• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

Seriously thinking of not shipping anything for the rest of the year. It'd suck to be in the flipping biz right now with these delays.

Yeah, waiting an extra week for those modern FTs can really screw with ones business model :ohnoez:

Seriously thinking of not shipping anything for the rest of the year. It'd suck to be in the flipping biz right now with these delays.

Yeah, waiting an extra week for those modern FTs can really screw with ones business model :ohnoez:

Only if the delay causes you to get the books the day after they cancel the TV series instead of two weeks before.

:roflmao:

Only if the delay causes you to get the books the day after they cancel the TV series instead of two weeks before.

:roflmao:

Wait... what is that sound??

tumblr_mhufznZOUb1qhrr12o1_400.gif

-slym ( :whistle: )

Fastracked books on March 29th

Still dont have them

20 business days i was told

today would be the 34th Business Day.

Is this normal and reasonable ????????

Something is wrong here. I had an FT Invoice received at CGC 4/14 delivered back to me on 5/10.

Have you called to see if they've got them in the system incorrect?

Still dont have them

Something is wrong here. I had an FT Invoice received at CGC 4/14 delivered back to me on 5/10.

These aren't moderns.

I have some Econ FT books that were handed over from CCS on April 30th. I am not even going to bother thinking about them until late June, the 20 day current time noted is far from accurate.

Still dont have them

These aren't moderns.

They are Bronze.

Is that normal for Bronze to be over 34 business days ?????

Modern FT submission:

Received 4/22

Graded 5/07

Grading/Quality Control 5/08

On the 12th business day. Hopefully it'll be shipped soon.

Modern FT

Still on Grading/Quality Control 5/13

Shipped/Verified on 5/14

16 business day TAT

You clearly haven't been checking out the Sixth Gun thread. Sky. Is. Falling. So yes dude, even a day or two can be brutal for flips.

You clearly haven't been checking out the Sixth Gun thread. Sky. Is. Falling. So yes dude, even a day or two can be brutal for flips.

I have - and I've been laughing my azz off.

Are you telling me I should feel sympathy towards people whose business model is built around being first to market and selling to suckers buyers who still haven't realized that purchasing the first slabbed copy to hit eBay almost certainly guarantees that you're going to overpay? People whose business model hinges on CGC's ability to always:

a) be on time

b) ship every FT invoice in exactly the order it was received

?

Because, yeah, ain't gonna happen :thumbsup:

I have - and I've been laughing my azz off.

Are you telling me I should feel sympathy towards people whose business model is built around being first to market and selling to suckers buyers who still haven't realized that purchasing the first slabbed copy to hit eBay almost certainly guarantees that you're going to overpay? People whose business model hinges on CGC's ability to always:

a) be on time

b) ship every FT invoice in exactly the order it was received

?

Because, yeah, ain't gonna happen :thumbsup:

I also find humor in speculators getting burned by CGC TAT's. Ah well ...the little things.

It's pretty awesome! No sympathy for flippers here, BTW. That's like feeling bad for the IRS...

As a collector im only CGCing key Bronze and Silver and Golden...

i dont get it about slabbing moderns...in 50 years they will still be worth nothing (not all of them but the majority) but god bless CGC and America

i dont see any purpose of preserving a brand new book as opposed to Gold and Silver and Bronze...

of course there are always exceptions :)