• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

UPDATE:

-Just called

-Given an explanation that a 15 day coupon is 'implied' as an estimation of 15-30 days, even though it isn't clearly stated "expressed" on any webpages or express/limited warranties and not clearly marked as 30 days under the 'current turnaround for a Col Soc Coupon.'

-I asked that if the books aren't completed and marked as shipped within this 'implied but not clearly denoted' 30 day time, if compensation would be made in the form of another 15 day standard coupon or at the very least a 15-day modern coupon.

-Was told again that even though current turnaround states 15 business days, its still an estimation at best.

-I stated under their "Guarantee and Exclusion of Warranty/Limitation of Remedies" if I should enact said clause:"If you wish to notify CGC in writing within 5 days of the time that you become aware of the facts giving rise to such remedy" in the "Infringement of it's services" that a contractual business obligation not being met (even under the implied 30 days at most estimation) falls under false advertising under Florida State Law.

-Placed on hold

-Was told that my books would be graded and marked as shipped within the 15-day time frame and assured that my books will go out to me safely handled and graded properly next week.

*background* - I write and enforce legal contracts between my fiber-optic/telecom firm and multi-million dollar companies such as Verizon, AT&T, Qwest, Clearwire, Infinera and United States SSA (social security administration.)

So great.

UPDATE:

-Just called

-Given an explanation that a 15 day coupon is 'implied' as an estimation of 15-30 days, even though it isn't clearly stated "expressed" on any webpages or express/limited warranties and not clearly marked as 30 days under the 'current turnaround for a Col Soc Coupon.'

-I asked that if the books aren't completed and marked as shipped within this 'implied but not clearly denoted' 30 day time, if compensation would be made in the form of another 15 day standard coupon or at the very least a 15-day modern coupon.

-Was told again that even though current turnaround states 15 business days, its still an estimation at best.

-I stated under their "Guarantee and Exclusion of Warranty/Limitation of Remedies" if I should enact said clause:"If you wish to notify CGC in writing within 5 days of the time that you become aware of the facts giving rise to such remedy" in the "Infringement of it's services" that a contractual business obligation not being met (even under the implied 30 days at most estimation) falls under false advertising under Florida State Law.

-Placed on hold

-Was told that my books would be graded and marked as shipped within the 15-day time frame and assured that my books will go out to me safely handled and graded properly next week.

*background* - I write and enforce legal contracts between my fiber-optic/telecom firm and multi-million dollar companies such as Verizon, AT&T, Qwest, Clearwire, Infinera and United States SSA (social security administration.)

lol I expect CGC might be getting a bunch of phone calls in the next little bit.

But I just realized that means your 15 day Col Soc coupon is now being bumped in front of my 15 day Col Soc coupon!

:sorry:

update

MFT #1 - rec ? > ver 2/18 > sch 2/27 > grd 2/28 > grd/QC 3/12 > shipped 3/13

MFT #2 - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26 > sch 3/5 > grd 3/10 > grd/QC 3/18 > shipped 3/20

Modern - rec 2/24 > ver 2/26>sch3/19>grd 4/1>grd/qc 4/16>shipped 4/17

new submission

MFT #3 - rec 4/3>ver 4/9>scheduled 4/16>grd 4/18>graded/QC 4/24

Value FT #1 - rec 4/7>verified 4/16

UPDATE:

-Just called

-Placed on hold

Does that mean you'll get all the grades you hoped for as well? :applause: Wait a minute... are they fast tracking the entire run of coupon submissions because they're behind, or just your books? Man...I hope you didn't :censored: the rest of us by getting a run around!!!

Here is status on a few subs -

Modern Slow Track - Received 2/24 Shipped 4/17

Modern Fast Track - Received 4/7 Scheduled for Grading 4/16 Grading/QC - but finalized (got my grades over phone today 4/24 - sweet, sweet grades ) should ship tomorrow. SPEEDY MODERN FAST TRACK

Coupon - Received 4/14 Currently at Verified No change here 4/24

Update 4/24

Does that mean you'll get all the grades you hoped for as well? :applause: Wait a minute... are they fast tracking the entire run of coupon submissions because they're behind, or just your books? Man...I hope you didn't :censored: the rest of us by getting a run around!!!

Nah! And I really hope not! That was not my intention in the least, If anything I would expect CGC to adhere more strictly to first come, first served and not "we got a lot of convention books submitted last weekend"; which negates the FCFS statement.

Edited by The_Crimson_Son

I have one that has been sitting in Graded/QC for 4 days now.

Usually when it hits QC, it seems to ship the next day.

I have one order that is "Graded" and one that is scheduled. Is it possible they're holding the one in QC to combine with another shipment(s)?

UPDATE:

-Just called

-Placed on hold

lol I expect CGC might be getting a bunch of phone calls in the next little bit.

But I just realized that means your 15 day Col Soc coupon is now being bumped in front of my 15 day Col Soc coupon!

I wonder if we could file some sort of class action along these lines that would get FIFO to run as it should as opposed to the seemingly random progressions we currently get. I think most would see that as a big step in the right direction.

UPDATE:

-Just called

-Placed on hold

I wonder if we could file some sort of class action along these lines that would get FIFO to run as it should as opposed to the seemingly random progressions we currently get. I think most would see that as a big step in the right direction.

It might encourage them to finally shell out for some Overtime at least.

UPDATE:

-Just called

-Placed on hold

It might encourage them to finally shell out for some Overtime at least.

This scenario would probably only apply to the coupon, because it actually has a time limit stated/implied in its name. I wouldn't be surprised to see that change in the very near future. They get out of the situation quite easily by calling it a "Collector Society Coupon" and whacking the stated/implied turnaround time.

Nah! And I really hope not! That was not my intention in the least, If anything I would expect CGC to adhere more strictly to first come, first served and not "we got a lot of convention books submitted last weekend"; which negates the FCFS statement.

I know...just messin'!

Standard sub

received/verified 4/10

No change as of 4/25

Just wondering what others are seeing for turnaround on Standard these days.

It's only been 10 business days, but was hoping it would move to scheduled by now.

Hi guys,

I Submitted 5 modern books to the CGC booth at Sacramento Comic con. First time sending in books. Don't have an account to check status, I was only given a copy of the CGC receipt. Has anyone gotten their books back from this event? I sent in a TWD #9 with Kirkman's (now 2 more WD people) sig's and really want it back.

I checked on a Modern pre-screen submission that's been stuck at graded for over two weeks. This was the response:

"Pre-screens always run longer then the base turn time of the regular service, usually at least 2-3 weeks longer due to volume and the extra processing it takes to handle the books. These were just in the last stages of encapsulation this week, so I still expect at the very least another week or two on them."

First, shouldn't pre-screens move at the same pace as regular submissions once graded? I know pre-screens supposedly take longer than regular submissions, but I thought that extra time was for work performed prior to grading. Am I missing something here?

Second, should it really take 3-4 weeks for encapsulation? That seems like a long time, basically 1/3 to 1/2 the total TAT. :facepalm:

rantrant

Standard sub

received/verified 4/10

No change as of 4/25

Just wondering what others are seeing for turnaround on Standard these days.

It's only been 10 business days, but was hoping it would move to scheduled by now.

My Value submissions from 3/28 and 3/31 are not verified yet either so...