• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,038 posts in this topic

My biggest complaint is not about the 5$ invoice fee, I just don't get how they charge 10$ extra a book for fast tracking and the books are never done on time. The site says 10 buisness days for turn around, books marked received 4/1 graded yesterday 4/25. Now I'm not a rocket scientist but that's a couple more days than 10

Edited by Jking3437

My biggest complaint is not about the 5$ invoice fee, I just don't get how they charge 10$ extra a book for fast tracking and the books are never done on time. The site says 10 buisness days for turn around, books marked received 4/1 graded yesterday 4/25. Now I'm not a rocket scientist but that's a couple more days than 10
Without being an apologist, they do use the word "estimated" not "guaranteed" when talking about the turnaround times.

Without being an apologist, they do use the word "estimated" not "guaranteed" when talking about the turnaround times.

Perhaps you missed this, so I'll quote it again...

Posted on 11/12/2007

CGC Continues Fast Track Service

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

Posted on 11/12/2007

After reviewing the success of this trial program, CGC has decided to continue to offer our Fast Track service, a rush service available in conjunction with Modern, Economy and Value Tiers. For a service charge of $8 per book added to regular tier fees, CGC will cut the turnaround time in half. Modern Tier Fast Track submissions will be graded and shipped within 10 business days, and Economy and Value Tier Fast Track submissions will be completed within 20 business days.

A few important notes: This service is not available for Standard, Express or Walkthrough submissions. In the rare event that a Fast Track submission does not meet its stated turnaround time (above), the $8 per book fee will be rebated to the submitter. Fast Track is also available for Economy and Modern Tier Pre-Screen submissions. To request this service using regular paper CGC submission forms, simply write FAST TRACK prominently on the submission from and add the $8 per book charge to your invoice total. Note that new printed submission forms have a Fast Track box, which should be checked when this service is requested. When using the online submission from, select the appropriate FAST TRACK tier from the pull-down menu. Fast Track service requests apply to all submission on a particular invoice, and therefore must be submitted separately from books being processed at normal turnaround times.

For questions about submissions and services, please contact CGC at 1-877-NM-COMIC or by email to service@cgccomics.com.

I did miss that, has anyone pressed to have the $8 returned to them?

Posted on 11/12/2007

I did miss that, has anyone pressed to have the $8 returned to them?

Is this still on the website? If so, an industrious lawyer should organize for a small class action lawsuit.

But otherwise it looks like something from 2007 with old prices and outdated information.

FYI, they claim fast track turnaround time is 1/2 that of modern or economy. By current conservative estimates, fast track is 3 times faster than modern (at least), and 5x faster than economy.

Also, no one is saying we all shouldn't be mad because stuff is slower than advertised. WE are, and should be. And nothing wrong with venting. But also nothing wrong with recognizing that improvements are being made, turnaround times are improving (on average, not in every specific case), and that they are TRYING.

Now does that mean that someone who paid for fast track doesn't deserve their money back? I'm not sure. If someone can find somewhere (please provide a link) where it says specific turnaround times are guaranteed, I would say they probably do, and people should pursue refunds of fast track fees. Otherwise, your best bet is probably writing letters/emails to CGC staff, telling them you won't pay for more CGC until turnaround times improve.

Posted on 11/12/2007

So they say they'll cut the turn-around time in half. Moderns are listed at being 90 business days right now. Doesn't that mean that they'll refund when the Fast Tracks take 45 business days to come back? :insane:

Posted on 11/12/2007

So they say they'll cut the turn-around time in half. Moderns are listed at being 90 business days right now. Doesn't that mean that they'll refund when the Fast Tracks take 45 business days to come back? :insane:

"Doesn't meet the stated turnaround"

The half turnaround was before they were posting actual turnaround times for FT on the website.

The CGC website says "10 days" for modern FT.

They are over that.

As a matter o fact, I looked through my past invoices and my last 4 FT submissions were all late by many days.

Will I get a check or just get a credit on the account?

Posted on 11/12/2007

The half turnaround was before they were posting actual turnaround times for FT on the website.

They are over that.

As a matter o fact, I looked through my past invoices and my last 4 FT submissions were all late by many days.

Your quote is also from 2007 when FT rates were $8 more, not $10 like they are now. After all this time, do you REALLY think that CGC cares that they are running behind on FTs and will refund anyone their money? There is a better chance of Dupcake going legit selling comics and e-bay becoming seller friendly than there is of CGC giving refunds because the Fast Track service is running behind. :whistle:

Posted on 11/12/2007

They are over that.

Your quote is also from 2007 when FT rates were $8 more, not $10 like they are now. After all this time, do you REALLY think that CGC cares that they are running behind on FTs and will refund anyone their money? There is a better chance of Dupcake going legit selling comics and e-bay becoming seller friendly than there is of CGC giving refunds because the Fast Track service is running behind. :whistle:

Since they've never stated that the turnaround is no longer guaranteed, a blind man would guess that they still guarantee it.

Posted on 11/12/2007

They are over that.

Since they've never stated that the turnaround is no longer guaranteed, a blind man would guess that they still guarantee it.

Then call them and demand your refund.

Anyone complaining about the fact that Fast Tracks are running late and not calling CGC on the phone and confronting them is just posturing and whining just to hear themselves cry. Posting about it here on the boards won't get anything done about it. Call them or get off the pot. :baiting:

Posted on 11/12/2007

They are over that.

Anyone complaining about the fact that Fast Tracks are running late and not calling CGC on the phone and confronting them is just posturing and whining just to hear themselves cry. Posting about it here on the boards won't get anything done about it. Call them or get off the pot. :baiting:

I called. They laughed at me.

That's why I'm raising nine kinds of mess smell about it here.

Posted on 11/12/2007

They are over that.

I'll give you credit, at least you called.

Not like a lot of these other numpties. :tonofbricks:

It's not like its a shock that they are falling behind. Convention season is ramping up again, and add the fact that they haven't consistently been on time in all levels of submissions in over 10 years, and you have a recipe for ticked-off customers.

Posted on 11/12/2007

They are over that.

spock.jpg