• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,035 posts in this topic

1 Book Unlimited Value

Dropped at UPS 1/30

Delivered/Scanned at CGC - 1/31

SFG -2/1

GEI - 2/2

G/QC - 2/5

On day 5 of an estimated 3 day turnaround.  Starting to wonder what's going on.  $700+ to grade a book and it's just sitting there.

On 2/7/2024 at 9:20 AM, BeardedBubba said:

1 Book Unlimited Value

Dropped at UPS 1/30

Delivered/Scanned at CGC - 1/31

SFG -2/1

GEI - 2/2

G/QC - 2/5

On day 5 of an estimated 3 day turnaround.  Starting to wonder what's going on.  $700+ to grade a book and it's just sitting there.

Oh wow what book was this?! Should I expect an upcharge for grading for my Giant Size Xmen 1?? They charged me like $120

My submission is still not opened since friday 26. Already contacted customer care few times . A few days ago they replied me to contact them today (wednesday) if it wasn´t opened i just contacted them and they are telling me to wait until monday :( . They say they have a big volume because of the Megacon but i been checking this thread since my submission was delivered and i see that the estimated time to open a package was around 2 days... I told them this and they are telling me now that vintage tier is the slowest , anyway i will contact them monday and see what happens

On 2/7/2024 at 9:50 AM, Jordan Morris said:

Oh wow what book was this?! Should I expect an upcharge for grading for my Giant Size Xmen 1?? They charged me like $120

It's always possible they could upcharge you if they determine your book is worth more than you declared it.  But I only paid so much because I declared it's value at $20,000.  It's a TMNT #1 first print that is in pretty decent shape.  

On 2/7/2024 at 10:13 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

My submission is still not opened since friday 26. Already contacted customer care few times . A few days ago they replied me to contact them today (wednesday) if it wasn´t opened i just contacted them and they are telling me to wait until monday :( . They say they have a big volume because of the Megacon but i been checking this thread since my submission was delivered and i see that the estimated time to open a package was around 2 days... I told them this and they are telling me now that vintage tier is the slowest , anyway i will contact them monday and see what happens

Ah, it all makes sense now. I have been checking a submission that has not been opened even though it was delivered a couple of days ago and it seemed to be taking a while compared to other recent ones to get into the system. I was started to get a little worried because it is a high value submission, but now I know why things are slower which makes me feel a lot better. 

Vintage and Magazine submissions are typically the slowest. 

On 2/7/2024 at 9:13 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

They always have some kind of excuse ready to go when things like this happens ...

A.  Delay due to NYCC intake

B.  Delay due to in house move

C.  It's the Holidays

D.  Now it's going to be Delay due to MegaCon intake

5 Comic Book  - Modern + Prescreen

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • Received and SFG on 01/25/24
  • GEI on 02/02/24
  • G/QC on 02/05/24
  • Shipped on 02/07/24 (11 days)

12 Comic Book  - Modern

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • GEI on … 

Advising someone on their submission and pressing options, even with everything going on…

What is the current real-world TAT for ccs pressing (regular track modern)? I went back some pages, but only found TATs associated with signings. Also, how competent are they on modern books (90s)? I use other pressers, but this person is looking for a quicker turnaround. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 2/7/2024 at 12:42 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Advising someone on their submission and pressing options, even with everything going on…

What is the current real-world TAT for ccs pressing (regular track modern)? I went back some pages, but only found TATs associated with signings. Also, how competent are they on modern books (90s)? I use other pressers, but this person is looking for a quicker turnaround. 

I can't speak for the timeline, but my experience using CCS a few years back was they were every bit as good as other pressers out there. 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:02 AM, workingdog said:

They always have some kind of excuse ready to go when things like this happens ...

A.  Delay due to NYCC intake

B.  Delay due to in house move

C.  It's the Holidays

D.  Now it's going to be Delay due to MegaCon intake

Well, apparently, the Delay due to MegaCon intake excuse doesn't apply to some.  MegaCon was just this past weekend, right?  Check this out:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186290255104

I had three MFT books graded on 1/24.  When did they ship?  Yesterday, 2/6.

Graded 2024 Megacon Book.jpg

Edited by workingdog
Added pic

On 2/7/2024 at 1:05 PM, workingdog said:

Well, apparently, the Delay due to MegaCon intake excuse doesn't apply to some.  MegaCon was just this past weekend, right?  Check this out:

You gotta be kidding me?  How in the world?

On 2/7/2024 at 12:19 PM, BeardedBubba said:
On 2/7/2024 at 12:05 PM, workingdog said:

You gotta be kidding me?  How in the world?

does it matter that they say "fast track"? or is that still :whatthe: 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:32 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

12 Comic Book  - Modern

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • GEI on … 

My modern slow was received and SFG 1/31, so thanks for the update, I'll be watching for new updates :cheers: 

I just texted customer service.  I opted to pay $5 for hi-res imaging with my Unlimited Value submission.  That adds 10 days to the turn around time.  So the "delay" is my own fault.  It's not really a delay.  I didn't notice the +10 days when I submitted.  Doh!  :facepalm:

On 2/7/2024 at 12:41 PM, BeardedBubba said:

I just texted customer service.  I opted to pay $5 for hi-res imaging with my Unlimited Value submission.  That adds 10 days to the turn around time.  So the "delay" is my own fault.  It's not really a delay.  I didn't notice the +10 days when I submitted.  Doh!  :facepalm:

Please don't beat yourself up.  When the Imaging Department sends you the link to download your slab images, look at the date/timestamp on the .jpg files.  And then tell me if the image was taken ten days after the grading date or if it was just a day or two.  :whistle:

On 2/6/2024 at 8:59 AM, Jordan Morris said:

My girlfriend and I bought and submitted our book to CGC here at Megacon in Orlando this weekend. It was a bigger book so I did the Unlimited Value tier. It was actually already received and now it is in G/E/I. I’m just wondering what I can expect from here on out as I never really submit at this tier so I’m just curious. 

IMG_0517.png

IMG_0518.png

Bump/update. Still listed as Grading/Quality Control. Expecting to see shipped tomorrow but idk we’ll see. IMG_0538.thumb.png.eeb1b0797b9731250bdce3eefdd23d18.png

All done!! Graded and Shipped!!‼️ Extremely happy with the grade considering where things are at right now in the market. Also happy with the grade considering me and my girlfriend bought it for $1860 raw and then graded it at the show at Megacon Orlando :)IMG_0551.thumb.png.8475cb81e0c0748c36b7e8f847c64660.png

Dropped off at Megacon CGC Drop Off 02/04

Recieved 02/05

G/E/I 02/06

G/QC 02/07

Graded and Shipped 02/08

On 2/8/2024 at 12:12 PM, Jordan Morris said:

All done!! Graded and Shipped!!‼️ Extremely happy with the grade considering where things are at right now in the market. Also happy with the grade considering me and my girlfriend bought it for $1860 raw and then graded it at the show at Megacon Orlando :)IMG_0551.thumb.png.8475cb81e0c0748c36b7e8f847c64660.png

Dropped off at Megacon CGC Drop Off 02/04

Recieved 02/05

G/E/I 02/06

G/QC 02/07

Graded and Shipped 02/08

Congrats, man!  It looks like you got a nice value bump from the grading.  My UV book shipped today too!

On 2/5/2024 at 1:12 PM, Stefan_W said:

3 book High Value submission 

Dropped off at FedEx - Jan 30

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

3 book High Value submission 

Dropped off at FedEx - Jan 30

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

This is my first high value submission that I am sending through my own account (used to send high value books through a presser), and I am really looking forward to seeing how it goes. :)