• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,014 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 11:02 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

12 Comic Book  - Modern

• Shipped 01/22/24
  • Delivered on 01/24/24
  • Received and SFG on 01/25/24
  • GEI on 02/13/24
  • G/QC and Shipped on 02/14/24 (16 days) (thumbsu

:celebration:

On 2/8/2024 at 3:38 PM, Stefan_W said:

3 book High Value submission 

Dropped off at FedEx - Jan 30

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

Credit Card charged - Feb 8

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

Shifted to G/E/I - Feb 14

On 2/15/2024 at 3:18 PM, X_Phile said:

Have this Modern Fast Track Submission that should have shipped back already (TAT Date 2/13) but hasn't even left SFG status. Good thing I paid extra for fast track :banana: 

image.thumb.png.d668aa0bba641f2316676ea8676527ef.png

I sent two MFT submissions and they arrived this past Monday, 2/12.  They were scanned in the next day, 2/13.  But as of this writing neither have shown up on my Submission Tracking.  If I don't see them listed by next Tuesday, I'll put a call into Customer Service.  And if I hear something to the effect of "Oh well we're still going through Megacon intakes" as a (scripted)  excuse, someone's going to get an earful.

Edited by workingdog
spelling

On 2/16/2024 at 10:48 AM, workingdog said:

I sent two MFT submissions and they arrived this past Monday, 2/12.  They were scanned in the next day, 2/13.  But as of this writing neither have shown up on my Submission Tracking.  If I don't see them listed by next Tuesday, I'll put a call into Customer Service.  And if I hear something to the effect of "Oh well we're still going through Megacon intakes" as a (scripted)  excuse, someone's going to get an earful.

Not sure what you mean by giving them an earful, but just in case I will put this out there as food for thought - the people you will be communicating with have no say in any part of policy, processes, or decisions. They are just taking the calls or texts and doing the best they can while being at the front lines and dealing directly with the customer base. Complaints are valid, of course, but I would default to polite mixed with an understanding of how stressful customer service work can be sometimes. 

On 2/16/2024 at 12:33 PM, Stefan_W said:

Not sure what you mean by giving them an earful, but just in case I will put this out there as food for thought - the people you will be communicating with have no say in any part of policy, processes, or decisions. They are just taking the calls or texts and doing the best they can while being at the front lines and dealing directly with the customer base. Complaints are valid, of course, but I would default to polite mixed with an understanding of how stressful customer service work can be sometimes. 

This from the person who said Vintage and Magazine submissions are typically the slowest.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/262409-current-turn-around-rates-at-cgc/?do=findComment&comment=13090450

And please don't get me started on Customer Service.  You can tell this by when you speak with them.  Some don't have a clue.  Some are there to just phone it in.  However, there are a few who do go above and beyond and will escalate a matter it something seems amiss which is when I typically call.

On 2/16/2024 at 1:50 PM, workingdog said:

This from the person who said Vintage and Magazine submissions are typically the slowest.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/262409-current-turn-around-rates-at-cgc/?do=findComment&comment=13090450

And please don't get me started on Customer Service.  You can tell this by when you speak with them.  Some don't have a clue.  Some are there to just phone it in.  However, there are a few who do go above and beyond and will escalate a matter it something seems amiss which is when I typically call.

Ok, thanks for clearing up what you meant when you said "earful." 

I get your frustration. You do you. 

On 2/14/2024 at 1:25 PM, Stefan_W said:

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

Shifted to G/E/I - Feb 14

Nice size extra charge added to my credit card - Feb 14

Looks like something bumped to unlimited and I could not be happier :banana:

Figure this will be done very soon and I'll be wearing out my F5 key until it goes through. 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Slow boat modern 4 books

Delivered late 1/29/24

Going to scooooot this on in there:

Package tracking marked delivered in tracking tool. 1/30/24

Received sfg 1/31/24

Gei ??

Qc or shipped ??

Slow boat modern 4 books

Delivered late 1/29/24

Received sfg 1/31/24

Gei 2/19/24

Qc or shipped ??

On 2/19/2024 at 9:21 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Slow boat modern 4 books

Delivered late 1/29/24

Received sfg 1/31/24

Gei 2/19/24

Qc or shipped ??

Slow boat modern 4 books

Delivered late 1/29/24

Received sfg 1/31/24

Gei 2/19/24

Qc 2/20/24. :makepoint:

Was so close  :roflmao:

Or shipped ??

On 2/20/2024 at 6:14 PM, Point Five said:

I've got a Vintage slow boat submission stuck in GEI for a week+ now.

Received 1/4/24, estimate is 30 days... by my count, it's on Day 32 as of today.  zzz 

My High Value has been sitting in GEI for a week and counting. I texted support about it and he reassured me that the books are in the queue for encapsulation, but the line is very long right now. I think it may be a ripple effect from the glut of Megacon submissions. Anyway, I was told that things are moving out pretty much at the listed TATs right now so it does not surprise me that some are taking a couple of days past that.