.

Gracias.  

• Administrator
On 11/29/2023 at 1:11 PM, Nsschenks said:

@CGC Mike Can I throw this into mix? Was a 1 book modern sub that was received on 10/3 and hasn't moved past 'scheduled for grading'. I've contacted customer service twice since my initial contact and have heard crickets. Now at 41 business days I think... Know ya'll are busy and had the move and whatnot--but I'm getting a little nervous about this, considering it's more than 2x the listed turnaround time.

I will send a note to customer service and see if i can find out what is going on.

• Administrator
On 11/29/2023 at 1:23 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 11/29/2023 at 1:11 PM, Nsschenks said:

I will send a note to customer service and see if i can find out what is going on.

Please PM me your submission number, @Nsschenks

On 11/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, Serpentor said:

I'm beginning to worry mine have moved to the backburner, as well. They have been in GEI for over two weeks.

Two weeks? I'm going on 4 weeks in GEI for my 10/24 submission where the other half shipped back 27 days ago. So this First In, First Out is malarkey.  

On 11/29/2023 at 2:11 PM, Nsschenks said:

'scheduled for grading'

I have a High Value in the same boat since 10/26, which means it's approaching 3× the advertised turnaround time. Meanwhile the Vintage books from the same batch of submissions were back in my hands 11/17 & an in-house signing that was checked in a week after is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I've contacted customer service, but as far as I can tell from other instances like this, they make a note in the system but I then never get any follow-up (e.g. the grading has been delayed for such and such a reason). Then I'm chasing customer service again every 3-4 weeks looking for answers. I worry too (esp since this is a High Value) b/c this has happened to me multiple times recently & the books were never found. The one exception was an in-house signature book that showed up a year after the date the label says it was signed. No explanation why it took so much longer than books of the same type and service that were sent & returned while this one was in limbo.