• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,969 posts in this topic

3 value fast track received 2/18

Shipped out on 4/4

How does someone submit 3 books under value FT when there is a 15 book minimum for that tier?

Through a dealer who submitted a bunch, of which 3 were mine.

That makes perfect sense, I should have thought of that. doh!

I made my first submission, Value slow, which was

received on 2/3

verified 2/5

scheduled for grading 3/18

graded 3/31, and sitting there.

Is the current time from graded to shipped/safe really three weeks? (response I got in the ask CGC forum.) If so, that would put Value submissions at almost a 90-day turnaround.

That all sounds about right, but for CGC's math you need to count only business days (in 3 months you have 24 weekend days) and subtract Fridays of major cons that CGC sets up at or major holidays. With all that your 90 days probably turns into about 65 days, which isn't too far off of their stated TATs.

They told me 4 months so I think it may be closer to 80-85 business days. Using 21 average business days a month. Not counting cons so it is probably less than this though.

Yeah, you're probably right, and that puts it at quite a bit longer than the posted 59 day TAT they're currently advertising. But if he gets a 2/3 Value sub that is already graded to be shipped in 3 more weeks, he's looking pretty good for the 60 day mark.

new submission update

MFT #1 - rec ? > ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26 > sch 3/5 > grd 3/10 > grd/QC 3/18 > shipped 3/20

Modern - received 2/24 > verified 2/26>scheduled for grading 3/19>graded 4/1

new submission

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9

Value Fast Track #1 - rec 4/7

Aw, mess...!!!

I sent a box of 11 moderns off yesterday, so when I see them marked as "Received," I will start the date list.

11 moderns, no fast-track, marked as:

Received, 2/21/14 :banana:

Received & verified, 2/25/14

Scheduled For Grading, 3/18/14 :(

Graded, 3/24/14 (:

Graded/Quality Control, 4/3/14 iconshocking.gif

Shipped, 4/9/14 :whee:

I am not looking at the grades until they get here... I swear this time, I won't look at the grades on the website!

-slym

Aw, mess...!!!

I sent a box of 11 moderns off yesterday, so when I see them marked as "Received," I will start the date list.

Graded, 3/24/14 (:

I am not looking at the grades until they get here... I swear this time, I won't look at the grades on the website!

-slym

Any good books? Whats the grades on them :baiting:

Aw, mess...!!!

Graded, 3/24/14 (:

-slym

i have a slow track modern that was received 2/24, so technically I should see shipped 4/14/14 but i suspect that it will later than that

Shipped out on 4/4

How does someone submit 3 books under value FT when there is a 15 book minimum for that tier?

received on 2/3

verified 2/5

Is the current time from graded to shipped/safe really three weeks? (response I got in the ask CGC forum.) If so, that would put Value submissions at almost a 90-day turnaround.

That all sounds about right, but for CGC's math you need to count only business days (in 3 months you have 24 weekend days) and subtract Fridays of major cons that CGC sets up at or major holidays. With all that your 90 days probably turns into about 65 days, which isn't too far off of their stated TATs.

They told me 4 months so I think it may be closer to 80-85 business days. Using 21 average business days a month. Not counting cons so it is probably less than this though.

Yeah, you're probably right, and that puts it at quite a bit longer than the posted 59 day TAT they're currently advertising. But if he gets a 2/3 Value sub that is already graded to be shipped in 3 more weeks, he's looking pretty good for the 60 day mark.

Moved to Grading/QC today. 4/9/13

Shipped out on 4/4

received on 2/3

verified 2/5

Moved to Grading/QC today. 4/9/13

This is what I don't get. You would think they go in order as mine were received almost a full month earlier - same tier yet mine are still sitting at Graded (shrug)

I'm sure there must be some logic to how they process but I don't see it here.

Glad yours moved forward though.

Yeah, the CGC claims they work in a FIFO process, but that obviously isn't the case, as proven by posts in this thread.

:(

-slym

There are plenty of examples in this thread that FIFO doesn't quite work that way in Sarasota. To quote that guy in the Princess Bride, "That word, I don't think it means what you think it means."

And so I stay on topic, my 3/25 non-FT Value is still at received.