• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,047 posts in this topic

My 8/31/12 submission included six invoices (78 books in total). So far 3 of the 6 invoices (all moderns so far) have been graded. None of them have been shipped yet but I did get the grades.

So far the 9.8s include:

Chew 1

Walking Dead 10, 12, 25, 27, 28, 29, 33

Chew 2 (x2)

New Mutants 98

Thief of Thieves 1 & 2

Kick 1 Sketch Cover Variant

Chew 3

Uncanny X-Men 133

Secret Wars 8

Hit Girl 1 Sketch Cover Variant

Incredible Hulk 340 (x2)

Fatale 1

Still no 9.9s or 10.0s for me yet.

Could you see the grades on the website? Did they tell you on the phone? Or could you just tell from the website that they passed a pre-screen?

I submitted the books under Metropolis's account. They were able to look up the invoices to see the grades on the ones that were completed.

So the books had been shipped?

None of them are shipped yet.

On a hunch, I called Metro and asked them to look up the invoice numbers.

Who called and got the grades?

I called Metro, I think they looked up the grades online and sent a copy to my e-mail.

Did Metro give you any grades on book less than 9.8?

So, the original reason I dropped by this thread was to post my turnaround time on a value tier that shipped today, CGC received it on 9/4. That is 90 business days not including Con days or holidays, much sooner then I was expecting.

Edited by MastrCntrlProgram

So, the original reason I dropped by this thread was to post my turnaround time on a value tier that shipped today, CGC received it on 9/24. That is 76 business days not including Con days, much soon then I was expecting.

Yeah. I'm amazed at the speed at which it flew through there.

Did Metro give you any grades on book less than 9.8?

Yes, I got grades on all of the books on the first three invoices.

I just listed the 9.8s because I was excited about them.

The two low grades were Cry for Dawn 1 (2nd print) 9.2 and Uncanny X-men 138 8.0.

There were four other 9.8s and everything else came back 9.6 so far.

My 8/31/12 submission included six invoices (78 books in total). So far 3 of the 6 invoices (all moderns so far) have been graded. None of them have been shipped yet but I did get the grades.

So far the 9.8s include:

Chew 1

Walking Dead 10, 12, 25, 27, 28, 29, 33

Chew 2 (x2)

New Mutants 98

Thief of Thieves 1 & 2

Kick 1 Sketch Cover Variant

Chew 3

Uncanny X-Men 133

Secret Wars 8

Hit Girl 1 Sketch Cover Variant

Incredible Hulk 340 (x2)

Fatale 1

Still no 9.9s or 10.0s for me yet.

Could you see the grades on the website? Did they tell you on the phone? Or could you just tell from the website that they passed a pre-screen?

I submitted the books under Metropolis's account. They were able to look up the invoices to see the grades on the ones that were completed.

So the books had been shipped?

I was curious because the rest of us unwashed masses can't get the grades until the invoices are marked as "Shipped".

I was curious because the rest of us unwashed masses can't get the grades until the invoices are marked as "Shipped".

Before I hooked up with Metro CGC only knew me as Clown Shoes.

Aaaaaand, there's the payoff folks. So some submitters can get grades before a book ships? Am I reading the last few posts incorrectly? Don't want to look like a conspiracy nut to all the apologists.

Aaaaaand, there's the payoff folks. So some submitters can get grades before a book ships? Am I reading the last few posts incorrectly? Don't want to look like a conspiracy nut to all the apologists.

I think you're just jealous.

:baiting:

I think you're just jealous.

:baiting:

Anyone can consign their books to Comic Connect (Metro). It's cheaper than using ebay.

So, the original reason I dropped by this thread was to post my turnaround time on a value tier that shipped today, CGC received it on 9/24. That is 76 business days not including Con days, much soon then I was expecting.

That's weird. My values from 8/22 are still scheduled for grading.

That's weird. My values from 8/22 are still scheduled for grading.

Call Metro and see if they can get your grades for you.

Gotta agree, it doesn't look good.

ALCOA's numbers were so strong because of all the tinfoil hats on the CGC Boards.

ALCOA's numbers were so strong because of all the tinfoil hats on the CGC Boards.

:preach:

I'm just going off what he posted. Either his info is wrong or something else is going on. Besides, everyone knows tinfoil only goes so far. I have special shampoo to keep them from reading my thoughts.

1 Value Tier invoice (pre-screens) from 8/30 marked "Shipped/Safe." Woo hoo.

1 Value Tier invoice (pre-screens) from 8/30 marked "Graded." Ok.

2 Value Tier invoices (pre-screens) from 8/30 marked "Scheduled for Grading." Hmm.

1 Modern invoice (pre-screens) from 8/30 marked "Verified." Ugh.