• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,037 posts in this topic

Let me ask you guys this. Let's say you pay an up charge to fly first class with no layovers. Come the day of the flight, the airline decides to stick you in coach and you have 2 layovers in other cities. They don't give you a refund. You would be kinda mad right?

They are doing the same thing to us. Just saying.

Edited by jreezy

Let me ask you guys this. Let's say you pay an up charge to fly first class with no layovers. Come the day of the flight, the airline decides to stick you in coach and you have 2 layovers in other cities. They don't give you a refund. You would be kinda mad right?

PREACH ON Brother Jreezy!!!!!!!

WonderCon 2013 Books (3/29 - 3/31):

Modern Fast Track:

Received - 4/3

Scheduled for Grading - TBD

Graded / Graded - Quality Control - TBD

Verified - 4/9

Graded - 4/16

Based on that, it looks like they're ahead of schedule. I count 9 business days.

Does anyone know how long it takes from being graded to go through encapsulation to quality control?

Graded - Quality Control - 4/25 (15 business days from submission)

Got my grades and I'm pretty happy about it. A little disappointed in a couple, but not too surprised.

Now, I have to wait for CGC to ship them.

Also, CGC will be working this Saturday to catch up on some books. So, happy to hear they are doing some things to move things along.

You can always use a different airline and not use the airline that screwed up your reservation.

You can always use a different airline and not use the airline that screwed up your reservation.

Exactly. Cgc has a monopoly since Pgx sucks

ahh another sympathizer of the Empire...hahaha

And you know they have a monopoly

Not defending or sympathizing. I don't like the long waits either, but once I send the books in, it's out of my control.

You can also choose not to fly first class.

Not defending or sympathizing. I don't like the long waits either, but once I send the books in, it's out of my control.

I did choose that. It took 167 days...

Fast Track is intended to be "fast" and they still are not on time and do not refund fees.

All this proves is you accept it, and we that complain do not.

Basically CGC has no Guaranteed Service and I would be scared to see thier cost on that......

I wish there really was a competitive company.

ford vs Chevy, McDonalds vs Burger King...

the list goes on and on of reputable competition in the free sector EXCEPT grading comics...

Will this ever change????

Exactly. Cgc has a monopoly since Pgx sucks

I'd rather keep my comics than let them sit in purgatory for 6 months.

I did choose that. It took 167 days...

Fast Track is intended to be "fast" and they still are not on time and do not refund fees.

All this proves is you accept it, and we that complain do not.

Basically CGC has no Guaranteed Service and I would be scared to see thier cost on that......

I wish there really was a competitive company.

ford vs Chevy, McDonalds vs Burger King...

the list goes on and on of reputable competition in the free sector EXCEPT grading comics...

Will this ever change????

Some people 'need' to fly places, very few people 'need' to have 3rd parties grade books filled with pictures of superheroes fighting aliens.

In your example, the people who pay for first class (fast track) are paying to get something roughly 4x better than the coach or 'slow track'.

Its more like you paid for first class, and at the airport they said "we're sticking you in coach, but we're sticking the original coach people in with the luggage" I'm not super happy about it, but I recognize that the premium I paid has some value. And if I paid for coach, I'm REALLY not happy, but I still need to fly to China/Sweden/NYC...or do I?

IF someone is in a place where your livelihood depends on getting CGC'd books back by certain deadlines and CGC isn't meeting your expectations, maybe there are some hard decisions to be made...

IF someone thinks its so easy and profitable to be a competitor company... well I have honestly no idea, maybe it is easy.

Received on 4/4

Stayed on received until I called on the 23rd and asked what the hold up was. It's on track to arrive to me tomorrow. So in two days it went from received to shipped/safe. Still past the TATs, but at least they're coming tomorrow.

Wonder if anyone ever filed a BBB report.

Wonder if anyone ever filed a BBB report.

I'd hate to see their grades on the next submission. :eek:

My modern submission took about 3 months to get graded and shipped back to me, actually a little less than 3 months. I think CGC is getting better with their turnaround times. Let's give em a little credit

Lets NOT give them credit.

My modern submission took exactly 177 Days.

Which is around the 100 business days CGC had listed on their site as the turnaround time for moderns when you subbed your books.

My 1/28/2013 regular modern submission shipped today - there's no doubt TATs for the regular tiers are improving.

Got my grades and I'm pretty happy about it. A little disappointed in a couple, but not too surprised. Now, I have to wait for CGC to ship them.

I thought grades weren't available until books were marked as: SHIPPED

Did this recently change?

Got my grades and I'm pretty happy about it. A little disappointed in a couple, but not too surprised. Now, I have to wait for CGC to ship them.

I thought grades weren't available until books were marked as: SHIPPED

Did this recently change?

I called and they did tell me that it was out of Quality Control and getting ready to be shipped. As I have yet to renew my account with CGC, I don't know if it is truly marked as shipped. I hope that makes sense.

Jreezy and DiceX are right...

dont give credit to them when they take your money up front and dont deliver on time...

I submitted foreign books and even gave htem the correct indicia information and they STILL got it incorrect becasue they have to "research" themselves...

hookers are more precise than CGC....

I meant giving them a little credit on speeding up their turnaround times compared to what it was last year and the years before that. It took much longer back then compared to now from what I've been seeing. It still takes a while to get your books back, but it seems like they are slowly catching up.

The major problem I have a pickle on are the $5 processing fee and the way CGC raised their prices for each tier given how books are not graded at the expected turnaround time you pay for. If they are lagging in grading the books, I think they should have kept the costs to us the same or perhaps a small discount.

Edited by Dark Knight