• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,034 posts in this topic

According to the website, when marked as Graded, "Books have been graded and are currently going through the encapsulation process. This is when the appropriate holder size is selected and each book is carefully encased. Once this is complete, each comic will enter into the quality control process before it will be shipped.

The quality control process is when graded and encapsulated comics are re-examined by a grader to make certain that their labels are correct for both the grade and its accompanying descriptive information. He also inspects each comic for any major flaws on its holder."

However, I am basing that 3-4 day mark on the dates I see in this thread, not anything the CGC text is saying anywhere. Of course, those dates are what the submitter sees from the CGC.

:)

-slym

My 03/05/2014 Modern FT was shipped this morning, VERY happy with the grades. Total of 14 business days. My Economy FT from 03/05/2014 is still sitting at verified.
My economy FT from the same day is sitting verified as well. I guess they missed the 20 days turnaround..

My 03/05/2014 Modern FT was shipped this morning, VERY happy with the grades. Total of 14 business days. My Economy FT from 03/05/2014 is still sitting at verified.
My economy FT from the same day is sitting verified as well. I guess they missed the 20 days turnaround..

My econ from 1 week ago took 28 business days and a prod to cgc.

My MFT was verified on 3/5/14 and sitting at graded. Hoping it ships out soon like yours. :wishluck:

My first ever submission: Economy (4 books)

verified on 1/13/2014

scheduled for grading on 3/10/2014 (today)

We shall see what happens next... hopefully some good results.

Showing graded on 3/12//2014.

And still at that same spot. Any day now I am hoping...

My MFT was verified on 3/5/14 and sitting at graded. Hoping it ships out soon like yours. :wishluck:

+1. I thought grades would have appeared yesterday, but nope. Hopefully they are worth the wait.

Express submission was received 3/11

Marked shipped yesterday 3/27

5 day turn around took 13 business days :taptaptap:

you gotta blame Comic Book Men and their featured showcase of the CGC, really, every spoon and their mother is going to be sending mess in. Speaking of.....

Maaaa, can you write me a check, gonna send some of my books to get certified.

I am now feeling everyone's pain of waiting for my books to go from QC to shipped. I'm checking the website too much.

Equally as hard when someone who sub'd books on the same day as you already has their grades, while you wait for a long weekend. Not happy at all.