• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,110 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2024 at 6:14 PM, Point Five said:

I've got a Vintage slow boat submission stuck in GEI for a week+ now.

Received 1/4/24, estimate is 30 days... by my count, it's on Day 32 as of today.  zzz 

Finally some movement today. Quality Control, baby! And that shouldn't take long at all!  :banana:

On 2/21/2024 at 8:45 AM, Point Five said:

Finally some movement today. Quality Control, baby! And that shouldn't take long at all!  :banana:

:taptaptap: you would think, going on nearly 24 hours of it myself lol :baiting::jokealert:

On 2/21/2024 at 9:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:taptaptap: you would think, going on nearly 24 hours of it myself lol :baiting::jokealert:

I had **three weeks** of it in my last submission. But man, those slabs were just pure quality.

On 2/21/2024 at 9:08 AM, Point Five said:

I had **three weeks** of it in my last submission. But man, those slabs were just pure quality.

Good to hear.

Lord willing sometime today, just excited! :banana: It is a race to the finish for both of us! :headbang: 

Got an Unlimited Value book that's been in GEI since last Thursday.  Any idea whats going on with UV submissions?  I'm confused almost everytime I send stuff in now.  I send a prescreen 9.8 modern and it's in and out in 12 days.  I sent a high value tier and it sits for 50 days now. A UV that gets real expensive real quick has spent 6 days in GEI seems rediculous.  I don't usually stress about this but did they shut down for Presidents day or something?  At least that would make a little more sense.

image.thumb.png.382b28faaebd9619bfbc0f157fa46c33.png

Slow boat modern 4 books

Delivered late 1/29/24

Going to scooooot this on in there:

Package tracking marked delivered in tracking tool. 1/30/24

Received sfg 1/31/24

Gei 2/19/24

Qc 2/20/24. :makepoint:

Was so close  :roflmao:

Or shipped 2/21/24

On 2/15/2024 at 3:18 PM, X_Phile said:

Have this Modern Fast Track Submission that should have shipped back already (TAT Date 2/13) but hasn't even left SFG status. Good thing I paid extra for fast track :banana: 

image.thumb.png.d668aa0bba641f2316676ea8676527ef.png

@X_Phile  Did you ever see any movement on your submission?

The two MFT submissions I sent in which were scanned on 2/13 STILL have not made it to my Submission Tracking list.  I did call Customer Service yesterday and was told the submissions have been in Receiving so I don't know what the heck Receiving is doing with them.

On 2/14/2024 at 1:25 PM, Stefan_W said:

3 book High Value submission 

Dropped off at FedEx - Jan 30

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

Credit Card charged - Feb 8

Shifted to G/E/I - Feb 14

Nice size extra charge added to my credit card - Feb 14

Looks like something bumped to unlimited and I could not be happier :banana:

3 book High Value submission 

Dropped off at FedEx - Jan 30

Arrived at CGC - Feb 5

Opened and SFG - Feb 8

Credit Card charged - Feb 8

Shifted to G/E/I - Feb 14

Nice size extra charge added to my credit card - Feb 14

Q/C - Feb 21 

Shipped - Feb 21

This is day 10 after the box was opened so they made the TAT! While I have submitted high value books through others, this is my first time doing it myself and I could not be happier with how it all worked out :) 

On 2/21/2024 at 11:59 AM, Johnny V said:

Got an Unlimited Value book that's been in GEI since last Thursday.  Any idea whats going on with UV submissions?  I'm confused almost everytime I send stuff in now.  I send a prescreen 9.8 modern and it's in and out in 12 days.  I sent a high value tier and it sits for 50 days now. A UV that gets real expensive real quick has spent 6 days in GEI seems rediculous.  I don't usually stress about this but did they shut down for Presidents day or something?  At least that would make a little more sense.

image.thumb.png.382b28faaebd9619bfbc0f157fa46c33.png

Several posters, me included, noticed delays at the encapsulation stage. Not sure why - could be a broken machine or something? Every other part of the process seems normal except delays in that one spot. 

On 2/21/2024 at 11:03 AM, workingdog said:

@X_Phile  Did you ever see any movement on your submission?

The two MFT submissions I sent in which were scanned on 2/13 STILL have not made it to my Submission Tracking list.  I did call Customer Service yesterday and was told the submissions have been in Receiving so I don't know what the heck Receiving is doing with them.

It's all good.  Both submissions just hit Submission Tracking :)

Has anyone else been having long delays with magazine pressing submissions?

I sent in a few high value magazines that have been stuck at "CCS in process" for 8 weeks now (vs. the 10 day turnaround time on the CGC website). I'm starting to get nervous that they may have lost them. :/

On 2/22/2024 at 8:31 PM, captainzombie said:

It appears they are opening packages within a day from most posts.

Based on my own experience they were opening up packages same day prior to Megacon, and then slowed down during that glut of submissions. But I only send in orders now and again so maybe my experience not typical. 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:41 PM, Stefan_W said:

Based on my own experience they were opening up packages same day prior to Megacon, and then slowed down during that glut of submissions. But I only send in orders now and again so maybe my experience not typical. 

I remember when things slowed down right around Megacon as I had a submission I sent right before then. Hoping that they have gotten caught up from Megacon, which it seems like for the most part, they might have.