• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,716 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2024 at 11:17 AM, FigaroToe said:

my 9/9 arrival is still SFG. Is it too soon to reach out to ask what the hold up is? I can be patient and wait, just wondering if this exceeds a certain threshold.

I have a few modern tier subs from 9/13 that have still been sitting at SFG. It appears that today they started getting to the 8/28 books because I have a few subs from then where one finally got shipped this morning, so we are a few weeks away from September unfortunately.

On 10/15/2024 at 11:17 AM, FigaroToe said:

my 9/9 arrival is still SFG. Is it too soon to reach out to ask what the hold up is? I can be patient and wait, just wondering if this exceeds a certain threshold.

Nah you got a couple more weeks or so before anything happens. 

Vintage bulk grading, under the july special. Large lot received as 8/1, and was SFG all the way until yesterday, when it finally went G/E/I. I am ok that it appears my lot is on the slower than 46 working day as listed, and I believe slower than other vintage bulk grading lots listed in this thread, as at least now I see lot has moved. As long as books are graded without major newton ring,or banana bend issues, a (more than) few extra days on vintage books is fine.

Books are past encapsulation.  Still keeping my fingers crossed that they're flat and not bent.  Or that no other issue occurred with "QC" and shipping.

Tier (also list FastTrack where applicable): Modern
TAT as of Receipt Date: 15 days
Number of books: 2
Shipped to Sarasota: unknown (hand delivered by One Stop Comic Shop as part of GalaxyCon SJ [8/15-8/17] submissions)
Received by S&R: unknown
CGC Entered/Received: unknown

Verified: unknown
Scheduled for Grading: 8/27

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 9/25
Shipped/Safe: 10/16
Received (by owner): TBD

On 10/15/2024 at 2:46 PM, miraclemet said:

Had my high value Vintage finally move from CCS to Scheduled for Grading, so here's my updated list 

CGCtracking.thumb.JPG.ad5d47e5e46fc8e05923f9927d9d67f2.JPG

High value takes 2 months in CCS ? 😮 They forgot your books inside the press?

Edited by Mijael.Levy

On 10/8/2024 at 3:15 PM, Stefan_W said:

2 Vintage comics Pulp

Arrived at CGC - July 29

SFG - Aug 6

G/E/I - Sept 10

Q/C - Oct 7

Shipped - Oct 8

Definitely not expecting a pickup today but grateful it went to shipped status so I can see the results :) Nice touch there by the CGC team and much appreciated!

Well this one is an adventure. The shipment circled around Florida and was sent back to CGC on Monday. The shipment info said there was an issue with the address, even though I have not changed anything and having been using the same one for CGC submissions. I just got an email from CGC saying that an $80 re-ship fee will be added to my account. I sent a message back asking why since the address on file is correct and I have not changed anything in any way. The mistake was either FedEx not having the capacity to move it right after the hurricane or CGC putting on an incorrect label, and either way I am not sure why I am the one paying an extra $80 USD. 

My vintage bulk comic grading, received 8/1, shows Shipped as of today! Huzzah, merriment abounds. Mini cherubs holding hands are dancing in circles above my head. I dare say, the clouds even look a bit poofier normal. Little over 2.5 months, but all good things to those who wait.