• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

I recently made my first Modern submission. They were marked as Received on March 18th and today is April 7th, still not Verified. Is that normal?
I assume you did not do fast track correct?

You could always call and make sure everything is ok.

No fast track. I figured it would take a few months, but I thought they would at least verify the order early on.

I recently made my first Modern submission. They were marked as Received on March 18th and today is April 7th, still not Verified. Is that normal?

No fast track. I figured it would take a few months, but I thought they would at least verify the order early on.

Here were the results on my late 2013 submission:

10/16/13 - Received

11/11/13 - Verified

11/19/13 - Scheduled for Grading

11/20/13 - Graded

12/5/13 - Grading/Quality Control

12/16/13 - Shipped

Forty one business days total for the above. Don't think it's time for you to worry yet. I have a current non-fast track submission as well that's been sitting on received since 4/2 and will probably stay there until May.

Here were the results on my late 2013 submission:

10/16/13 - Received

11/11/13 - Verified

11/19/13 - Scheduled for Grading

11/20/13 - Graded

12/5/13 - Grading/Quality Control

12/16/13 - Shipped

Forty one business days total for the above. Don't think it's time for you to worry yet. I have a current non-fast track submission as well that's been sitting on received since 4/2 and will probably stay there until May.

Thanks for the info

What is the current window from Graded to Shipped?

My first modern, non-fast track submission was received 3/03/14.

It has been marked as graded since 3/28...I believe.

Waiting on that shipped for my first book!

Also, I submitted four books using the same method that have been received since 3/31. No change in status yet.

What's weird is, the first book I submitted, the key comments were entered in after being a blank field.

Then, as of last week, the key comments were removed,

Its Secret Wars 8.

So it was the comments about being the costume that eventually becomes Venom.

2 book FT Econ sub.

3/3 Verified.

4/1 Graded

Still sitting.

Here are CGC's current/estimated times.

Modern* 36 business days 20 business days

Modern Fast Track* 18 business days 10 business days

Economy 59 business days 40 business days

Economy Fast Track 25 business days 20 business days

Value 59 business days 40 business days

I have two value slow tracks both at graded. One was received on 1-9-14 and the other 1-31-14. I don't keep track anymore of when they move to the next step :cry:

So roughly 60 business days right now for the 1-9 still waiting for encapsulation and shipping. No complaint as I knew slow track was slow track.

I have two value slow tracks both at graded. One was received on 1-9-14 and the other 1-31-14. I don't keep track anymore of when they move to the next step :cry:

So roughly 60 business days right now for the 1-9 still waiting for encapsulation and shipping. No complaint as I knew slow track was slow track.

Wow...that's a long time...

Makes me think I shouldn't hold my breathe on my 3/03 submission.

I have a value "slow track" from 1/27 as well. This did not help my mood today.

What's weird is, the first book I submitted, the key comments were entered in after being a blank field.

Then, as of last week, the key comments were removed,

Its Secret Wars 8.

So it was the comments about being the costume that eventually becomes Venom.

They will change during the grading cycle. When it is marked shipped the actual notes will be shown. -Steve

Wow...that's a long time...

Makes me think I shouldn't hold my breathe on my 3/03 submission.

Me neither, but then I knew that going in. Mine was received on 3/25, and like most here mine hasn't been verified yet either. My due date (taking con Fridays and their posted TAT into consideration) is June 30th, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm hoping they're back by WW Chicago at the end of August.

I made my first submission, Value slow, which was

received on 2/3

verified 2/5

scheduled for grading 3/18

graded 3/31, and sitting there.

Is the current time from graded to shipped/safe really three weeks? (response I got in the ask CGC forum.) If so, that would put Value submissions at almost a 90-day turnaround.

received on 2/3

verified 2/5

Is the current time from graded to shipped/safe really three weeks? (response I got in the ask CGC forum.) If so, that would put Value submissions at almost a 90-day turnaround.

That all sounds about right, but for CGC's math you need to count only business days (in 3 months you have 24 weekend days) and subtract Fridays of major cons that CGC sets up at or major holidays. With all that your 90 days probably turns into about 65 days, which isn't too far off of their stated TATs.

received on 2/3

verified 2/5

That all sounds about right, but for CGC's math you need to count only business days (in 3 months you have 24 weekend days) and subtract Fridays of major cons that CGC sets up at or major holidays. With all that your 90 days probably turns into about 65 days, which isn't too far off of their stated TATs.

They told me 4 months so I think it may be closer to 80-85 business days. Using 21 average business days a month. Not counting cons so it is probably less than this though.