• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,088 posts in this topic

Modern FT (4 books)

Received 10/18

Verified 10/29

Scheduled for grading 11/1

Graded 11/5

Shipped 11/21 :headbang:

Anyone know when you typically receive the tracking number?

Depends on how it is shipped. Mine are shipped USPS and I normally get tracking within 24 hrs

Stop being an instigator and perhaps your books will ship :baiting:
Point me in the direction of the appropriate butt to smooch so I can get mschmidt level TATs.

Not sure you want that - I handed in docgo's books at exactly the same time as mine and whilst his books are Graded, mine are still sitting in Verified :)

Nashville is where I turned mine in using the coupon still sitting at Graded/QC as of today 21 business days

Just checked and they're at shipped/safe :whee:

Avengers 57 blue 9.4 white

Captain America 100 blue 9.4 ow/w

X-Men 15 blue 9.0 ow/w

Iron Man 1 apparent sa 7.5 ow/w

I was advised on November 18th that one of my books was in encapsulation...What does that mean and typically, how long does that take?

I don't have a full membership and usually just sub through a CGC authorized dealer and check in with CGC when I *think* they may have a chance of being ready...

I was advised on November 18th that one of my books was in encapsulation...What does that mean and typically, how long does that take?

I don't have a full membership and usually just sub through a CGC authorized dealer and check in with CGC when I *think* they may have a chance of being ready...

Encap is the hold up. I bet you are looking at 2-3 days before they ship :wishluck:

Stop being an instigator and perhaps your books will ship :baiting:
Point me in the direction of the appropriate butt to smooch so I can get mschmidt level TATs.

Not sure you want that - I handed in docgo's books at exactly the same time as mine and whilst his books are Graded, mine are still sitting in Verified :)

No justice in the world. :baiting:

Modern submission (not fast track)

Received: 9/16/13

Back in time for x-mas? :wishluck:

Verified 10/11/13

Scheduled for grading 10/18/13

Graded 10/21/13

Grading/Quality Control 11/8/13

Shipped/Safe 11/21/13

Suck it Transplant :banana:

That is so freaking gross. My 10/23 FAST-FREAKING-TRACK Moderns have been graded for about 10 biz days and haven't shipped.

BUY A NEW FREAKING ENCAPSULATION MACHINE.

TRAIN MORE THAN 1 NEW PERSON TO USE IT IN TIMES OF BOTTLENECKS AT ENCAPSULATION.

So, everyone was freaking out about pooling, and I'm pretty sure that happens in encapsulation. Maybe the hold up is that they are taking our complaints seriously and doing their best to make sure no major pooling is happening? So that is why it's backed up?

I know, it's a crazy theory.

Would you rather have your books a week or 2 late, or have pooling?

I'd rather wait a little extra time.

So, everyone was freaking out about pooling, and I'm pretty sure that happens in encapsulation.

Maybe the hold up is that they are taking our complaints seriously and doing their best to make sure no major pooling is happening?

:roflmao:

So, everyone was freaking out about pooling, and I'm pretty sure that happens in encapsulation.

Maybe the hold up is that they are taking our complaints seriously and doing their best to make sure no major pooling is happening?

Indeed. I chuckled as well when I read that.

Modern submission (not fast track)

Received: 9/16/13

Back in time for x-mas? :wishluck:

Verified 10/11/13

Scheduled for grading 10/18/13

Graded 10/21/13

Grading/Quality Control 11/8/13

Shipped/Safe 11/21/13

Suck it Transplant :banana:

That is so freaking gross. My 10/23 FAST-FREAKING-TRACK Moderns have been graded for about 10 biz days and haven't shipped.

BUY A NEW FREAKING ENCAPSULATION MACHINE.

TRAIN MORE THAN 1 NEW PERSON TO USE IT IN TIMES OF BOTTLENECKS AT ENCAPSULATION.

So, everyone was freaking out about pooling, and I'm pretty sure that happens in encapsulation. Maybe the hold up is that they are taking our complaints seriously and doing their best to make sure no major pooling is happening? So that is why it's backed up?

I know, it's a crazy theory.

Would you rather have your books a week or 2 late, or have pooling?

I'd rather wait a little extra time.

Reality is you are waiting for pooled books. :baiting:

My Action Comics 81 Standard Submission has been marked "Shipped" after 16 business days.

That's not too bad!

I got an 8.5 with White pages :whee: I was hoping against hope for a 9.0 but that was wishful thinking.

That New Years cover is one of my favorites in Action. :cloud9:

I guess today is my lucky day. Another Submission is at "Shipped" status.

They received my Economy submission on 8/14 and it shipped today. 70 business days total.

That's a loooong time. 3 1/2 months total time (including weekends)

I'm a little disappointed with these two.

Hulk 5 got a Blue 4.0 (i thought it would get 5.0)

Hulk 6 got a Blue 5.0 (I thought it would get 6.0)

meh.

They will look nice with my Hulk 1 5.0. I guess I'm obligated to get Hulk 2-4 in mid grade now.

I guess today is my lucky day. Another Submission is at "Shipped" status.

They received my Economy submission on 8/14 and it shipped today. 70 business days total.

That's a loooong time. 3 1/2 months total time (including weekends)

I'm a little disappointed with these two.

Hulk 5 got a Blue 4.0 (i thought it would get 5.0)

Hulk 6 got a Blue 5.0 (I thought it would get 6.0)

meh.

They will look nice with my Hulk 1 5.0. I guess I'm obligated to get Hulk 2-4 in mid grade now.

Hey if you don't want them :takeit:

just kidding great books I would be on :cloud9:

What the CGC doesn't give about pooling:

ratsass.png

Another week goes by..

Another :taptaptap:

One single book, fast tracked modern from NYCC.

(shrug) 10 days my. ...

Yep. Another week and no books. 3 Modern FT books subbed 10/23. By my count, 21 business days. When I sent them in, the stated TAT was 10 business days for modern FT. So frustrating.

Another week goes by..

Another :taptaptap:

One single book, fast tracked modern from NYCC.

(shrug) 10 days my. ...

Yep. Another week and no books. 3 Modern FT books subbed 10/23. By my count, 21 business days. When I sent them in, the stated TAT was 10 business days for modern FT. So frustrating.

My modern FT took 24 business days. Received on 10/18, shipped on 11/21