• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

16 days from received to GRADED

GRADED for one week.

Even if shipped, tomorrow, would be approaching 25 days on a 15-day estimate.

If there is that much business that you are consistently 25-50% over on your estimated times, hire and train more help, and add equipment and/or space.

I am first time customer, and not impressed with turnaround times. Better to not estimate low, rather they should estimate high.

Under promise and over deliver.

Also, a complimentary email saying "We apologize for the delay on your order...blah blah" would be nice.

You counting weekends...don't think any 15 day tier is that far behind.

Also, a complimentary email saying "We apologize for the delay on your order...blah blah" would be nice.

That's a great idea.

Also, we apologize for the delay on your order...blah blah blah."

16 days from received to GRADED

GRADED for one week.

Even if shipped, tomorrow, would be approaching 25 days on a 15-day estimate.

If there is that much business that you are consistently 25-50% over on your estimated times, hire and train more help, and add equipment and/or space.

I am first time customer, and not impressed with turnaround times. Better to not estimate low, rather they should estimate high.

Under promise and over deliver.

CGC's turnaround time estimates are measured in business days :thumbsup:

Any idea how they are able to sustain this... just thinking about the number of folks who have submitted books but have waited 4+ months for turnaround. CGC is constantly accepting submissions during shows, influx of books but there's a bottle neck in grading/encapsulation. At some point it will be like Lucy Ball working at the chocolate factory right?

I submitted books 08/12/2013, I don't even bother looking to see where they are in the process as it's like waiting for water to boil or watching paint draw.

My 15-day coupon took 17 days. Looks like the other guy here had his take 18. Percentage-wise, maybe not great. But 2-3 days past an "estimated" 15-day turnaround? I am not complaining.

-slym

My 15-day coupon submission last month took exactly 15 days. Perfectly on time.

This really pisses me off (not you tiestick2003) If it is supposed to be by tier, then how does a Modern Fast Track get shipped before Standard...

So, you expect every fast track to be completed before they do any standard subs?

I don't think there's a case here where a Standard and a FT were submitted on the same day, and the Standard shipped 1st?

:shrug:

Sorry you may be misreading me. I sent in 4 standards (3 comics and 1 Magazine) on 10/16/2013 as well. That is my point. If his order and my order were received THE SAME DAY there is no reason his should be done first, especially when my magazine has been sitting at "graded" for the last week. And yes, I do expect them to do Standards before they do Modern Fast Track, when they are received around the same time.

My 15-day coupon took 17 days. Looks like the other guy here had his take 18. Percentage-wise, maybe not great. But 2-3 days past an "estimated" 15-day turnaround? I am not complaining.

-slym

My 15-day coupon submission last month took exactly 15 days. Perfectly on time.

Day 18 (business days) of my 15 day coupon submission still sitting at graded as of today.

Sorry you may be misreading me. I sent in 4 standards (3 comics and 1 Magazine) on 10/16/2013 as well. That is my point. If his order and my order were received THE SAME DAY there is no reason his should be done first, especially when my magazine has been sitting at "graded" for the last week. And yes, I do expect them to do Standards before they do Modern Fast Track, when they are received around the same time.

It's not the same graders that handle Standard and Modern subs.

At least for standard, things seem to be moving along.....

All Standard

First batch, GS Xmen 1, Xmen 94, Hulk 181, Avengers 1, HOS 92

Shipped to CGC 10-28

Received/verified 10-29

Scheduled for grading 11-14

Graded 11-18

Second batch, Showcase 75, New Gods 1, Spiderman 129, Strange Tales 135

Shipped to CGC 11-5

Verified 11-6

At least for standard, things seem to be moving along.....

All Standard

First batch, GS Xmen 1, Xmen 94, Hulk 181, Avengers 1, HOS 92

Shipped to CGC 10-28

Received/verified 10-29

Scheduled for grading 11-14

Graded 11-18

Second batch, Showcase 75, New Gods 1, Spiderman 129, Strange Tales 135

Shipped to CGC 11-5

Verified 11-6

Those as some desirable issues in those lots. :wishluck: on grades.