• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

10/31 modern sub (8 books) went to Scheduled for Grading today.

:whee::whee::whee:

Hit graded today, 10 business days after moving to "scheduled for grading". At 89 business days and counting since the invoice date.

Please let us know how your Wolverine 35 turns out. Or at least let Dice know.

:insane:

(shrug) You might have my sub confused with someone elses?

lol

No. Just busting his onions like he busts everyone elses. It's Dice's favorite book now with CGC.

Ah. (thumbs u

Are the TATs supposed to correspond to getting grades or to shipping? I seem to remember hearing that they were supposed to be for grades only, but that is sort of irrelevant if they don't reveal grades until the books ship now...

They correspond to when the books are supposed to have been shipped out from CGC.

Hit graded today, 10 business days after moving to "scheduled for grading". At 89 business days and counting since the invoice date.

lol

No. Just busting his onions like he busts everyone elses. It's Dice's favorite book now with CGC.

I'm thinking of two words.

Sounds like, "truck"

Sounds like, "blue"

lol

I'm thinking of two words.

Sounds like, "truck"

Sounds like, "blue"

Chuck Shoe?

Sent in books for reholder service.

8 Slabs

verified 03/04

Shipped/Safe 03/06

:o

Not sure if this is an error. I thought it would be delayed at the encapsulation machine.

I may not understand how this is done, but I didn't think they used the encapsulation machine for reholders..... they just snap a new hard plastic holder around the previously encapsulated book.

8 Slabs

verified 03/04

Shipped/Safe 03/06

Not sure if this is an error. I thought it would be delayed at the encapsulation machine.

dang still waiting on my modern ft invoice date 2/14 graded last wed

still not shipped

8 Slabs

verified 03/04

Shipped/Safe 03/06

Reholders are turned around fairly fast. I don't believe they are the cause of any delays that anyone has pointed out.

Not unless the USPS has raised its quota on number of encased books to smash during delivery.

I may not understand how this is done, but I didn't think they used the encapsulation machine for reholders..... they just snap a new hard plastic holder around the previously encapsulated book.

Nah, they put in new labels and micro chamber paper. So it has to be encapsulated again.

8 Slabs

verified 03/04

Shipped/Safe 03/06

dang still waiting on my modern ft invoice date 2/14 graded last wed

still not shipped

Thats why it was such a big surprise. I know other people have graded books waiting for encapsulation.

Nah, they put in new labels and micro chamber paper. So it has to be encapsulated again.

I think they stopped using microchamber paper.

I thought that was public knowledge. I've seen people here comment on it and the last 5 or 6 books I've cracked didn't have it in them.

I thought that was public knowledge. I've seen people here comment on it and the last 5 or 6 books I've cracked didn't have it in them.

It's probably for the best.

It's probably for the best.

Weird. When I called and spoke with Eric about the reholder I asked if they would be replacing the micro chamber paper and he said yes.

Wonder if it was force of habit.

We still use micro chamber paper. Every book. If some got through - let us know.

:juggle:

We still use micro chamber paper. Every book. If some got through - let us know.

:juggle:

I'm not sure there is some way to tell without cracking the case open. Though some books with high-gloss pages seem to allow the chamber paper to slide out easier, and then it is easy to detect its presence.