• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

I called about my books that were submitted at the end of Jul and they informed me that they are presently grading books submitted at the end of June. They received them in Aug, most likely middle of.

Seems like a long time. I'm hoping they are careful, but I've had books damaged by them before and I would think it's more likely to happen again the longer they sit there.

I know this point has been brought up before but one would think it's not in their benefit to have that many books sitting around all the time for insurance purposes. I guess it's a toss up between rushing them through the process or taking their careful time...

The Modern service is currently running at around 144 elapsed days from received to shipped (of that figure, grading to shipping is around 3 elapsed weeks) so received on 7/15 should ship around 12/6. At this current moment, 100 business days is now fairly accurate and should improve as the major convention slabs are all shipped.

Estimated times for Moderns is still set at 20 days - CGC still need to address this misleading nonsense both on the website and the submission forms.

And I thought they got behind last year.... :(
Just think how bad it would be if you weren't paying for graders' notes and paying higher sub fees.

I think the next step is to cut off all communication from the outside world, except written letters. Then, a new rate hike combined with redefining the tiers.* That should get them caught up. Or at least slow down the accumulation of a backlog.

*I can't take credit for this idea. It was given to me.

Just think how bad it would be if you weren't paying for graders' notes and paying higher sub fees.

I think the next step is to cut off all communication from the outside world, except written letters. Then, a new rate hike combined with redefining the tiers.* That should get them caught up. Or at least slow down the accumulation of a backlog.

I like the cut of your jib.

hm

You've never even seen my jib.

Wait, what's a jib?

I saw your jib. I'm good at seeing through clothes. And smiles.

It's hard to hide that large of a bulge. Pardon me while I blush.

Wait, what's a jib?

How did it get cut? :)

*spoon* dentata

Wait, what's a jib?

*spoon* dentata

lol

Wait, what's a jib?

*spoon* dentata

Don't queef on my glory, gingerbread. :sumo: