• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

None of them are shipped yet.

On a hunch, I called Metro and asked them to look up the invoice numbers.

I was curious because the rest of us unwashed masses can't get the grades until the invoices are marked as "Shipped".

Aaaaaand, there's the payoff folks. So some submitters can get grades before a book ships? Am I reading the last few posts incorrectly? Don't want to look like a conspiracy nut to all the apologists.

You look like a nut conspiracy or no.

So, the original reason I dropped by this thread was to post my turnaround time on a value tier that shipped today, CGC received it on 9/24. That is 76 business days not including Con days, much soon then I was expecting.

That's weird. My values from 8/22 are still scheduled for grading.

Oh shoot, I just double checked and I wrote the wrong date. The correct date is 9/04/12, I need to go back to OP and change that.

So, the original reason I dropped by this thread was to post my turnaround time on a value tier that shipped today, CGC received it on 9/24. That is 76 business days not including Con days, much soon then I was expecting.

That's weird. My values from 8/22 are still scheduled for grading.

Oh shoot, I just double checked and I wrote the wrong date. The correct date is 9/04/12, I need to go back to OP and change that.

That makes a little more sense. Maybe in a few weeks mine will be shipped too. :banana:

To my surprise a value order dated 9/24 switched to "scheduled for grading" today. thats only 3 1/2 versus expected 6 months at 120 business days. Granted actual shipping can vary widely.

It could be two weeks before they are graded and another 3-4 before they get shipped. So you are still fairly close to the 120 estimate. If I am wrong I would be happy about it since it appears CGC is doing some catchup, Catsup or Ketchup

I remember toward the end of 2010, CGC was starting to fall behind on all tiers but were able to catch back up before the con season started ramping back up again in 2011. They started falling behind again toward the middle of the con season in 2011 and never caught back up before 2012's season began.

I was optimistic that CGC would start catching up once the majority of cons ended given that they said they hired more graders and they're working 6 days a week. However, I'm not seeing them put much of a dent in TAT's yet and the con season will be here before you know it. By this point in the game, they should have reduced TAT's by about half of what they were 3 months ago if they were going to return to a state of normalcy before some of the major cons started. I'm pulling for CGC, but things don't look like they're going to change in 2013. :(

I remember toward the end of 2010, CGC was starting to fall behind on all tiers but were able to catch back up before the con season started ramping back up again in 2011.
I'm not sure they've been completely caught up on all tiers for further back than that.

I guess my 200 books can stay raw in 2013.

If you submit them today through a regular tier, there's a damn good chance that they will. :gossip:

I remember toward the end of 2010, CGC was starting to fall behind on all tiers but were able to catch back up before the con season started ramping back up again in 2011.
I'm not sure they've been completely caught up on all tiers for further back than that.

I can remember a brief moment when everything was on time.

Submitting modern comics through the regular tier and having them back in your hand in a month. :cloud9:

In emailing back and forth with Eric, he says that grading is catching up fast but the encapsulation is the big hold up right now.

Is there a reason they won't buy a second one? I know there's a cost, but if pencil up in Oregon can fund one in his mom's garage, I don't see what the problem is.

ESPECIALLY given the fact that they are doing THREE onsite grading events this year. :mad:

In emailing back and forth with Eric, he says that grading is catching up fast but the encapsulation is the big hold up right now.

Always has been. And if you had to pick a stage in the process where you wanted the most care possible, it would be encapsulation. As hard as they might try, you have to assume everyone knows how far behind they are and rushing things through is always at the back of everyones mind.

Always has been. And if you had to pick a stage in the process where you wanted the most care possible, it would be encapsulation. As hard as they might try, you have to assume everyone knows how far behind they are and rushing things through is always at the back of everyones mind.

Thank God the books are considered "graded" yet.