• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

finally got the 3/3 Coupon submission today...never did get notified of tracking.

Mine was marked as shipped on Monday, and I have yet to receive tracking info also.

sometimes customer service is more than just answering the phone. only got tracking info because i called and asked for it. my credit card info was stolen between the time i subbed the books and the time they were invoiced. books sat as shipped/safe for a week before i realized they didn't have my new credit card info and the books hadn't been shipped at all. what's the point of asking for your phone number and email address on the submission form if they don't bother to contact you with an issue that could have been resolved immediately?

finally got the 3/3 Coupon submission today...never did get notified of tracking.

Mine was marked as shipped on Monday, and I have yet to receive tracking info also.

Same with mine. I guess they figure there is no reason to send out the tracking number since registered mail doesn't get point-to-point tracking updates anyway.

Same with mine. I guess they figure there is no reason to send out the tracking number since registered mail doesn't get point-to-point tracking updates anyway.

Maybe, but lots of us ship via our personal FedEx accounts and they do provide point-to-point tracking that would be nice to have. In any event, CGC should be providing tracking info in a timely fashion (like before the package arrives), even for registered mail customers. We are paying for that service.

If you submit even a few times a year a personal FedEx account is free to sign up for and very easy to use.

If you submit even a few times a year a personal FedEx account is free to sign up for and very easy to use.

Oh great tip! Just checked it out. Definitely makes sense. Thanks.

No worries! It is really useful to have, and for free there is no reason not to get one. In the box from the CGC form pictured below just fill out the bottom section about the self-insured FedEx account and FedEx will ship the books and bill your credit card. I like the fact that I know exactly what it costs to ship, rather than paying CGC (or anyone else, for that matter) a flat rate to ship. Piece of cake!

Picture1.jpg

No worries! It is really useful to have, and for free there is no reason not to get one. In the box from the CGC form pictured below just fill out the bottom section about the self-insured FedEx account and FedEx will ship the books and bill your credit card. I like the fact that I know exactly what it costs to ship, rather than paying CGC (or anyone else, for that matter) a flat rate to ship. Piece of cake!

Picture1.jpg

So you can insure the books for more than 100 dollars?

Picture1.jpg

The FedEx account is a great idea. I use it. But it's important to pay attention to the words "self insured FedEx account". CGC will not declare a value on these shipments. Undeclared, FedEx's liability is a max of $100. Shipped this way, your books are traveling with $100 in insurance. Losses are rare. But as the saying goes, if the odds are one in a million that doesn't mean much if you are the one.

So if you have your books returned this way, it would be wise to have arranged that self insurance they speak of.

If you already have insurance on your collection, or if you are a dealer and have insurance for your inventory - check and see if you have cartage insurance already. If you do find out the terms and limits. I - and many others - use Collectibles Insurance Services (collectinsure.com)

Edited by Tony S

Picture1.jpg

The FedEx account is a great idea. I use it. But it's important to pay attention to the words "self insured FedEx account". CGC will not declare a value on these shipments. Undeclared, FedEx's liability is a max of $100. Shipped this way, your books are traveling with $100 in insurance. Losses are rare. But as the saying goes, if the odds are one in a million that doesn't mean much if you are the one.

So if you have your books returned this way, it would be wise to have arranged that self insurance they speak of.

If you already have insurance on your collection, or if you are a dealer and have insurance for your inventory - check and see if you have cartage insurance already. If you do find out the terms and limits. I - and many others - use Collectibles Insurance Services (collectinsure.com)

I use Collectibles Insurance as well, and they provide coverage for books that are being transported (via mail, or being carried to/from/at shows). I've never had a problem, but having your own insurance is key and something that anyone who spends any serious money on books ought to look into. Collectibles insurance is easy to work with and reasonable, I've used them for 3-4 years now.

My 03/05/2014 Modern FT was shipped this morning, VERY happy with the grades. Total of 14 business days. My Economy FT from 03/05/2014 is still sitting at verified.
My economy FT from the same day is sitting verified as well. I guess they missed the 20 days turnaround..
Still sitting at verified....

My 03/05/2014 Modern FT was shipped this morning, VERY happy with the grades. Total of 14 business days. My Economy FT from 03/05/2014 is still sitting at verified.
My economy FT from the same day is sitting verified as well. I guess they missed the 20 days turnaround..

My value submissions from 12/30 have been sitting at graded for six weeks now. I was kind of excited when they got graded reasonably quickly. But now it's past day 59 and they still sit at graded. :(

My value submissions from 12/30 have been sitting at graded for six weeks now. I was kind of excited when they got graded reasonably quickly. But now it's past day 59 and they still sit at graded. :(

That's just silly. I've got my first value submission at CGC right now (sitting at received for the better part of a week now) and if this is how they move through the system I'm not going to be thrilled.

you need to call them, that makes no sense.

I submitted 90 moderns slow track for prescreen. received 2/6, verified 2/7.

Scheduled for grading 3/7

Still Scheduled for grading as of 3/30, going on 36 business days minus however many con days

It seems that they have swept Jan and Feb off the list, so you can't work backwards, but you can see the current and future months' con Fridays on CGC's events page. Going forward, it looks like damn near every Friday will be a con Friday, which is bad for TAT (not even taking the massive new con volume into the equation). :sick:

Updating this - My books arrived Saturday. I never received shipment/tracking info, though. I know you can't track point to point, but you are able to view if delivery of the package was attempted w/ notice left. There have been a few instances this year when the postman never left a notice and I was forced to track down the item at the main hub. One of those times was with a delivery of a CGC submission.

Still Scheduled for grading as of 3/30, going on 36 business days minus however many con days

Looks like 2 of the 3 submissions swapped to graded today.

I am at three weeks, in the same boat as yours. I am now hoping to get them before the end of the school year. Or before next school year starts at worst.